PDA

View Full Version : What kind of reactions are you getting?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Doodle
Tue, Jun-04-02, 08:17
I haven't told very many people what I am doing... if they notice I tell them, and most of them stare at me open mouthed, chewed up carbs spilling out... ;)
What are your experiences?
Doods.

joe burns
Tue, Jun-04-02, 13:08
Doods

I have found it is easier not to tell anyone .
If someone asks or notices that i have lost weight then i start to explain what i am doing ,but not in much detail.
People cannot grasp that you dont eat bread or spuds ,especally in Ireland.And if i am out and i am with someone that knows i am dieting they cannot understand why i will have a big fry up.
When i visit my parents my mother still puts up lots of cakes and biscuits she still cannot work it out .

Joe :roll:

clodagh
Wed, Jun-05-02, 09:15
Hi all

My soon to be Father in law is totally bemused by my diet. To him, vegetables are carrots and parsnips mashed...nothing else. And of course those vegetables are not much good to me!

And then when I eat a fry for breakfast, he is totally flummoxed!!!

I'm like you Joe, I don't tell anyone really. I just say I am eating a wholefood diet ( which is true). and then I tell them how much weight I've lost and well I feel.
Usually they want me to give them the plan!

I was in Bewleys for breakfast recently and was having a fry. The chef automatically put toast on the plate and was very surprised when I said No, I didn't want it.

Clo