PDA

View Full Version : Veggies want out!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sidney
Sat, Jun-08-02, 10:47
I'll have to be fast and hopefully not to blunt, I have to go to work just as I've found this place! I am doing CAD, and I have no problem eating salad and vegetables, but very soon after I eat them, I get diarrhea that can last for hours. It can't be healthy to take Immodium every day, and it kind of curbs the social life. Any tips, hints, or reassurance? Thanks so much.

Libbyfcr
Wed, Jun-12-02, 11:14
Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. :(

Can you give us more info on what you are eating each day? Maybe list a couple of days. We are not experts or doctors but would certainly be willing to give our input if we are able.

What kind of changes have you made recently that might affect you in this way? Also..... are there other outside things that may cause this problem? Stress? Medications? Anything different lately?

Glad you found us Sidney, you will enjoy this website.

:wave: Libby

Sidney
Thu, Jun-13-02, 11:10
I think my body said YIKES! about the sudden vegetable avalanche. Things are much calmer now. However, I am so sick of salads, I could scream.

Libbyfcr
Thu, Jun-13-02, 12:06
Remember, variety is the spice of life............

Try new low carb things in your salad. Be brave, buy stuff you have never tried before. Put other things in your salad, like cubed ham or hard boiled eggs, real bacon bits and try a variety of greens and different cheeses and bell peppers of different colors.

Remember.......... keep it interesting.

Libby

tigerww
Thu, Jun-13-02, 15:50
There are some very nice pre-packaged salad mixes on the market. I like the Ready Pac brand especially, though they are expensive. If you live near a Trader Joe's food store, they have less expensive ones that are about as good, and also some more interesting varieties. One of my new favorites is Spring Mix (baby greens, also called mesclun) with herbs (parsley & cilantro). Yum!

Wolfiesask
Thu, Jun-27-02, 16:19
I just started back on my CAD and forgot what the initial phase is like. I look at it as my body getting back in balance. Remember to have your lean protein along with your veggies, which can counteract some of the effects of the fiber. It might be a bit of heat stroke too....the weather here is really hot, not sure what it's like where you are. Remember to drink plenty of water too....it keeps us healthy and hydrated. If you're not fond of plain water, try adding a slice of lemon or lime, both quite acceptable, to jazz things up a bit.

Wolfie :wave: