PDA

View Full Version : [CKD] Creatine and CKD

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

smasterson
Fri, Jun-14-02, 16:04
Hi Everyone! And Hi Dan, just bought your book. I have not started this yet but plan to, I'd like to continue with my Betagen (creatine). It has 2gr carb per serving, 3x a day. I love this stuff, should I consider giving it up during the week? Thanks
Sue
p.s. I've been doing BFL for 6 months, looking for something that will help blast off the fat for my 3rd challenge.

Natrushka
Fri, Jun-14-02, 17:46
Sue, just wanted to say 'hi' - I'm pretty sure I recognize you from the BFLW board. Welcome to the forum and best of luck in your new program :)

Nat

smasterson
Fri, Jun-14-02, 18:40
Hi Nat! Thanks for the welcome! Yup, that's me! Great pic btw!
Sue

Chantel
Sat, Jun-15-02, 16:09
Hi Sue,
I did a search under "CKD and creatine" to see what came up and there is a lot of info! As usual, right?

Interesting post I found:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=CKD+and+creatine&hl=en&lr=&selm=6DQk5.6681%240E5.116443%40typhoon.nyroc.rr.com&rnum=2

Try and cut/paste this. Basically the thought from what I read was to not take the creatine during the CKD diet but I could be wrong.

hth

:wave:

smasterson
Sun, Jun-16-02, 10:47
Thanks Chantel, it makes sense that if I'm doing CKD for a cut, don't need to worry about building muscle right now, so creatine doesn't make sense. I'll drop it unless I hear another viewpoint on it. Thanks girl, you're great!
Sue

Trainerdan
Mon, Jun-17-02, 20:09
Creatine CAN be used during a CKD, AND creatine can be used as a part of a fat loss program.

I would offer studies/support for this, but I am in the middle of moving and my library is at the new abode. LOL.

I'll be back ...

Zeus
Tue, Jun-18-02, 10:47
You really like your creatine ... :rolleyes:

Trainerdan
Tue, Jun-18-02, 15:56
If you are going to go at a goal with 100% intensity, it makes sense to use the best tools in the arsenal.

Actually, I am not even on creatine right now. Just came off an 8 week cycle of it. Very happy with the results.

I have no exact favoritism toward creatine ...

BUT, what I DO favor is having the right information available to the members who frequent this forum, seeing as how I am ultimately (along with Fern) responsible and accountable for its content.

Since I am also a professional in this industry, it is my reputation on the line as well. So, if I see something that is not correct, you can bet that I am gonna correct it.

With that in mind, here's another reason that creatine is beneficial: :read2:

CREATINE AS AN ANTIOXIDANT

Scientists at Texas A&M recently tested the hypothesis that creatine can act as an antioxidant and remove superoxide ions, peroxynitrate, hydrogen peroxide, and lipid peroxides.

The studies proved that creatine did display a significant antioxidant scavenging capacity.