PDA

View Full Version : The Betty - Shake recipe just for you!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lisaf
Fri, Jun-07-02, 14:37
Hi Betty...I usually have any kind of variation on the following:

1 serving of soy protein - vanilla or chocolate (make sure its lo-carb!)
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup table cream (not whipping...gets too foamy in the blender)
1/4 cup whole cottage cheese or ricotta or yogurt
1/4 cup blueberries or strawberries
A bit of Splenda of fruit isn't sweet
1 tsp vanilla extract
Ice

Lisa

TheBetty
Sat, Jun-08-02, 17:10
Thanks Lisa! I'm gonna get me some of the soy protein powder soon and make me up a meal in a glass! I'll let you know how it comes together. :)

--Betty

Suni
Tue, Jul-09-02, 16:15
Is this a meal replacement or is it a snack - where does this fit into the diet day?

TheBetty
Wed, Jul-10-02, 13:52
Hi Suni,

I like to use it as a snack only. It's a protein packed snack, and I sometimes add a few berries to it for the carbs.

I make mine with whole cream, a little water, 2 scoops of powder and some ice and that's it. I don't like a bunch of other stuff in it, I have found. The plain flavor is kind of nice once in a while.

I am planning on trying it with herbal tea. I have some tea that tastes like English Toffee (has a little carbs in it, too, made by Celestial Seasonings). I will make the tea ahead of time and let it cool in the fridge til ice cold. Then blend with powder and cream and some ice--should be good!

I never use it as a meal, I need something of greater substance or I get the squirts the next day. Sorry to be so gross. :lol:

I need to eat 3 solid meals a day, the snacks can be whatever, but NO powder MEALS for this fat chick, only as a snack.

Hope this helps. --Betty