PDA

View Full Version : [BFL] Question for Marlaine

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dbackdeb
Tue, Jun-04-02, 07:55
I am having trouble in trying to plan my 6 small meals a day.
You sound like you are doing great with the BFL! I have just started, and I feel great so far, but if you could give me a few suggestions for my meals it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks so much, Debra

TeriDoodle
Tue, Jun-04-02, 08:15
I'm not Marlaine.... she's a lot prettier than I am.....skinnier, too ;-) But I just wanted to share one of my high protein snacks with you that I'm suddenly addicted to! I take about 4 strawberries and quarter them, throw them into about 1/2 c of cottage cheese (NOT low-fat!) and then sprinkle a packet of splenda in....mix it all up together and YUMMY!!! :yum: That's good for about 13g of protein, but also about 9 carbs. I eat about 40g/day so this is okay for me. I like to eat this for my mid-morning and evening snack.

Natrushka
Tue, Jun-04-02, 09:49
Deb, if you scroll through Marlaine's Journal you'll see that she has painstakingly recorded all her meals since she started LCing - you should get many ideas there.

HTH
Nat

dbackdeb
Tue, Jun-04-02, 13:41
Thank you Terridoddle and Natruska. That treat with the cottage cheese sounds delich! I will scroll through her journal also. Debra

Marlaine
Thu, Jun-06-02, 09:47
Originally posted by dbackdeb
if you could give me a few suggestions for my meals it would be very much appreciated.

Hi there Deb.....

Sorry it took me a couple of days to find your question. If you want to get my attention...the best place is in my journal. I'm sure to check in there daily!

Nat already gave you an excellent suggestion....peeking in my journal for menus should give you an idea of how I manage my meals.

It's simplified quite a bit by having a protein shake to start and end the day. That means I really only have to come up with four meals beyond that. I have found that I often need to eat a lot more than I want to so I've worked out which foods give me the most protein for the least volume. Chicken breasts are at the top of my list, followed by tuna.

I'm sure that you will get it all worked out and soon it will feel like second nature to you.

Marlaine

dbackdeb
Sat, Jun-08-02, 14:10
Thanks Marlaine for the response. I did peek into your journal, lots of good ideas. Thanks. Debra