PDA

View Full Version : Hello--may I join everyone!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

VictoriaT
Mon, Jun-17-02, 08:31
Hello all.
I just started Atkins last week. I have a long way to go. I have about 6 sizes of clothes in my closet and I want to get down to 190. I am 5 9 and have an 8 inch wrist so I think that 190 will be good for me.

May I join yall for support? I need it!!! My head feels like this....

:spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin:

I am just very nervous becasue I dont want to fail in trying to lose some weight. I went to the DR and my bp is 142/96 and my cholesterol is up. I am getting married in April 26, 2003. I really want to be a beautiful bride and I think I can lose some decent amount of weight and look and feel better by then!!!

Thanks eveyrone!!!!!!! :wave:

Victoria
Mon, Jun-17-02, 09:19
Welcome VictoriaT,
Good to see you here. What does your doctor think of low carbing? I've read in several books (Protein Power, and Life Without Bread) that it helps with blood pressure as well as cholesterol, so it should be helpful for you on several issues. Make sure and get your blood work done after you've been successfully doing it for a few months. Maybe at 3- 6 month, to see how it compares with your earlier cholesterol numbers.

Well, you have something wonderful to work toward and look forward to...your wedding. Congratulations! Victoria

Meadow
Mon, Jun-17-02, 09:28
Hi Victoria,
Looks like you and I find ourselves in the same forum. Congratulations on your engagement! What an exciting time this must be for you. I feel that by helping others we help ourselves. Thats the great thing about this support forum.
:daizy:

OKwoer
Mon, Jun-17-02, 09:36
Welcome Victoria,
You found a great place for support.

About the blood pressure thing. I went to the doc 2 weeks ago for a upper respitory infection. I always dread to go to the doc because I get a lecture on my blood pressure. In fact, I was resigned to the fact that this would be the visit where I'd finally have to give in and go on medication for the rest of my life. But a wonderful thing happened. The nurse took my pressure and said, "looks good"....LOOKS GOOD?!?!?! I about passed out right there. The doctor confirmed the good news...normal BP.

Congrats on your upcoming nuptuals. That's a wonderful reason to lose weight and feel good about yourself. But I would offer a word of encouragement....As you get into the low carb lifestyle, you'll soon discover that you can be in control of your eating...maybe for the first time ever. Instead of making it about losing weight, my hope for you is that you make the transformation from weight loss plan to healthy lifestyle plan. You see, weight loss has a beginning and an end. It's easy to see the goal and make compromises thinking it will just delay reaching the goal a bit. And we all know what happens when we start making compromises.

Adopting a healthy lifestyle plan means we want to live our lives as healthy persons. We want to be in control and have our bodies feel like they fit with the person we know we really are. That's a journey, not a destination.

Don't worry right now that it's all about weight loss. That's where we all started from. But when the time comes, you can make that transition of thought that will lead to continued success.

God Bless you as you continue on this wonderful journey,

VictoriaT
Mon, Jun-17-02, 10:40
Hi everyone
Thanks for the kind words!

My doctor said to do Atkins diet, but add some fruit. After I read the book I was wondering why she said to add fruit--so I am not going to do that. I had a steak and broc with cheese today for lunch!

OK--Hello! And congrats!! You were probably really shocked to have a better bp! That is so wonderful. I think my bp rises from the word DOCTOR. I hope it will get better as I lose weight. I think I have had more water in the past 4 days than I had in the past 4 months! What part of OK? I went to grad school in Lawrence KS at KU and drove through OK a few times-its beautiful.

I really appreciate all of you even after 4 days. ITs nice to know Im not alone... :hyper: