PDA

View Full Version : Success Story at 87

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JEY100
Fri, Aug-01-14, 11:49
Mark Sisson at Primal Blueprint just posted a Success Story written by a lovely 87 year old. Check out her photos and 90 pound weight loss!
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/at-87-years-old-for-the-first-time-in-my-life-i-feel-beautiful-both-inside-and-out/#more-51338

SunnyDinCA
Fri, Aug-01-14, 12:16
Well that just made me feel all warm and fuzzy all over. It just goes to show you that its never too late.

Thank you for sharing Janet ^_^

JAnn
Fri, Aug-01-14, 13:19
What a wonderful story! Thanks for the link. As a 67 year old I find it very encouraging.

Merpig
Fri, Aug-01-14, 18:17
What a great story. I lost my dad shortly before he turned 82 - he was a diabetic who never met a carb he didn't love, and subsisted on Dunkin Donuts, take-out pizza, frozen lasagna - but also used "fat-free" half-and-half (ugh), and margarine on white toast, and instant sweetened oatmeal packets ...

Anyway, he would be a year younger than Faye if he were still with us. I loved my dad and still miss him every single day even though he's been gone 4 1/2 years, and I often think if I could only have gotten him to change eating habits be might still be here - but I would try when I would visit him, and we would eat well for a week, but as soon as I left he always went right back to his old ways.

I'm so happy for Faye!

pazia
Sat, Aug-02-14, 14:19
I read that yesterday too, so inspiring, I'm glad you posted it here! I sometimes feel I wasted my "best years" in the valley of the shadow of obesity . . . that article really gave me a boost thinking of what is yet to come if I stay on this path.

My mom is 82 and doing well but her eating habits get crummier and crummier. She used to be a wonderful creative cook and just doesn't want to deal with it anymore so she goes for whatever is easy/convenient, which unfortunately is usually processed and carby.

Oldbird
Tue, Oct-21-14, 15:57
Thank you Jay100, from this 81 year old who hopes one day, to feel beautiful too.