PDA

View Full Version : Desiree's Lemon Pancakes

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Talon
Sun, Jun-09-02, 07:28
Desiree’s Lemon Pancake

4 eggs
1/4 C. soy flour or soy powder
2 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. heavy cream
Pinch of salt
3-4 oz. butter
Cinnamon
Lemon extract or fresh-squeezed lemon juice
3-4 packets sweetener

Melt 2 oz butter in a pie plate in the oven while preheating to 425. Mix eggs, cream, water, flour, salt well. Pour mixture
into melted butter in pie plate.

Cook at 425 for 8 minutes. Turn down to 275 for 7 minutes. When finished it should look like a great big egg “bowl”
with the sides puffed up.
Dot the remaining butter in the egg dish. Lightly sprinkle cinnamon and add 1/4 tsp lemon extract or 1 Tbsp fresh
squeezed lemon. Sprinkle 2-3 packets of sweetener over that. Then roll the egg pancake and sprinkle more sweetener
and cinnamon on top.
Serves one very hungry person, or 2 not so hungry people.

colinjn
Wed, Jun-12-02, 08:43
I used to serve the standard version of this recipe whenever we had guests. It was always a crowd pleaser. You can double or triple it according to the amount of people. I've seen some done in cupcake pans a la yorkshire pudding, but have not tried that way since the drama of one huge dish looks so good!

How is the taste and texture with the soy? I imagine the lemon would work well in covering any beany aspects.

Thanks for the idea.

Colin

Talon
Wed, Jun-12-02, 10:15
I've not had the standard version of this, but with the lemon and the cinnamon it taste pretty darn good. Almost better than pankcackes. :)