PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd drop back in...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

OKwoer
Wed, Jun-12-02, 08:03
Well, I haven't posted here in some time. There are numerous reasons including my wife and I moving into a new home, moving my sister and mom at the same time, getting a new boss man, and just generally being much too busy. But here's the good news:

DESPITE ALL THE ADDED STRESS TO MY LIFE, I HAVE REMAINED FAITHFUL TO MY NEW WOL!!!!

Sorry...had to do a little screaming there. As I look back on so many other diet plans I have started, I recognize that any one of the stressors I mention above could have and would have derailed me and sent me on to new heights in weight and depths of depression.

BUT I FEEL GREAT :roll:

Here a few things I'm learning right now:

1. The scale is not as important a motivator as I thought. When we moved, I had to go several days without weighing because I couldn't find the darn thing. Just this morning, my wife comes in asking for batteries for the scale. It made me realize that I hadn't weighed in 2 weeks. I guess this is part of the transition between just wanting to lose weight and adopting a new WOL.

2. Using excess energy builds more energy. This is really a great revelation for me. I think most of my life, I've had the attitude that I need to conserve as much energy as possible just to get through the day. With our move, and having to move my sister and my mom, I had to extend myself and use every ounce of energy I had to get through it. But remarkably (and I know this is probably obvious to most people) when I used all my energy, the next day I had more energy. I'm driving my wife crazy now because I don't want to sit down and relax. My favorite activity in the past was sitting in my oversized chair and flipping through 1000 cable channels. Now I'm getting to the point where I can't make it through a half-hour sitcom. Just in the last two weeks I've used my extra energy to cut down a tree and trim branches off 3 others, cut my own lawn (in the past I had to hire someone else), plant flower beds, reupholstered 2 chairs, redecorated my office, and worked with 4 and 5 year olds at church....WHEW!!! In addition, I walk 30 minutes every morning. Now at some point this has to level off, but right now I feel like there are not enough projects to keep me busy. Anyone need any trees cut down? :daze:

3. With more activity, I have more of an appetite. Now this may sound like a bad thing, but actually with my LC lifestyle, I just see it as an opportunity to enjoy my meals more while still being in control. It scares me a bit, but I have faith that LCing will keep me on track.

Well I'm learning so much more, but I really need to get to doing something else...I wonder if my wife would mind if I knocked down that wall over there?

God Bless,

DWRolfe
Wed, Jun-12-02, 08:17
Jim, we've missed you and worried about you!

I can't tell you how many times I've wondered about you and if you had continued LCing! You were so into it when you posted here before, that I was shocked when you disappeared. I thought perhaps you had difficulties after switching programs.

But look at your stats! CONGRATULATIONS!

Please don't be such a stranger...we need more folks like you here to share their success stories!

I hope you and your family will be very happy in your new home, too!

Best--Donald :wave:

Victoria
Wed, Jun-12-02, 23:47
OKwoer,
Good to see your face again! Wow, you sound great. So good to hear you are still keeping on and feeling so good. Your stats are great---60 lbs.! Hope you and your family enjoy your new home and we'll be seeing more of you soon! :wave: Victoria