PDA

View Full Version : L Carnitine

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Chloep
Wed, Jun-12-02, 23:18
DOes L Carnitine give you flatulance and gas ??

DarkLotus
Thu, Jun-13-02, 06:24
I have been taking it for a little over 2 months with no smelly after affects :D

Pat S.
Thu, Jun-13-02, 17:37
Hi,
I have been taking it for a year no problem it might be something you are eating that is different. Some people have problems with a lot of fat in the diet. If you are taking alot of Vitamin C and Magnesium that can cause loose stool and flatulance (Sorry to be graphic)

Chloep
Fri, Jun-14-02, 23:28
they come in different forms.

i've seen Acetyl L-canitine, L-carnitine fumarate, L-canitine citrate.

which is the best ?
the prices do vary very widely for the different types.

Talon
Fri, Jul-19-02, 12:53
I am wondering the same question. What is the difference in the various types of L-carnitine?

DarkLotus
Fri, Jul-19-02, 13:22
If I remember correctly when I asked that at GNC a few months ago, I think it's how fast you body absorbs it. If I'm wrong, someone will correct me :p I found this too, may help a little
http://www.carnipure.com/carnipure/en/technical/acetyl.html

raharris
Tue, Aug-13-02, 18:30
Hi --

On the question of which carnitine is best -- Fran McCullough reccomends Acetyl L-canitine in her book =Low Carb Living=. My understanding is that this prefrence comes from the work of the Dr.s Eades (of =Protein Power= fame).

Hope this helps -- Robert