PDA

View Full Version : Reading Dr. Richard Bernstein

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tamarian
Wed, Jun-12-02, 15:13
Finally got to start reading Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution.

I'm not diabetic, but heard so many good things about the book that it's very informative even for none diabetics.

While getting ready to pre-scan the book, I found one piece of interesting information on the book's jacket, that I never heard mentioned in reference to the book!

Did you know that Dr. Bernstein is an engineer, and a business executive? He only entered medical school at the age of 45, simply to become a doctor and help other diabetics, after he found out how to control his own type I diabetes!!

Food for though :)

Wa'il

tamarian
Thu, Jun-13-02, 17:51
Well, turns out the full story of how Dr. Bernstein the engineer, had to enter medical school at the age of 45, in order to have credibility publishing his scientific dicovery regarding diabetese and carbs:

http://www.diabetes-normalsugars.com/readit/fiftyyears.shtml

It's really a fascinating story, and gives an insight into the medical "establishment".

Enjoy!

Wa'il

puma_power
Thu, Oct-17-02, 09:26
"Did you know that Dr. Bernstein is an engineer, and a business executive? He only entered medical school at the age of 45, simply to become a doctor and help other diabetics, after he found out how to control his own type I diabetes!!"

Yes, isn't this amazing! I have such admiration for him. He has helped me alot.