PDA

View Full Version : Thread

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

borlisch
Wed, May-02-01, 19:19
Hi

I'm new as of today. Maybe I just have not read everything but what is a thread? Is it an e-mail asking questions etc. Sorry to be so stupid but I am still trying to figure everything out. I enjoy reading about everyone's sucesses, and hoping I will have some to post. I started on Adkins 1 week ago and have lost 5#. I think I am eating 2 many green beans. I really crave veggies, and not the salad kind. Any hints about surviving this would be appreciated. I thought I would crave pasta, but no its sweets and veggies.

Thank you for listening.

tamarian
Wed, May-02-01, 19:36
Hi Borlish, and welcome to our forum.

You have just created a thread. Now each time someone reply to your message/thread they will appear in sequence. This way all messages are grouped by a seperate subject.

Wa'il

borlisch
Wed, May-02-01, 20:19
Thank you for helping me. This is starting to make sense. I am enjoying looking through everything.

Have a great evening.

Borlisch

tamarian
Wed, May-02-01, 20:22
Oops, sorry for my bad spelling of your name :)

Wa'il

r.mines
Wed, May-02-01, 22:34
Hi, Borlisch. I'm not much of a salad eater either; never have been, really. But there are plenty of other veggies you can have on Induction. Basically, all green veggies are OK - they don't have to be leafy. No white veggies except cauliflower, and no carrots or tomatoes (maybe just a slice or two). Good low-carb veggies are cabbage, celery (you can cook it; I like it wokked), mushrooms, cauliflower, zuchinni, brocolli, radishes (you can cook these too, OK, I know they're not green), spinach, bean sprouts....oh, and you can cook lettuce, did you know? I like it wokked....I've been known to wok leftover salad!

Speaking of which, two of the lowest-carb veggies I've come across are Chinese cabbage (sui choy) and another Chinese veggie that looks a bit like celery (bok choy). Sui choy is about 1 carb/cup uncooked. It's yummy wokked or steamed lightly with a little sesame oil sprinkled over. A mild taste not unlike brocolli. And you can eat LOTS.

Hope this helps!
Rachel

borlisch
Thu, May-03-01, 07:55
Rachel

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I like to wok also. We can get Chinese cabbage here in Mo.
St. Louis carries a lot of shops that carry foods we can not get around here.

WEll best get back to work.

Have a great day.

Barb:p

r.mines
Thu, May-03-01, 11:39
Yer welcome, ma'am!

Rachel