PDA

View Full Version : Anyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Darlene55
Sun, Jun-02-02, 11:46
Hello everyone,
I am writing to see if anyone out there would like to write to me and become a buddy who has over 100 pounds to lose?
I really need to lose 150 pounds and it seems like a very slow process for me. I have been LC since January 2002 and have lost like 25 pounds. I thought I would lose a lot more by now and it is so depressing for me. If anyone is experiencing the same thing I would love to know.
I will not give up even though the thought has crossed my mind! I just will not give up cuz this is working for me and I do feel so much more better. I just would like to know what others have been experiencing and if anyone could help.
Thank U all so very much!

Darlene :wave:

techjeff
Sun, Jun-02-02, 14:33
The worst thing you can do is quit. The depression can be worked on with other techniques. Whatever you do please don't give up. I gave up after a few moths 2 years ago and now have an extra 40 pounds to lose. If I would have stuck with it I would have been at my goal weight and able to go to the pool today without being laughed at... Don't give up! You will be even more depressed down the road if you do...

DWRolfe
Sun, Jun-02-02, 15:43
Please don't give up...

...this forum is full of people who lose slowly...but the importnt thing is that you're losing.

Stop for a minute and think about how much bigger and uncomfrtable you would be today if you had not started LCing in January.

I know it's tough because you had expectations...

...but you have lost weight and this means you're doing some things right.

If you really want to find out what might be behind the rate of loss you're experiencing, you'll find information in many journals and the Turtle Club, just to name a couple of sources...plus, starting a journal would help others evaluate your menus...

Honestly answer this...DO YOU FEEL BETTER TODAY THAN YOU DID IN JANUARY WHEN YOU STARTED?

Donald :wave:

Darlene55
Sun, Jun-02-02, 18:45
Just wanted to say thanks for your reply. And believe me I have NO plans on giving up ever! I have come to far to turn back now!
And I am pushing onward every new day! Thanks again!
And also Good Luck to U! :wave: Darlene

Darlene55
Sun, Jun-02-02, 18:55
i wanted to say thanks for your reply. All U said is so true! And YES I do feel so much better! I am a dabetic also so my Blood sugar numbers are normal for the past few months for the first time in years! So just that to me is worth LC forever! I will not give up and I am finding out all the time that this is a great place to be!
And by the way congratulations on your wonderful weight loss! I know U will lose all U want! And U look fantastic I may add!

Thanks again!
Darlene :wave:

In_Control
Sun, Jun-02-02, 20:47
I just want to add some encouragement because your first entry touched me since I've had the same feelings of frustration and yet...determination. It's truly hard to be so committed and not see the scale dial go down. Sometimes I think, gosh, I've pushed so hard physically, and I ate all the right things...surely the scales will go down tomorrow!

Even though the scales don't go down as quickly as we'd like, it does feel good just knowing, we are in control and that we are on our way. It's a much better feeling than giving up, or not trying at all.

Traveller
Mon, Jun-03-02, 05:12
Hello! I got this site from a friend when I stalled for a few weeks.
www.low-carb.co.uk/noninstantthin.htm
This is a long journey sometimes sad when you don't lose and then so happy when one lb is gone or 1" This is a way of eating for life if we want to reach our goals and I see many people here who do. Take care and if you like to write to me my address is lmaki~bmts.com :wave:

Victoria
Tue, Jun-11-02, 08:05
Traveller,
I clicked on the link you showed and really found it encouraging. So our fat cells are losing volume and compensating by adding water to fill in to keep the volume in the cells. I knew there was a reason for my slow and steady loss. It can be discouraging, but I know that I'm a whole lot healthier with this WOE than before. I know it takes time to heal my body of the long starvation I had been living by eating lots of empty carbs and starving it by not giving it enough protein. It's good to know whats happening at the cellular level....and not to look at this as a diet, but reparation and healing.

Darlene,
Don't be discouraged. Twenty five pounds since January is a healthy loss. I know when you have so much to lose it seems like it's not fast enough. But it takes time to get it off. Each day you are closer to your goal. So just keep plugging away and know that you are healing your body along the way. ;) Victoria