PDA

View Full Version : Supplements

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Candiflip
Mon, Jun-17-02, 20:06
What kind of Supplements am I supposted to be taking? I know that Dr. Atkins sells his own but that would mean ordering from the States & I guess if that is the best one then I will do it but if I can just be taking a cocktail of them I will. *GAG* I just have the hardest time getting down vit.'shttp://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/indifferent/indifferent02.gif Thank you

Candice

TeriDoodle
Mon, Jun-17-02, 20:44
Hi there!

The essential supplements you should be taking are:

- a good multivitamin (no iron)

- calcium and magnesium

- potassium

Beyond that, you may want to do research about the following to make your own decision whether or not you'd like to invest (each of them have been shown to aid in weight loss, but your mileage may vary ;) ):

- chromium
- CoQ10
- CLA
- Green Tea extract
- milk thistle
- flax oil or flax seed
- l-carnitine
- glutamine (if you're working out and/or weightlifting)

This is NOT a definitive list.... only the ones I know a little bit about myself. Some of these can be quite expensive and may not help at all in your particular situation, so be aware of that going in.

Hope this helps!