PDA

View Full Version : pain

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ohara
Sun, Jun-02-02, 16:33
:mad: Has anyone had severe pain with their periods after starting their exercise program? This is the third period I'v had since starting this program. It is nice to be regular again....... :confused: (I keep telling myself it is anyway!) I have not cheated on this woe but I have only been exercising for about three weeks. Just wondering if it has affected anyone else this way. I spent the weekend in bed and thought I may have to go to the hospital yesturday. Instead I tuffed it out and slept.
Ohara :(

JemsMom
Sun, Jun-02-02, 18:41
I have always had pain with my periods, except for a brief while after I had my kids.

I have a small fibroid which causes the pain and heavy bleeding. Every year we check it on the ultrasound and it hasn't changed.

But, if your pain increased after exercising do you think you pulled a muscle? I've done that around my hip area. Thought I had an ovarian cyst it hurt so bad.

Hope you are feeling better.

-Deborah

lisaf
Mon, Jun-03-02, 05:42
Hi Ohara -

Hmmm...I haven't had increased pain but my TOM seems different? Had a bad day of bloating and cramping. I could be that after 2-3 months of low-carbing your hormones are affecting you differently.

Could be hormonal changes, could also be something like a fibroid,cyst or other. I would say if you continue to have pain that severe you should check with a doctor to rule these out.

Lisa

ohara
Mon, Jun-03-02, 08:54
Thanks Jemsmom and Lisa for your help.
Today I feel good! I'm hoping it's exercise and changes. If it's at all like that next month I won't have a choice but to visit doc :(
I'v had pain before (nothing like that!!) and it is common for me on my first day or two but this was different. I had an ultra sound last year and everything then looked fine. :confused: Who knows...
Have a great week, and thanks!
Ohara

clodagh
Wed, Jun-05-02, 02:48
I just wanted to say that I too have noticed differences in my periods since I started low carbing.

the last 2 periods have been more painful and heavier than before. For both I had one day of feeling lousy, tired and bloated.

I put this down to the effect on my hormones by the diet. As I have PCOS, I am really rather pleased about these chages because I think it means that the diet is having an effect on my hormones which augers well for me getting back a normal cycle.

Clodagh

ohara
Wed, Jun-05-02, 08:48
Hi Clodagh,
I too feel this might all be positive. Hormonal changes with progesterone, low carbing just getting the house in order!!
According to Dr. Lee it can take up to 4-6 months to finish order. Everything else has been positive so far. This is my third month of progestreone second month of lowcarbing and first month of exercise. My moods, period and cravings changed right away with progesterone. Everything just keeps improving. I only weigh every Saturday and skipprd last week so I'll find out in a couple of days! :eek: or :D
take care,
Ohara

TheBetty
Thu, Jun-06-02, 18:30
Hi,

It was only a few weeks after I started SP-ing when my Aunt Flo finally came back to visit me after months of absence. Needless to say, I was thrilled to have her back (I think!). :lol:

It's now been 3 months that I've had mostly regular visits (BTW, for those who don't get it, Aunt Flo is my period), with each month getting closer to my old 28-day cycle. This past time, I was only 32 days apart, which I consider to be normal!

I want to tell you, the first 2 periods I had after being on SP were slightly more crampy than normal. And the first month was very heavy flo, but I had not had a period in months.

Years ago, I used to be able to tell when I was ovulating b/c I could feel the egg pulling from one side of my pelvis (doc told me this was NORMAL, many women can feel this, nothing to worry about). Then, for years, I started not feeling it as I got fatter and fatter, then my periods began to show up late, then I would not have them for months at a time.

Now, I am getting back to normal! I can fell when I'm ovulating again now! My period lasts about 3 days, just like normal for me. But the first month after starting SP, my period was about 5 days, then the next month, just about 4 days, and the past month, I was normal for me!

I want you to see that you are moving in the right direction. My moods have really evened out, but I still get a little testy the week before Aunt Flo comes, not to mention that I tend to be a little on the hungry side.

Wishing you all well! --Betty

(edited for typo and to add sentence for clarity)

ohara
Thu, Jun-06-02, 20:21
Thanks Betty for all your information. It's important during cramping time that we remind ourselves this is healing!! :rolleyes: Keep me posted.
Thanks,
Ohara