PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and Gentlemen over 60 New Thread

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Pages : [1] 2

jmh6251
Wed, Jul-23-14, 08:06
I decided since our moderator thought we should have a new thread, that I would start it. I really enjoy this thread, because we can deal with things that younger people wouldn't necessarily. We can admit when our joints hurt, or we just don't feel good. There are days that are worse then others for us. We can admit when we have gone off plan a little and get support. So I hope we continue. Hope you start feeling better N2L. That really sucks being tired all the time. I have days when I can't shake the pain and the tiredness either. The trouble with the grocery stores of today is that they are so big. When you are getting up in years a little, it gets overwhelming. I agree that it is hard to stay on track when you are faced with all kinds of nummy food. I have such a carb tooth that it takes all my willpower to stay on track sometimes. I hope everyone has a fabulous day :wave: :)

Chanteyl
Wed, Jul-23-14, 11:45
New place.

I have had a tension headache all night and day, on and off. Extreme pain. I wasn't able to do anything today.

jmh6251
Wed, Jul-23-14, 14:46
Well lets hope it lets up soon. That is really miserable. Last couple of days, especially Sunday and Monday I had face pain. Short intense stabbing pain. It let up finally on Tuesday so I sympathize with you.

bugujo
Wed, Jul-23-14, 20:29
I am back from vacation as of a few hours ago. I will catch up on posts tomorrow.

Chanteyl
Thu, Jul-24-14, 11:40
Welcome home Bug. Hope you had a nice time.

I think I need to start sleeping better. I sleep in the daytime and I'm awake all night. Don't know how to get out of this cycle.

Chanteyl
Fri, Jul-25-14, 09:46
I would like to start doing a little exercise, like very small walks or something. My hip hurts when I walk. My DM had hip replacement surgery and I think I may need it too. Once she had the surgery she was never able to walk right again.

Swimming might be a good exercise if it was higher temps outside. Maybe I should check out exercise for invalids.

jmh6251
Fri, Jul-25-14, 10:16
Welcome home Bugujo!!!!! I drink Ginger tea and it helps the pain a little, along with tumeric. I'm a big sissy and I avoid surgery if I can. My DH got his knee replaced and contracted Mersa. I always remember that, it probably doesn't make sense, but I was the one who had to infuse him with antibiotics 3 times a day. So it scared me off of ever having the procedure done myself. Feel better soon

bugujo
Fri, Jul-25-14, 12:51
Thanks guys. It was an awesome, but tiring vacation. We went to TX and enjoyed time with my son. We ventured to Austin, San Antonio (spent the night) and to Galveston on the way home. We stayed a night in Shreveport, LA just to say we were there LOL and on to northern AR before home.

I wasn't 100% on plan and on traveling days it was difficult to get in my minimum 11,000 steps. But, there were 3 days on the vacation that I was over 20,000 steps, whew.

Thankfully, I didn't gain. I stayed the same.

jmh6251
Sat, Jul-26-14, 09:56
So glad you had a good time. It's hard to stay on plan when you are travelling. You'll get right back on track now that you are home. We have another picnic to go to today, I plan on filling up before hand and just visiting. My GC are staying over today, so that should be fun. I have to help my big kid grocery shop. I keep on threatening to start using coupons, I think starting with the Sunday Paper there won't be a better time to start. Have a great day

myrt4930
Tue, Jul-29-14, 18:05
Jmh--Filling up before a picnic is a great idea. I really need to think more "socially" at a get together and before hand instead of ...I wonder what they'll have to eat!! Guess it just takes practice.
My family doc said to go off the Adderall cold turkey today because I've been feeling weird lately like my electrolytes are off and my heart wants to palpitate. I hope I don't gain this weight back. I saw the rheumy yesterday in San Antonio but I felt different yesterday. I wish we didn't have to take any medicine at all. This morning I weighed 151.2# and I hope and pray I can keep it off. I rode the bike this morning at the gym and that was fun. Tomorrow I'll go in the pool.
N2L--I hope you're feeling better soon. And what on earth happened to Jane??? Does anyone know???
Bug---So glad you had a nice vacation down here. Most people won't venture down this time of year because of the heat. And your weight loss is just terrific!!!
myrt

bugujo
Wed, Jul-30-14, 13:26
murt, I don't have a choice as to when I can take vacation. I teach at a community college so it has to be on the breaks.

jmh6251
Thu, Jul-31-14, 17:06
Well good afternoon, It happens to be Thursday. Haven't been doing much this week. Nothing exciting to report. The picnic went well on Saturday. I filled up beforehand and just ate a hotdog and a hamburger patty and some cheese at the picnic. Of course people got wondering about me. I guess that is to be expected. One lady kept on trying to get me to eat a piece of cake she brought. I told her if I did that I would break out in hives. LOL Had a nice visit with friends though. I then helped my DGS with his grocery shopping, and he needed work boots. My DGC spent the night Saturday night and I took them home Sunday morning. Been battling cravings last couple of days. So far I haven't caved in. Hope everyone has a great day

bugujo
Fri, Aug-01-14, 15:15
jmh, nice job at not caving in. I like your response about breaking out in hives.

I continue to get compliments now that people are noticing. Three so far :)

eljohnw
Sat, Aug-02-14, 10:45
About the cravings jmh. I make Dana Carpenters fatbombs and store the in my freezer. One of those suckers and the cravings are gone.
About the hives, it is a good answer. I tell people I am gluten intolerant and get away with not eating most of the starches.

bugujo
Sat, Aug-02-14, 16:17
eljohnw please share Dana's fat bomb recipe.

eljohnw
Sun, Aug-03-14, 06:54
My take of Dana' s fatbombs.
1/4 cup of butter melted
1/4 cup of coconut oil melted
1/4 cup of almond butter or peanut butter
1 tbs unsweetened cocoa
40 drops of stevia or equivalent of artificial sweeteners
Mix all ingredients until smooth, pour into mini cupcake paper ( I buy mine at Walmart) put in the freezer for 20 minutes. Enjoy. It comes out to about 10 fat bombs. Need to be stored in the freezer at all time. Melts in you hands as well as in you mouth.
One out of ten pieces has 130 Calories , 2 Carbs, 1 Fiber, 1 net carb, 1 Protein, 14 g fat

alto
Sun, Aug-03-14, 08:56
May I join you? I was a young 50-something when I joined this board 13 years ago, have started and restarted, lost and regained, and intend to work hard to get good LC habits this August before school starts again in the fall. (Summer session just ended, so I have three weeks free. I always try to restart when I have some free time. I hope it works this time!)

I live in the Washington, DC area, single, no children, no pets. I have no excuses!

jmh6251
Sun, Aug-03-14, 10:59
Welcome eljohnw and alto we always love new people. Thankyou for contributing the recipe for the fat bomb eljohn it sounds delicious. Don't get discouraged about your weightloss attempts alto. We've all been there. I have been on and off this lowcarb since 2000. So I for one am not in a position to criticize anyone else. All any of us can do is our best. I hope you have success in your weightloss goals.

bugujo
Sun, Aug-03-14, 13:06
eljohnw, thanks for the recipe. It sounds like something that would cure the sweet tooth.

Welcome alto. I lost 65 lbs doing LC in 2008 and like any other time I lost weight, it eventually came back plus some. So, here I am again. Except, I am here illegally LOL. I am 54 but they welcomed me with open arms.

eljohnw
Sun, Aug-03-14, 18:09
Thanks for welcome me. I am 66 years old and have been overweight for the last 22 years. I tried every diet I can think of ,but stress and a sweet tooth made me gain it back again and again. I retired from a stressful nursing job a few month ago. I have decided that loosing the weight will be my new project. So here I am. I don't care how long it will take because now I have all the time in the world. I will need all the support I can get. Thanks again Ellen

bugujo
Sun, Aug-03-14, 18:14
Now we know your name Ellen :) I am a nurse also. I have been teaching Fundamentals and a skills course for 12 years now at a community college. But, this semester I am going to teach OB and PEDS. I was a labor and delivery nurse and had also worked in a high risk pregnancy unit in my staff nursing days. It is nice to get back to my "roots" and specialty.

eljohnw
Sun, Aug-03-14, 18:35
Vicki, I was a midwife in Europe for 25 years. When I came to the US my diploma was not recognized. So I did nursing school over. My first job as an L&D nurse i got paid as a new grad but was expected to show my 25 years experience, I did not stay long at that place. After that I work at nice place Weekends and nights. I am glad I am retired now. The stress was getting to me

jmh6251
Mon, Aug-04-14, 08:09
Well my job wasn't quite as specialized. I am a retired Home Health Care Provider. The job was getting to me after nearly 30 years. I do have the satisfaction that I prolonged the advent of people going to a Nursing Home. They thrive better in their own environment. But like your job, it was getting too stressful with all the new laws in place and everything a person has to remember. What was ok a few years ago is no longer allowed. But it is a much needed service. We all need support for our weightloss, I have been battling the same 45 pounds for the last 16 years. :) :cool:

Judy

bugujo
Mon, Aug-04-14, 17:13
ellen and Judy, so nice to have other fellow nurses. It is too bad that your experience and license didn't work here in the states Ellen.

You are both right, it is a rewarding career and very tiring physically. Previously, as an instructor, I took students to a 25 bed surgical floor and I ran my rear end off. The OB unit will be smaller so it will be interesting to see how many steps I get in a day. I didn't have the fitbit before when I was on the Med Surg floor, so I won't have anything to compare it to.

eljohnw
Mon, Aug-04-14, 18:14
I can't even imagine supervising 25 students on a med- surg floor. I don't think I could work anywhere else then L& D. I always said that I am a bad nurse because I don't like sick people. OB is the only unit I enjoyed. Where else can you tell someone that the pain is normal because they are having a baby.

myrt4930
Mon, Aug-04-14, 19:40
Oh you guys---I admire anyone that can be a nurse. I'm the oldest on this thread as far as I know and I'll soon be 74 (Aug. 16th). I sure feel better after the parathyroid surgery on June 3rd. The worst part about the whole thing was the hospital bed. I have a lot less pain than I used to. It seems like the last 2 months before the surgery were getting unbearable for me and my husband...one of the symptoms is being bitchy!!!
Went to the pool today and just took it easy going back and forth for 1/2 hour. Twas fun.
We're hoping to take a short trip in the RV soon. W (husband) is working on getting all the systems serviced and I need to make lining for the curtains I made last year. The cotton was too thin and didn't keep enough light out and a person could see through them if they tried and we have venetian blinds, also.
How are you doing, N2L? I've been missing you among others. love and hugs, myrt

bugujo
Tue, Aug-05-14, 15:37
Myrt, so glad you had a positive experience in the hospital. Have fun RVing. I don't have the self confidence to get into a swim suit yet.

Ellen, thankfully, 24 students aren't on the floor at the same time LOL We have a ration of 8 students to one faculty. 8 is bad enough!

I WENT SHOPPING TODAY . . . in my spare closet. :lol: You know, the boxes that have smaller clothes. I got rid of the 2X and 22W and am now in XL and 18 W. :clap: I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe.

eljohnw
Tue, Aug-05-14, 18:19
Vicki I do the same thing, I have a least 5 sizes in our spare bedroom's closet. The only thing I do different this time is that the bigger clothes are going to the thrift store right away.

bugujo
Tue, Aug-05-14, 18:27
ellen, I am debating. I am hoping never to see that size again. But, I said that before and had to rebuy clothes as I got bigger. Oh well. My mother is going to try some of the tops I am getting rid off because she is large chested. She wouldn't be able to wear the pants though.

jmh6251
Tue, Aug-05-14, 22:36
I am always so paranoid about getting rid of my bigger sizes. I have had to buy new big clothes so many times. I think I will store them in the other closet. Congratulations Vicki on getting to a smaller size. Hopefully your Mom will be able to wear some of those tops. I'm glad your surgeries went well Myrt, hope you get to feeling even better. Swimming is a good exercise.

Judy

myrt4930
Thu, Aug-07-14, 15:58
I had one "baddy" today which is 9 carbs. I celebrated my gain at WW with a smaller treat than usual, har har!!
I went to the pool today and did a little bit of the tail end of an aerobics class and then I swam what I wanted. 'Twas fun.
After WW, which meets at a church, I went to the church library to see if they have any books in the series that I'm currently reading but they didn't. That might be a good place to donate some of my used books as I have several books by Lorraine Snelling about North Dakota and there were only a few that. It's bad when you live in an RV and have almost more books than the church library!! Could free up some storage space and if I want to read them again the books will be there to check out. hmmm interesting idea.
We got a refund of over payment of a bill today. I want to spend it on dinner out...I know it needs to go to bills but I'm spoiled...myrt

bugujo
Thu, Aug-07-14, 17:30
Myrt, do you live in the RV year round? How big is it? I am a reader too. I recently got into Christian novels, but I also like non-fiction, biography's and murder mystery's that aren't too graphic. Unfortunately, I only find the time to read before bed, and I usually only get 2-3 chapters in before I fall asleep. Takes kind of a long time to read then.

jmh6251
Fri, Aug-08-14, 10:36
Hi to everyone, Well not much happening this week to report on. Tomorrow is another blasted picnic. I'm getting a little tired of picnics. I will be bringing my own food, and filling up before hand. I think my better half is trying to sabotage me and (It won't work.) I haven't had breakfast yet, can't decide what to fix. I have to start expanding my menu options because I am getting in a rut. LOL I am also an avid reader. I love murder mysteries and who dunnits. I get my books from the thrift store because even though they are not new, they are to me if i haven't read them before. I did my power walk up the hill this morning. it's getting easier. Hope everyone has a great day.

Judy

bugujo
Fri, Aug-08-14, 15:00
Yea Judy on the hill power walking. Tired of picnics? Do you mean there hardly isn't anything for you to eat on plan and that is why you need to keep taking your own food?

I know eating out now isn't what it used to be. I seem to default to salads which isn't too exciting since I make them at home anyways. Therefore, I hardly suggest that we go out to eat.

eljohnw
Fri, Aug-08-14, 16:10
I have a dilemma I am dealing with right now. I have a friend.We have know each other over 10 years and got along really well. She 13 years younger the me. She is in the process of doing a personal trainer certification in Pilate's. 4 weeks ago she asked me if I would be her students and I agreed. The studio where she trains has a very young, hip, skinny thirtysome clientele. I stick out like a sore thumb. Her other students are all young and have done Pilate's for several years.
Today she sent me a text telling me " I should seek out an other trainer who is more specialized in obese older women because she does not want to waste her time to pamper and doing adult care." I was very hurt by those insensitive remark and sent her a text back that we should stop the sessions and that I don't fit in anyway. The next text from her said that I should find a therapist to help me with my self-esteem issues. I did not respond but I am thinking about cutting all contact with her. With friends like this who needs enemies.
I would like some input about this.What would you do?

bugujo
Fri, Aug-08-14, 19:44
Sending texts back and forth may alter the true meaning of the message. Try talking to her and tell her your feelings. It may be that you do end your relationship with her but at least you communicated on a better level.

jmh6251
Sat, Aug-09-14, 08:41
Well we seem to be having more then our share of picnics. And of course you have your share of high carb food. It wouldn't be so bad if people would leave me alone about it, but you have your evangelist that have to get in your business and tell you how you are killing yourself. I don't understand why they are so interested in what someone else puts on their plate. Well that is my complaint for the day. I think I will bring a low carb dessert, of course I won't tell anyone it is low carb and see how many people try it. I agree with Vicki. It would be better to have a talk with your friend. It seems she is being mean and insensitive, if that is so then maybe you will have to re evaluate your relationship with her. You won't know for sure unless you have a heart to heart with her.

eljohnw
Sat, Aug-09-14, 10:04
Thanks guys, I think I will wait several day to talk to her. Now I am still to hurt and angry and I am afraid I will say something that I will regret later.
About people telling you that you are killing yourself with all that fat. One of another friend husband told me the same thing while eating boxed mac and cheese. He weights 300+ lbs, is sedentary and proclaims to everyone who listens that a HF diet is toxic. I gave him tons of references but he keeps arguing that all that is BS. I have decided to let him die stupid.

bugujo
Sat, Aug-09-14, 12:40
Ellen, WTG with waiting while the feelings level out. That way when you do talk to her, you can say how you felt without the pent up emotions that go along with that.

We are having some friends over for supper, they are the couple that stood up for us at our wedding, and here is what I am serving: Paleo Jalapeno Chicken Burgers (Pinterest), Sunshine Broccoli Salad (LC) Dana Carpenders Low Carb Cookbook, and Better Than Mashed Potatoes (Wheat Belly cookbook). I did all of the prep work this morning and it took me around 2-3 hours LOL. I still need to run to the store to get a couple of more ingredients for the burgers. She is bringing a dessert and I suspect it will be something I can't eat LOL. oh well.

Afterwards we are going to watch God's Not Dead.

Have a good one everyone.

jmh6251
Mon, Aug-11-14, 09:20
It sounds like you are going to have a delicious dinner. I hope you had a wonderful time. The picnic wasn't bad. Nobody said a word to me about what I had on my plate. My lc dessert was a hit. So I guess I freaked for no good reason. It's supposed to be hot today. I don't do well with the heat, wish me luck

bugujo
Mon, Aug-11-14, 17:51
Today I went to my gyne for annual appt. and of course they have to weigh you. I was 225.4 yipee. It would be interesting to see how that would compare to the scale here but I didn't have time to check.

Dinner was ok, she brought blueberry preserves with tons of sugar on top of SF ice cream. I had a tsp of the preserves and about a TBS of ice cream. She also brought blueberry cobbler.

eljohnw
Mon, Aug-11-14, 19:14
We are invited for dinner on Wednesday. I told my friend that I do LCHF when she invited me. We will have a low country boil ( different seafood in a big pot with corn on the cob cook in a broth). It is delicious and perfect for my diet. I will bring a low carb cheesecake and blueberries sauce. It will be a very good evening and I don't have to worry about my diet.

bugujo
Wed, Aug-13-14, 17:03
Sounds like you have a plan Ellen. The country boil sounds good too.

myrt4930
Thu, Aug-14-14, 19:59
eljohn---what your friend said was so hateful that I wouldn't want her in my life. At least that's what I'd do. I would join another gym or spa where all sizes and ages are present and I'm welcome. OR where it's all middle age and up...whatever you're comfortable with. They should have been glad you were at that Pilates place and not face first in the fridge at home feeling sorry for yourself....like you were trying your best, right?
I went to the pool today and exercised gently for 30 mins and got out. Tomorrow I'm getting a massage and Saturday is my birthday. Yippeee!!! myrt

never2late
Thu, Aug-14-14, 23:28
Hello dear friends,
Enjoyed the trip to Lake Keowee.
Fished, swam, went for boat ride, took out the jet skies and enjoyed being with family.
Have a lovely sunburn, cheaper than a face peel.
I ate fish, fish, and more fish.
Sounds like everyone is doing a great job.
N2L

bugujo
Fri, Aug-15-14, 18:26
I bought the Wheat Belly cook book at Goodwill this summer and last night I made the "fried" rice recipe, aka caulirice. Man was that good. We had that along with thin boneless porkchops. I like how thin they were because I can eat two and it looks like I am getting more.

In fact, I had one of the two pork chops and more of the caulirice for breakfast. I know, sounds weird. I suspected that the lunch at today's orientation was probably not going to be LC friendly, so I wanted to have something substantial. I went armed with a Quest bar. Thank goodness I did. Guess what was on the menu??? Lasagna, bread sticks, cinnamon rolls, rice krispy bars and salad. I did eat some salad and had my Quest bar.

Myrt mentioned going to a gym with all sizes and ages made me think of Curves. Is there a curves in your area Ellen?

eljohnw
Tue, Aug-19-14, 08:55
Vicki and Myrth, I live in a over 55 community and we have 3 fitness clubs available included in our dues. Nobody there is 25 and skinny. I went to the Pilate's studio because my friend is getting her certification there. I am over the situation.
I went last week to do circuit training twice and did 1 hour water walking every day. I think that's enough exercise for me.
Myrth, Happy Birthday I hope you had fun on Saturday

jmh6251
Wed, Aug-20-14, 09:07
I have heard of the wheat belly diet plan. I hear it is supposed to be pretty good. Of course I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in 1994 so wheat and I parted our ways back then. I hope you find some useful tools in the cookbook, I do quite a bit with Cauliflower, and make my noodles with Cabbage. I'm so carb sensitive that I have to keep it really low. I think you did a wonderful job at your luncheon. Good job thinking ahead and bringing alternatives to eat. I'm glad that you were able to make peace with what was said to you Ellen. You have the right attitude. Good for you for not letting it discourage you from trying to get fit. I have to admit, I have been letting my joint pain get the better of me lately. I need to get back out there and walk up that hill. Folks keep telling me not to quit even though it gets uncomfortable. Sometimes though I have been known to let it get the better of me. LOL Happy belated birthday Myrt. Hope you had a wonderful day. Diet is going fine, I have been needing to keep the calories low as well as the carbs because I haven't moved in a while. My body must be settling or something. I know I will never be as thin as i was before i started having kids, but this is ridiculous. LOL

bugujo
Wed, Aug-20-14, 17:07
I have several hard copy LC books around here, Wheat Belly is my newest. I use cauliflower a lot too and will have to try the noodles.

I hope the scale responds to your lower cals and carbs.

jmh6251
Fri, Aug-22-14, 08:23
Thanks Vicki, I know yesterday I was having a hard time managing my appetite. I had a dull headache all day. Hopefully today will be better. I have quite a few LC Cookbooks myself. I have a couple of them I am going to redonate because they simply don't address my needs. Yesterday I did quite well even though I battled my appetite all day. My daughter who has been counting calories and portion controlling her food most of her adult life says it takes a good month to have your appetite settle down. Here is hoping I can persevere, and not cave in. Of course she can because she is used to it. LOL

bugujo
Fri, Aug-22-14, 16:20
jmh, how long have you been at this woe?

myrt4930
Fri, Aug-22-14, 21:54
Aah yes, my birthday was too fun. W treated me like a queen and we went out to eat breakfast and dinner. We went to Cracker Barrel for dinner and I had a green salad. It didn't taste very good to me and was smaller than they used to be but we split a dessert and really enjoyed it. We only order a dessert on a special occasion so it was wonderful and a good time was had by all.
Next week I'm going to Austin to see what I can do with nutrition to help my health. I did this for a year back in 1981 when we were living in the Seattle area and got to feeling really good. Unfortunately we moved and I never got back in the healthy food groove to that extent. We'll see what science has come up with.
We're having our county fair this week end and the pool was closed this morning because of the parade so didn't exercise. I'll make myself go tomorrow. I haven't been in the mood to go the last few days. Have a great week end, myrt

never2late
Fri, Aug-22-14, 22:03
Will be looking forward to a report from you myrt and the nutrition outlook for the future.
Today was my birthday, I had a hot dog, no bun at Sonic with unsweet tea.
Then a scope of ice cream tonight.
So glad that you have W in your life.
Down to 183.4 today.
Hotter than tolerable with high humidity.
Best for me to stay indoors.
N2L

jmh6251
Sat, Aug-23-14, 12:17
Belated Happy Birthday Myrt!!!! It sounds like you are going to have a busy next few weeks. it's always nice to keep busy. Happy Birthday N2L, It's always been our tradition to eat out on Birthdays. It's been hot here too. Congrats on the weight loss.

As for how long I have been LCing. Hmmmm--- I have been actually doing it off and on since 2000. I just have a difficult time with portion control. So I bit the bullet and decided that enough with procrastinating, and have been counting calories. Been hungry mostly, but hopefully that won't take a month to get under control. LOL Have a fabulous day

bugujo
Sat, Aug-23-14, 18:45
Happy Birthday to you two. A splurge once in a while isn't going to kill us. Where in Austin will you be going for this nutrition trip? We were in Austin on vacation in July.

I splurged today, pizza. Oh well, 1700 cals and 150 carbs later I will be back on track tomorrow. I haven't splurged since vacation actually. I actually burned about the same # of cals since I did elliptical and aerobics this a.m. and some walking tonight.

myrt4930
Sat, Aug-23-14, 20:40
I don't know what's wrong with me. I ate too much again today but I did go swimming. Have a good week end. myrt

myrt4930
Sun, Aug-24-14, 09:15
Sunday---We're going over to Austin so I can find out where to go for my appt with the nutrition people on Tuesday. We enjoy day trips. myrt

jmh6251
Sun, Aug-24-14, 17:51
Day trips are fun. Good luck on your nutrition appt Myrt, hope you start feeling better. Hubby and I went to our favorite trail and did a little hiking today. The weather is just beautiful. Had a hamburger patty and fried cabbage for lunch. 2 Hard Boiled Eggs and BPC for breakfast. I'm not sure about dinner yet. Maybe some chicken and a salad. I hope you enjoyed your pizza, I know I love it. Going to try and get a lowcarb Ice Cream recipe on youtube. The Ice Cream at the store has way too many carbs, even Carb Smart. Safeway used to have a brand by the name Watchin Carbs, but I haven't seen it in a while. I'll bet they discontinued it. Well I have been hungry today, am thinking of a broth and butter drink. it'll be hardly any carbs, and I don't think the calories will be that bad

never2late
Sun, Aug-24-14, 23:12
My bad, mentioned ice cream and it triggered cravings.
Had crab legs tonight, no carbs.
Hope this helps the cravings.
N2L

bugujo
Mon, Aug-25-14, 18:38
Yummy crab legs. Plus, they take so much time to break into them that you get fuller faster. At least it seems so.

never2late
Mon, Aug-25-14, 22:30
I think crab legs take more calories and energy to eat than you get from them.
Tonight had baby back ribs with water.
N2L

jmh6251
Tue, Aug-26-14, 08:24
I love Crab Pattys. I bought a box and haven't opened them yet

bugujo
Tue, Aug-26-14, 16:51
I am exhausted. I awoke in the middle of the night to thunderstorms despite the closed windows. I couldn't get back to sleep because my mind was racing. It is the start of the semester and I am teaching new material and going to new floors at the hospital.

eljohnw
Wed, Aug-27-14, 17:45
I know what you mean Vicki. I confess I hated new student day when I was working. Everything was always behind schedule and when there more work then one could handle it was very stressful for everyone. But good luck anyway

bugujo
Wed, Aug-27-14, 18:01
Only two more days of this schedule for this week. Thank goodness for a four day next week. Tomorrow is weigh in day, I will report.

jmh6251
Mon, Sep-01-14, 09:41
Well it looks like our kids are going to start on the 3rd. Where has the summer gone? Been doing pretty well with my eating plan. Going to have Roast and salad for dinner tonight. Had BPC and Cottage Cheese for breakfast. Finally getting my appetite under control. Hope to lose a little by the holiday season. I hope everyone has a good week, and school won't be too stressful Vicki. It has to be a nightmare for instructors.

bugujo
Mon, Sep-01-14, 19:38
I was down 42.2 lbs, yipee. And, school is going ok so far. I love BPC. I just put a tsp of butter and CO in mine along with 1 TBS HWC.

jmh6251
Tue, Sep-02-14, 10:02
Congratulations on your weightloss, I love BPC too. I put P.B. and CO in mine.

bugujo
Tue, Sep-02-14, 18:23
P.B. peanut butter? Never thought of that. Hmmmmm

jmh6251
Tue, Sep-02-14, 21:06
I'm a peanut butter addict (LOL). Tonight we had LC Meatloaf, mashed Cauliflower, and Green Beans. For Dessert we had LC Cheese Cake Mousse. I hope I spelled that right. I haven't weighed myself in a while. I do the clothing test. See how everything fits

bugujo
Wed, Sep-03-14, 17:17
I only weigh once a month. Works for me so far anyways. Weatherman said from sweating to sweaters in 12 hours, YEA.

Your menu sound yummy. I haven't made meatloaf in a long time.

jmh6251
Thu, Sep-04-14, 12:29
I use crushed Pork Rinds instead of breadcrumbs. I also use Walden Farms Catsup.

never2late
Thu, Sep-04-14, 22:23
I use pork rinds for many different dishes.
They are a great substitute.
N2L

jmh6251
Thu, Sep-04-14, 23:40
They are aren't they. Also for coating meat instead of corn flake crumbs

bugujo
Fri, Sep-05-14, 18:45
I tried crushed pork rinds on chicken strips a ways back and thought it was a good replication of KFC.

jmh6251
Sat, Sep-06-14, 19:38
And I have used it on chicken fried steak

never2late
Mon, Sep-08-14, 23:06
I've been enjoying BLT sandwiches using lettuce for the bread and lots of mayo.
Saw in Sunday's newspaper that last year mayo outsold catsup, must be LCHF catching on.
Love my real mayo.
Feeling better last couple days, less pain and it makes such a difference.
Wonder where everyone went, miss Jet, Chantyl, Myrt and the others.
N2L

jmh6251
Wed, Sep-10-14, 08:08
I love breadless sandwiches. BLT's sound delicious. I also do roast beef sandwiches, and ham sandwiches. I don't know where the others went either, hopefully they will post eventually and let us know how they are doing

bugujo
Wed, Sep-10-14, 18:06
I have used leaf lettuce leaves for "sandwich" bread quite often. Love it. Chinese cabbage leaves hold up better though since they are firmer.

jmh6251
Mon, Sep-15-14, 07:58
Good Morning friends. This is hoping that everyone had a good weekend, mine was busy. Been staying on plan except for Friday I caved a little and had more carbs then I should have. But got right back on track, so if I gained anything I should be able to take it right back off. I used to have an all or none attitude, but I have come to realize I slip up every now and again. LOL Today is gonna be just as busy. Have to take DGS shopping for clothes, then at 2:00 PM I have a meeting I need to go to. Keeps life interesting. Hope everyone has a good week

myrt4930
Mon, Sep-15-14, 15:20
I'm still here but chronic fatigue has come back to haunt me. I guess I bring it on myself by pushing too hard. Had too many appts last week and about came unglued. Thursday a new cleaning lady came and brought her daughter. This one is going to work out. She got the shower cleaner than it's ever been and she used vinegar, dawn, and a little bit of water in a bowl and rubbed the surface with a terry cloth rag. Amazing. She even got the glass wall sparkling clean. I spent most of the morning helping a dear old (86) friend look up records from German people who immigrated here back in 1868 and their descendants. They're having a family reunion the middle of October. The library is so old, musty, dark, and depressing and outside the allergy stuff is back already so I'm inside trying to get rid of my headache.
I was scheduled for bladder surgery on 9/25 and just can't face it. I'm going to see about getting the bone spur and bursa sack taken off my hip first. If I can walk better it seems like it will be easier to recover from the bladder surgery.
I've been working on getting my filing caught up and have decided to set aside 1 hour per day, put all the mess away and then get it out the next day. Now I'm making headway. This is some of my mess because I have ADD. Now that I'm on medicine I can follow through and finish a project. Ain't it wonderful??? Food is going sorta OK but haven't lost any of the 5# I gained, myrt

never2late
Mon, Sep-15-14, 20:34
It is a wonderful Monday here.
Perfect temperatures for 3rd day in a row.
I have a little more energy, still late in the day but I'll take it whenever and wherever.
Myrt, I keep canceling procedures I need because I just don't want to deal with them and other health problems.
Once I cancel I feel light a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
jmh, I told my daughter today that I'd rather have energy than be thin.
Some days I just need some carbs.
Am finding that some of them cause my nose to run and will avoid those.
Am still keeping them low.
So life is good today.
N2L

jmh6251
Fri, Sep-19-14, 09:24
Hello friends, well we have finally cooled down a bit. Yesterday was actually pleasant. Sure glad you found a cleaning lady that is going to work out for you Myrt, sometimes that makes all the difference in the world. Good luck on your surgeries. It always feels better when you can get organized. I know what you mean about not wanting to go thru with procedures N2L. I am another one that hates surgery. My hubby had his knees replaced and almost died of Merca. I had to infuse him with the strongest antibiotics available 3 times a day. That was enough to scare me away from going that route. But there are plenty of people that have no problems with it, "Go Figure". I think I must have hit a wall because I haven't lost anything for awhile. This is when I usually get discouraged and quit, so with prayer and divine help (I will Continue.) It is helping my stomach and I haven't had to take medicine for awhile, so I'll focus on that. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend

omablue
Fri, Sep-19-14, 15:14
Hi
I thought I would drop by this thread and say hello. I have been on this forum for a week or so now. New to HFLC. Am hoping it is truly "never too late" as I am 72. Had truly given up thinking about loosing weight until I was convinced to try this. So far so good.

bugujo
Fri, Sep-19-14, 18:59
Welcome oma. No, it is never too late.

We ate a Japanese steak house and I had done some research and ordered sashimi instead of sushi because the sashimi has no rice. Yellowtail (3 pc.). well, 2 pieces total an ounce and I paid 6.95 for that. I also ordered the onion soup and the seaweed salad. Those were good but none was very filling. Those 3 items were around $15 and now I am eating a Quest bar to fill me up. Go figure. we won't be going back.

never2late
Fri, Sep-19-14, 22:33
I have to believe it is never too late to live life fully and healthy, otherwise I'd be giving up.
I'm 71.
My body shape is changing.
I love my children and grandchild to the depths of my heart.
My mother is 92 years old and still going, lives in her own home.
She is my inspiration.
N2L

omablue
Sat, Sep-20-14, 10:01
N2L I saw some of your earlier posts when you were 65. Glad to see you are still posting and working the plan. How wonderful to have your mother still living. Mine has been gone for a long time.

I have a friend who is 100, she lives in California with her daughter and still sends email. I want to be like her when I grow up.

bugujo
Sun, Sep-21-14, 09:07
I have a friend who is 100, she lives in California with her daughter and still sends email. I want to be like her when I grow up.

Love that :lol:

jmh6251
Sun, Sep-21-14, 11:40
Welcome Oma we always enjoy meeting new people. My DGS took me to a buffet all you can eat, which was sweet of him, but it was mostly starch. I did get some chicken and salad. Now the chicken had a sweet sauce on it and I am not sure I want to know how many carbs that entailed. Like Vicki it left me less then satisfied. ,I think it threw me off because the last couple of days I have been hungry and craving everything that I haven't had in a while. Yesterday I even considered throwing the entire plan away. Of course that makes no sense at all, I had a stern talk with myself and pointed out that I would be back at this anyway and all my progress would be gone, and I would be disgusted with myself. LOL So I am back to basics. Trying to combat the cravings that the Chicken left me with. If you think about it, I have tried the other diet so many times and it always leaves me hungry. I know that in my head, but my cravings got in the way. I agree with N2L it is never too late to start making better choices for yourself. I also love my children and grandchildren. I lost both my parents several years ago, and have no siblings so my hubby and kids are my family.

jmh6251
Thu, Sep-25-14, 09:25
Good morning it is Thursday the 25th. Everyone must be busy as nobody has posted in a while. Yesterday was busy as I had to go grocery shopping. We were out of everything. Did 30 mins on the treadmill yesterday, not sure about today as my joints are screaming at me. Was able to lay aside a bunch of tops that hang on me like a sack. That was exciting, it proves that I am losing a little weight anyway. I hope you are feeling better N2L and you too Myrt. Has anybody heard from Chanteyl? I suppose people get busy, but I don't think Chanteyl was feeling well. Everyone have a marvelous day

bugujo
Thu, Sep-25-14, 18:09
Beautiful weather here. I will be weighing in on Sunday, the 28th for my once a month weigh in. I know I will be down of course. People keep commenting about my weight loss too which is encouraging.

never2late
Thu, Sep-25-14, 21:11
Mindless eating.
Didn't know I did it.
Last night I was watching the finale of Big Brother and taking my medications.
I take the gummy vitamins as I have swallowing problems.
I'd gotten interested in what they were saying.
Kept eating those delicious little candies.
Oh wait a minute I don't eat candy.
Oh wait another minute, this isn't candy.
I'd eaten maybe half a bottle without even paying attention.
Now that is mindless eating.
My stomach hasn't liked me today.
My head hasn't liked me today.
Lesson learned.

On Swimming, I absolutely love the water.
It is 20 miles to the nearest pool.
We used to have one right next to our home in Littleton, CO.
I swam 1 hour of laps every night after work while my children has a good time in the pool.
Was in the best shape of my life.
N2L

omablue
Fri, Sep-26-14, 20:42
Beautiful weather here. I will be weighing in on Sunday, the 28th for my once a month weigh in. I know I will be down of course. People keep commenting about my weight loss too which is encouraging.
:thup: :thup: :thup: Way to go Vicki

bugujo
Sat, Sep-27-14, 14:52
N2L, holy cow, OD ing on vitamins. Yikes

bugujo
Sun, Sep-28-14, 07:08
Drum roll please . . . . 206.4 this a.m. See siggy stats I see onderland next month

Getting ready for church then we may go out for lunch to Texas Roadhouse since DH got a gift card for his bday this past week and to an art show.

DH detailed my van yesterday, all day. What a sweetie and needs to clean the carpet and seats today. I washed down the refrig/freezer yesterday, it is so sparkly LOL

omablue
Sun, Sep-28-14, 08:10
:thup: Vickie sounds like a great day, keep going!

Susan

jmh6251
Sun, Sep-28-14, 12:56
Good morning ladies; Congratulations!!!!! on your weightloss Vicki!! I always appreciate it when someone cleans out my car it makes you feel appreciated. Hope you enjoyed your lunch. I realize you already know this N2L, no disrespect intended but, I would be careful with vitamins. I'm not sure what an overdose will do to you. So many things mess up your liver. I always enjoyed swimming, haven't been for many years. My sport was always running, I wouldn't be able to get away from a perpetrator if my life depended on it anymore, but I still walk.

never2late
Mon, Sep-29-14, 03:05
Vickie, Nice going girl.
You will see Onederland at your next weigh in!
jmh6251, thank you for the reminder.
I do know that ODing on vitamins can be dangerous.
I spent some time after my binge trying to find out just what I'd done to my body.
All that I read said if the gummies didn't have iron it should be alright.
That said, I don't plan to do it again that is for sure.
Susan, so glad to see you posting.
I'm concerned about Jet and all the rain in Phoenix.
Wish she would post again to let us know she is o.k.
Had a chicken salad today and 1/4 apple with unsweet tea.
97% humidity here today.
I have the softest skin today as a result.
N2L

jmh6251
Mon, Sep-29-14, 08:16
Chicken salad sounds yummy, I haven't had it for awhile. Today is probably going to be another busy day. Have to take DGS to do his shopping, probably bring him back with me. I need to go to my women's bible study at 2:00. Food is going pretty well, been staying on track all weekend. Friday I ate more then I should have. I've accepted the fact that some days are going to be like that. I will jump on the treadmill here shortly and try to get in 30 minutes

never2late
Wed, Oct-08-14, 01:24
What an amazing storm we've had for the past couple days.
Lots of rain, much needed.
Continuous thunder, never have heard thunder that just went on and on for a couple days.
There was lightning with it and some lost power, tvs, and other electrical things.
We were fortunate, no power loss or any damage to anything electrical here.
It now feels like fall getting ready to go into winter.
Hope everyone doing well.
Have a great week.

bugujo
Wed, Oct-08-14, 15:58
Two very small chickens are in the oven. Each under 2 lbs, that won't go far LOL.

I love this weather too. Did anyone get to see the lunar eclipse today?

never2late
Wed, Oct-08-14, 21:32
Vicki, Cornish game hens?
Been forever since I cooked any, used to be a regular thing back when I cooked and ate anything and everything.
Back when I was thin.
Don't know why I now think eggs, eggs, and more eggs.

jmh6251
Thu, Oct-09-14, 09:17
Good morning ladies; We have had incredible weather today. It's been mild and warm all month so far. The 2 small chickens in the oven sounded delicious. What did you have to go with them Vicki? We had Pork Chops and mashed Cauliflower for dinner last night and I made a LC Pudding for dessert. I think I need to get my back and hip pain reassesed next week by the doctor. Though he probably won't do anything since he never did anything last time I saw him except sympathize. There are days I can hardly move the pain is so bad. Though I will say today it seems better. I can relate N2L, There are days I think fondly of being able to eat anything and not gaining an ounce. Of course that was before having children. I see pictures of myself and think whatever happened to that girl. Well this morning I woke up at 3:10 and have been awake ever since. Finally got up at 3:50 and decided to get a head start on morning chores. Although I still have quite alot to get done I am ahead of the game. Hope everything is going well Omablu, and we miss you Chanteyl and anybody else who hasn't posted in quite awhile.

bugujo
Fri, Oct-10-14, 16:36
I don't think they were cornish game hens, just very small chickens. I ended up baking them but of course there wasn't much for leftovers after feeding two teen boys, a hubby and myself.

jmh, I have nights where I do the same thing, awaken early and finally get out of bed. I have started taking magnesium in the evening and that seems to help with the sleep. I have tried Melatonin too with some success. What is nice about the magnesium, it knocks out my leg cramps.

jmh6251
Tue, Oct-14-14, 15:20
Good afternoon to all. Well it has been a few days since I have checked in so I thought I would. Nothing much going on around here. Next week CJ my grandson leaves for school. I will certainly miss him, but it is time he did something. The weather is finally turning fall like, yesterday we went for a ride to see if any fall colors were left and they were not. I have been lazy today not feeling too much like doing my household chores, but I know I have to get off my duff and get something done. I have been going on the internet to get more ideas on menus. I seem to have fallen in a rut. I get tired of eating the same thing all the time. I tried your Magnesium trick Vicki, but maybe I have the wrong kind because it didn't work. Well I hope this finds everyone doing great and have a good week

bugujo
Wed, Oct-15-14, 19:23
Magnesium glycinate is what works for me 400 mg

myrt4930
Thu, Oct-16-14, 18:58
I had surgery (outpatient) Oct. 8th and it went just fine. It was a left hip arthroscopic bursectomy including a bone spur. He said I wouldn't have a lot of pain. He put 5 staples at the top and 5 at the bottom. I'll be glad when they come out which I think will be Oct. 21st. After that I can probably go swimming and then I think I'll have home exercises along with swimming. I sure feel weird not swimming and have more time on my hands. My main activity seems to be eating. Those steroids just say eat eat eat. Take care, myrt

never2late
Sat, Oct-18-14, 00:09
Myrt, those staples will be in for a long time.
Is it because that is a spot that has so much movement or because they went so deep?
We too have had a sunny day here in East Tennessee, nice.
N2L

bugujo
Sat, Oct-18-14, 09:10
Myrt, I hope your recovery goes well.

never2late
Sun, Oct-19-14, 09:41
It's a smiley day here.
Fall, but not ugly fall yet.
Trees are turning and such lovely colors.
DH has taken dog to the dog park and he came back satisfied with his exercise.
Now wants extra rations to compensate, lol.
Weight is steady for me, not up, not down, just steady as I experiment with nutrition versus all low carb diet.
We'll see how it goes.
Still waiting for my turn at the library for The Wahls Protocol.
They've already told me that I won't be able to renew when it's my turn as there is a waiting list for it after me.
When the new one comes out shortly I'll purchase a copy if it all makes sense.
N2L

bugujo
Sun, Oct-19-14, 17:07
We went for a hike in our local state park. Very gorgeous with all of the turning leaves.

jmh6251
Mon, Oct-20-14, 08:21
Hi everyone it has been awhile since I have posted anything. This weekend I had to help CJ get ready to go to Boise for school. Since he and his dad butt heads most of the time he moved his belongings out of dad's house. It's sad, I hope they can find common ground one of these days. I sure hope your recovery goes well and it isn't too painful Myrt. Surgery is never fun. I wish you luck on your eating experiment N2L. At least you are not gaining weight that at least looks promising. I love to hike, hubby and I love to go to the national forrest and climb the mountain. There is a beautiful lake half way up, it is so still that you can see fish nosing up on the surface, very peaceful. My food plan is going well haven't even cheated in quite awhile. Had a taco salad last night minus the bowl, I haven't decided about breakfast yet. My back pain is still there even though we flipped the mattress. I am sleeping better though. I can't believe it is fast approaching holiday season and everyone's birthday. Coupon time I guess. Holidays are my most difficult time sticking to a diet plan. I will need to pray for strength. Hope everyone has a blessed week

never2late
Mon, Oct-20-14, 13:37
jmh6251, sons and their dads.
Especially first born sons and their dads.
Too much expectation on the side of the father.
Mines 45 and they still don't get along like I imagined they would.
Waiting still for the book.
Found a gym nearby that I'm going to check out.
Called Vital signs.
I don't go to gyms because of my health problems.
This one is owned by doctors.
I got to go to one after my heart surgeries, however, even with insurance it cost $180 per month.
Had to stop.
Hope it will be what I need.
Holidays, yes.
Just brought a huge bag of Halloween candy for the 100s of little tots who come to our door.
Hope there are some left by then.
DH is a chocoholic.
The dampness and colder weather plays havoc with my body pain.
I think it is time to flip my mattress too.
Can't do it myself any longer.

bugujo
Tue, Oct-21-14, 18:29
I am fortunate that the street we live on is a dead end and the average age on the street has to be around 70. This will be our second Halloween and last year there may have been a handful of kids that came on the street. I didn't buy any candy because I didn't expect any and didn't turn on the porch light. i will do the same this year. I don't have to buy the candy then.

jmh6251
Thu, Oct-23-14, 17:00
Hi everyone we are experiencing unusual weather here in Western Washington. First the sun comes out/ then it just pours rain/ then the hail starts. Really strange----- We never get any trick or treaters. We live on the end of a dirt road, and mostly have people without children that live here. Besides if I have candy here I will eat it. LOL Well I used to love to go to the gym, but it is a little spendie for me right now. My oldest girl did join a yoga class though and enjoys it. The dampness plays havoc with my joints too, Chiropractor gave me some herbal anti inflammatory so far it seems to help. I had left over Chicken and salad for lunch. It is 3:54 and I still am not hungry. That is huge for me, since usually I am always hungry. I did flip my own mattress, it was a chore, but I was the only one home. I'm sleeping better on it though I don't think it has done anything for my back. As a side note Vicki, I think your Magnesium suggestion is finally working. At least my hips and back don't feel broke when I get up anymore. Thankyou; I guess I need to get something done so will talk to you guys later.

Judy

bugujo
Thu, Oct-23-14, 19:45
I am glad the magnesium finally started kicking in.

i saw a recipe in a flyer that sounds yummy, Crock Pot Salsa Chicken. 5-6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless and a jar of salsa. Cook on high for 6 hours to where you can shred the chicken. Add 8-16 oz of cream cheese and cook for additional hour. I saw a recipe that used 1 8oz cream cheese and 1 cup shredded cheddar. Sounds very good to me.

jmh6251
Thu, Oct-30-14, 09:43
Boy that does sound good. I am always on the lookout for new recipes. Well it has been a busy week for me. Tuesday I had a bad time trying to control my carb tooth. I think it stemmed from the shake I had in the morning. It was LC but something in it triggered my craving. I struggled all day. Now yesterday and so far today I have went back to normal. The carb monster is been put to bed for now. My DGS went to trade school. He calls me everyday, I told him he should save his minutes, but he calls anyway. He's never been away from home before so I think he is homesick. I started my quilt, it'll probably take me awhile to get it done. In the old days I would work on these with my grandma, but she passed away a few years back at 101 years young. Went grocery shopping the other day, they still had their meat sale going. Buy one pkg and get 2 more for free. I got some Chicken, Beef, and Pork for under $30.00. ((SCORE)) Not too much happening here talk to you soon.

Judy

bugujo
Thu, Oct-30-14, 16:28
Judy, a lot of my recipes as of late, are coming from Pinterest. I have had an account but didn't really start using it until a year ago when I was in FL and saw my DIL and her family using it. I love it. I use pinterest recipes more than my LC cookbooks.

jmh6251
Wed, Nov-05-14, 21:50
i think I have a Pinterest account but have never done anything with it. I get alot of my recipes from Linda's Lowcarb recipe site. I also have books that have interesting recipes in it. I even have one for quick easy meals. It has been quite awhile since I have posted, I seem to hit my journal more often. Tuesday I had a disasterous experience with a LC Shake. I made it even put fat in it but it still sparked an overwhelming urge to dive into carbs. I didn't think I was ever going to go back to normal. I won't do that again. The holidays are coming fast. I have to get thru Thanksgiving first. I just know that my youngest daughter is going to have a problem with what I don't eat. My grandson is coming home for Thanksgiving though and that is positive. The other day I went to the store and accidentally picked up fat free cottage cheese. I ate it up but had to add cream every time I had some. I have issues with the scale, I have a phobia anymore about weighing myself. I buried the thing in my closet somewhere. I figured next time I go to the drs office they will weigh me. Hope everyone has a great week

myrt4930
Thu, Nov-06-14, 21:00
GI doc put me on a steroid and I've gained 6 1/2#. I think I'll be done with the medicine in about a week and then a colonoscopy a week before Thanksgiving. Went to the rheumatologist in San Antonio on Monday and he told me I have Sjogren's Syndrome/Disease. It's already affecting me quite a bit but have never heard of Sjogren's. It's another auto-immune disease. I guess fibro is one, too? He said my lymph system just started being attacked instead of joints. Went to my family doc this morning for a routine checkup and she confirmed the Sjogren's.
The surgery has gone well but I stiffen up if I sit down a half hour or more. Went to the pool today and did gentle exercises and it felt good
I now have a dependable cleaning lady. She was here today and we worked for 3 hours. She's helping me with some of my organizational stuff that I'm behind on.
W baked a pork loin tonight and we had that and raw veggies. Yum... myrt

never2late
Fri, Nov-07-14, 21:51
Oh gosh Myrt, Sjogren's along with everything else.
You just hang in there woman.
Is the steroid for the Sjogren's?
I was low carb today, wow.
One day at a time.
Winter is coming fast, the big cold front going through.
We are hermits during the winters.
I start cooking in the winter.
That's a good thing.
I'm seeing on the low carb facebook page several good sounding recipes.
Probably from pin interest jmh6251 & Vickie and you've already seen them.

jmh6251
Sat, Nov-15-14, 17:00
Good afternoon ladies; it has been forever since I have been on here to post on this forum.

My food intake hasn't been bad I think one day last week I was struggling to stay on plan, but i got thru it and didn't cave in.

Holidays are fast approaching, it seems it creeped up on me this year. I plan on taking a LC Cheesecake to my daughters, and a salad. The Christmas gear has been out for a month already or so it seems.

I'm glad it just gets rainy here in the winter in the North West, I wouldn't like snow. FB has many worthy LC sites but I dropped them because they were overloading me. But you are right the recipes look amazing. Catch ya later

Judy

never2late
Sun, Nov-23-14, 23:28
Finally weighed after not doing so in over a month, maybe more.
No change in weight.
That was a pleasant surprise.
Hope everyone is doing well and ready for the holidays.
So far I don't believe we have any plans.
Come Christmas and New Year's Day we have big plans.
Visit daughter and on New Years Day is her wedding.
She still might change her mind.
Has been hinting she'd like to postpone it once again.
I'm trudging along.
It is a stormy night here.
High winds and rain.

bugujo
Mon, Nov-24-14, 19:50
n2late, wow, a wedding on new Years Day, how neat. Your daughter has postponed before?

We had a nice weekend with temps in the 50's but now we are back down to normal in the 20-30's and very windy. What snow we had all melted over the weekend.

We were invited to my brother's for Thanksgiving and I am to bring the rolls and a dessert. I ordered everything from our local bakery, that way I don't have to have the stuff sitting around. I am hoping to stay on plan, but if I eat the other stuff so I don't feel deprived, I will have just bites of the stuff and load up on the turkey.

never2late
Thu, Dec-11-14, 15:06
We used to have so many active people on this thread.
Where did they all go?
Haven't been watching my eating and now don't plan to until middle of January.
Just wanting to keep this thread alive.
N2L

jmh6251
Fri, Dec-12-14, 19:49
I'm still here, I've got in the habit of posting in my journal and in some of the other forums but not here because nobody is posting much. Not an excuse really but there you are.

Still hanging in there but lately it has been a struggle. I think because it is winter, and the Holiday Season. I haven't gone off plan, but my carb loving alter ego has been trying to reassert herself lately. Just today while i was out I wanted a cream filled Donut in the worse way. Of course I settled for a bunless sausage dog which was delicious instead.

I think I have found a way to put my joint pain in remission for awhile, I upped my dosage of vitamin D. So far so good. Now I just have to increase the strength in my legs.

I'm sure you have your reasons for not wanting to stay on plan N2L. Whatever it is I hope it works out for you

bugujo
Sat, Dec-13-14, 10:34
I am still here too. I post in my journal as well, although not very often. Maybe a couple of times a week.

I too am hanging in there and not on plan 100% of the time either. I am still exercising, in fact, this week I have been able to walk outside since the temps have been tolerable. I hate walking on the treadmill.

I hope all will make it through the Christmas holiday at a reasonable weight.

never2late
Sat, Dec-13-14, 19:11
I am hold my own as far as weight.'
Not going up.
In fact down a couple.
But been so "brain washed" that I feel like if I eat a dinner roll or a piece of pie I'm going to hell.
I'm wanting to eat a little healthier? and include some fruit.
I'm now not in the mood to do anything.
Between the holidays and a wedding like I say I'm just not in the mood.
My sister in hospital still in ICU with a heart attack and lung problems.
I'm very concerned for my 93 year old mother who needs full time care from same sister being alone.
Not getting the help from brother and his family that I feel he should give.
But who am I to talk, what do I do but worry and pray.
Nothing else.
I'm 27 hours away.
N2L

Desert Mo
Sun, Dec-14-14, 07:10
Just discovered this thread. I'm 69, on Atkins abt 3 wks, successful with 1972 original Atkins when it first came out. Have my own health issues, mostly high BP on Atkins that I didn't have on mostly unrefined carbs for years. Have been treating self via natural herbs, Heal-All for now, to avoid side effects of prescription meds. Glad to find my folks, my age group.

bugujo
Sun, Dec-14-14, 11:13
Welcome desert mo. I am not 60 but have been welcomed by this group. Good luck with the weight loss.

never2late
Sun, Dec-14-14, 11:56
Desert Mo, Glad to have you here.
There are quite a few of us, yet some don't post on a regular basis.
We have lurkers to keep entertained also.
It is the season of the year that it is hard to be LC unless you really like the foods allowed.
That said, I love my bacon and eggs, steak, baby back ribs, broccoli, salads, and the other allowed foods.
I have a problem with Pepsi and hummingbird cake.
I have many health problems that are better without the carbs including Type 1 diabetic.
N2L

jmh6251
Sun, Dec-14-14, 15:14
Welcome Desert Mo :cheer: :Party: We love newcomers.

We all have health issues I think. I have Arthritis in my joints, and high blood pressure. So you are in good company. I believe natural remedies are best, it is alot easier on your body.

Congratulations N2L on maintaining your weight :cheer: It's hard this time of year. So sorry to hear of your sister and Mom. Sometimes it is hard to know what to do, except feel helpless because you are so far away.

When my mom was sick, I was clear across the country with a disabled husband. Nobody in my family understood the pressure I am under most of the time. My husband is blind it's not like I could leave him and go take care of her, and she refused to leave Michigan.

So we are going to go sing Christmas Carols to the shut ins and Nursing Home People this afternoon. So I will have another opportunity to eat off plan since there is a get together afterwards. LOL It should be fun though

Desert Mo
Sun, Dec-14-14, 18:13
Thanx for the welcome. Never2Late, I guess I don't have a problem with traditional Christmas season foods since I have no immediate family, live alone, have no problem with Atkins foods. Not tempted by sweets or heavy carbs. Mostly because it's been years since I had family to visit & basically haven't been into the candy, cakes, etc. for years. I read a lot more of the Atkins books 1972 on than I talk. Just my nature. Usually spend holidays alone. Have for years. Live in a retirement community, age 69.

Desert Mo
Sun, Dec-14-14, 18:18
Only problem I'm having with the Atkins food is that I was a vegan for two years, a vegetarian for years before that, & never ate much meat or dairy before that. My body loves vegs & fruit. And it's having difficulties switching gears to low carb etc., so weight loss is happening very slowly, ounces per week, if that. I'm sticking, though, because I'm hardheaded about losing the weight I gained while eating 800-900 calories only on vegs & fruits & whole grains only. Atkins 1972 has been very much of a help in my understanding how that happens, how the body gets addicted to carbs, won't lose weight on them.

myrt4930
Sun, Dec-14-14, 22:47
Haven't been on here for about a month but so much has happened. Some good and some bad. Got a puppy in early November. She was born 8/23 and is 1/2 long haired doxy and 1/2 poodle. She was 5# when we got her and now she weighs 7.4#. The day we got her I pinched a nerve in my back and could hardly walk and didn't get to see the doctor for a week. He had a death in his family. Then I'm trying my best to walk and get back in the pool and take care of the puppy. Then Sunday before Thanksgiving W announced he doesn't love me anymore, took the trailer we travel in out of storage and moved it to a little town 85 miles north of here where he's going to live.
We were all shocked by his behavior but he lied to me and preplanned this for a couple of months at least. He even talked to our counselor about it and, of course, she didn't tell me. No one's going to do that to me twice so he's never coming back.
I've spent hours and hours protecting my credit and trying to see how I want to split up with him. I have a couple more things to check out before I do. I shouldn't say everyone's shocked. The people that knew him very very well are glad he's gone and know what I've been going through better than I did. It's all so peaceful now. The neighbors helped me when I was overwhelmed with the puppy.
N2L and I wrote quite a bit on my journal back and forth about this if you should care to read it. I have 2 more cavities caused by Sjogren's Syndrome. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow afternoon for the :p cavities and annual mammogram early in the morning. Probably go swim :wave: after the mammogram.
Due to the severe stress I couldn't eat hardly anything and have lost 9# so I have 5# left to go (I think). Doc said I can set my goal at 144 for Wt Watchers and that will have me at about 140-141 at home early in the morning. I did eat more yesterday and today and I would like to maintain for a couple of weeks and then lose the rest.
I guess you know I'm about exhausted in some ways. BUT I can finally sleep all night and we have peace in the house, Pooh Bear and Me :thup:

myrt4930
Sun, Dec-14-14, 22:57
Desert Mo--Welcome to our neighborhood...maybe someday I can be comfortable spending a holiday alone. I dread Christmas although I am going to a potluck. I guess my Christmas present this year will be peace and quiet. myrt

bugujo
Mon, Dec-15-14, 07:10
myrt, we have a local church that serves Christmas dinner "free", is there something like that in your area?? (((((myrt))))) to you and your quiet celebration.

jmh6251
Mon, Dec-15-14, 10:36
Myrt I am so sorry this happened to you. My prayers are with you, as women we have to be the strong ones sometimes. Congratulations on your new dog. I would say congrats on the weightloss, but that is not how we want to lose weight. I certainly hope you feel better soon.

Went Christmas Carolling last night, with a food fest after. The food was too yummy to ignore so I over did it. Well it was bound to happen. The good thing is it was only one meal.

DD brought over some veggies yesterday, mostly lowcarb but the carrots. I don't believe a carrot ever hurt anyone anyways.

Christmas is coming close, we are going to our youngest daughter's home on Christmas Eve.

I wish everyone a great week

bugujo
Tue, Dec-16-14, 08:08
Hot dog, I have four T-bones now LOL. Sorry, thread jack.

never2late
Tue, Dec-16-14, 12:01
I'd be happy with a T-bone, haven't had one in ages.
Been eating rib eyes when I have steak.
You know the LCHF stuff.
Haven't had a filet.
Maybe I'll shower and go have one, haha.
N2L

bugujo
Tue, Dec-16-14, 13:53
Too funny N2L. Want to trade your four lobsters for my four t-bones LOL.

myrt4930
Tue, Dec-16-14, 22:24
Judy---what are fat bombs? I read it somewhere in your journal.

I made it through another day but I'm so tired. Eventually things will get back to normal. I'm already happier but Christmas season stuff us hard. I'm just ignoring it and thinking about the spiritual side of Christmas. myrt

never2late
Tue, Dec-16-14, 22:36
I think I've taken up residence at the malls.
Seem to go everyday.
Today was take back day for all the things I've already discovered will not work.
While doing that found another top that I think will work so much better for DD's wedding.
I went to a hair dresser just down the street last week to see if there was any solution to the disastrous hair cut.
She said it will still grow some by the wedding.
That I should look for a neck scarf that will take attention away from my hair.
This lovely top should take care of that, such beautiful colors.
Enjoyed a cookie from the mall.
I was buying DH 1/2 a dozen and saw the iced cookies.
Resisted first time by, not the second when I was wearing down from all the walking.
It's a huge mall.
Had a salad with chicken.
Had about 5 almonds.
Thinking about a snack.
N2L

bugujo
Wed, Dec-17-14, 08:03
N2L, when is the wedding?? I didn't read about the disastrous hair cut, that must be maddening. One frosted cookie shouldn't do you in. Nice job for keeping it to one. I hope it didn't set off carb cravings though. The mall walking should have helped too.

never2late
Wed, Dec-17-14, 23:04
Hello my friends,
The wedding is New Year's Day.
It was originally for New Year's Eve and she switched it to the next day since the restaurant she want her reception at would be crowded with celebrators.
Then after changing to the first, found out the restaurant would be closed on the 1st.
There will only be 7 of us, his parents, my granddaughter who at 8 is planning the wedding, and us.
Simple and wants to keep it very simple.
Doesn't want the word wedding to even be used.
She was burned so badly with the first husband she just wants to get married and have life go on like it never happened.
I tried on the wonderful blouse.
I barely squeezed into it.
Looks horrible, it's going back.
It wasn't me, the size had to be way off.
I've things in the closet I can wear if necessary.
Barely worn clothing as they aren't pj's.
N2L

bugujo
Thu, Dec-18-14, 09:56
N2L, sorry the blouse didn't work. Do you have someone who can go with you to help you find something? I had a friend go with me when I was looking for my second wedding dress. It helped.

I think I remember you telling us about the date now. If the place is closed on New Years day, where will the "wedding" take place?

never2late
Fri, Dec-19-14, 00:21
The wedding is at a church in downtown Charleston, SC.
We were to have walked to a famous steak place near the church and that is what is closed.
Going to a brand new place now, don't know what type of food they have, but since we will order off the menu it will be fun to try out starting the New Year eating right.
Took back the latest top.
Got a really good deal on a top at Belk's.
I really like it and it fits.
Naturally, it is black.
haha.
So all is well with the outfit
Bacon, eggs, tonight around 7 p.m.
That was the first and only meal.
Had a rough day health wise.
N2L

bugujo
Fri, Dec-19-14, 09:35
N2L, basic black is great. Think of how you can dress it up with accessories :)

Down a few ounces today. So close to onederland. Hanging in there on plan so far with the exception of the darned chocolate covered cherries that DH has around.

myrt4930
Sat, Dec-20-14, 23:00
Judy---what are fat bombs? I must know...

I got down to 143.2 and my goal on the home scales is 140. This is a heck of a way to lose it (husband left me) and hope I can keep it off. It's been so hard but it would be for anybody. I just don't have any appetite. I just make sure I get protein and a little carbs each day. I need to eat more veggies besides greens in a salad. love you, myrt

never2late
Sun, Dec-21-14, 01:32
Just jumping in here with the recipe I'd saved from a long time ago.
I thought I'd post this until Judy has time to give an answer.
Gypsybird had posted this for Newbies at one point.
I've never eaten them and don't know how they taste.
Know some don't think we should be eating them.
Others think they are what gets them through the day.
I've seen some add lemon, or other flavors to them to make them more enjoyable.
Hope this helps until Judy can get back with her recipe.
N2L

8T butter
6T Coconut Oil
4T HWC
3T unsweetened chocolate powder
1/8t vanilla (optional)
Sea salt, some in and some on top
Sweetener to taste (10 drops liquid Splenda, 22 drops liquid Sugar Twin)

Mix together. Spoon into mini muffin wrappers. Freeze. Enjoy!

bugujo
Sun, Dec-21-14, 09:05
Sounds yummy, and a great treat while others are eating sweets and so forth this time of year.

202 lbs on the scale today. It is going slowly, but inching closer. My average calories are around 1500; compared to under 1100 when I was losing at a much faster rate in the summer. Oh well, I am not complaining as long as it is going in the right direction and considering the time of year.

jmh6251
Sun, Dec-21-14, 16:13
Well it will be Christmas in a couple of days, this year it snuck up on me. We will be back at Patty's on Christmas Eve.

My calories are usually around 1500 as well, but yesterday I ended up eating alot of food that wasn't on plan. I always hate it when i do that.

My son is coming over later to watch football, although I'm not much of a fan it will be nice to see him. :agree: The rest of the family makes up for my lack of enthusiasm, LOL

never2late
Sun, Dec-21-14, 22:48
Vickie, congratulations on the loss.
Judy, oh yeah it's coming faster and faster.

I'm doing laundry like crazy trying to get ready to make the jaunt to SC.
Always 2nd guessing what the weather will be there versus here and what clothing to wear.

bacon, eggs, bran muffin, unsweet tea.
snacks tonight, Mexican cheese, corn chips to melt it on, almonds, small piece of coke a cola chocolate cake for our 46th wedding anniversary.
Won't eat any more of it, too sweet for me.
That won't be a problem, my husband loves chocolate and he'll polish it off before we go to SC.
N2L

bugujo
Mon, Dec-22-14, 07:36
N2L, praying for safe travels for you to SC. I hope you don't have any bad weather on the way. When do you plan to leave and how long will you be staying? Do you have family in SC?

jmh, I am not a huge fan of football either. I just tolerate it while everyone watches it LOL. I usually find something else to do.

We won't be doing any traveling everyone is coming here. Makes it kind of nice except for the prep and clean up. Oh well. People usually contribute when they come.

Today is wrapping day and I will be making Chex Mix, oyster crackers with Ranch mix and Sugar Cookies, and branschweiger dip over the next couple of days. We decided to have soup and snacks for Christmas instead of the big turkey dinner. I will have the turkey and stuff on the 28th for DH's family. Thankfully, there will be a large number of people to help eat the carby snacks. I figure I can have a "taste" and not get too far off track.

Today's weight: 201.6

jmh6251
Wed, Dec-24-14, 10:22
Just wanted to jump in and say Merry Christmas. I hope everyones Holiday is exactly what they expected it to be.

Have a safe trip N2L.

It sounds like you are ready for your guests Vicki. The appetizers sound delicious. Hopefully they won't expect a Turkey dinner.

We're back at Patty's this afternoon, then we go to Candlelight Service this evening at Church.

never2late
Wed, Dec-24-14, 11:10
It has been confirmed that I have the flu.
We will delay our trip until next week.
N2L

bugujo
Wed, Dec-24-14, 19:38
Merry Christmas all, hope you get better soon N2L.

jmh6251
Wed, Dec-24-14, 22:17
Feel better soon!!

myrt4930
Sun, Dec-28-14, 12:26
I'm doing OK most of the time. Ate a little too much last night and weighed 144.4 this morning. Gotta get down to goal ~ WW and then I can be free again since I'm a lifer...

bugujo
Mon, Dec-29-14, 08:40
Myrt, congrats on the WW lifer.

I got derailed big time the last few days and am back to square one on my way to onederland. Hopefully what I did gain was only water weight.

myrt4930
Mon, Dec-29-14, 19:49
I was 142.4 this morning. That's the lightest since 1997. Doc wants my goal to be 140# at home so I just have a little more to go. I wrote on my journal about exercise and how I'm doing emotionally. Too much to write 2 times. Take care everyone and Happy New Year!!! myrt

jmh6251
Mon, Dec-29-14, 22:02
Well today I went and ordered some LC food online. It'll take me awhile to get my hands on it, but it will be easier to bake. And it should last awhile.

Today has been a lazy day. Took a walk this morning, and did some laundry and cleaning up. I live on a dirt road so my floors take a beating. I also live with guys so my bathrooms take a beating.

My eating has not been too bad. I haven't went off plan for the last couple of days. I need to get online and get some help in creating a great LC Dessert. I'm hungry for something I just don't know what.

Congratulations Myrt on the weightloss. You should be proud of yourself.

It shouldn't take you too long to take the weight back off Vicki. I know how frustrating it can get, don't give up. Have a great week everyone

myrt4930
Sat, Jan-03-15, 16:21
Thank you for the congratulations everybody. I weighed 141 this morning so i have 1 round pound to go.

N2L in the recipe what is HWC. I have no idea what it could be. Myrt

never2late
Sat, Jan-03-15, 18:48
Heading whipping cream.

Rain.
Stuck inside.
Austin had to go out early.
Granddaughter crawled in bed with me.
Needed more sleep, didn't get it.
Projects started.
Lots of banging.
OH WELL
N2L

bugujo
Sun, Jan-04-15, 17:17
Myrt, 140? Wow, that is low. How tall are you? I haven't weighed 140 since I was a kid LOL. I am 5'6'' last I checked. The lowest I have gotten as an adult was upper 160s. I am shooting for 180 for now.

jmh6251
Sun, Jan-04-15, 21:04
I am 5ft 3.5 inches so I am aiming for 130. That is what I am hoping for anyway.

Myrt 141 that is marvelous!!! Congratulations!! You did it!

I hope your husbands project doesn't take too long N2L. The noise must be nerve wracking.

Hoping this is the year we all meet our goals

never2late
Mon, Jan-05-15, 01:08
Myrt, that should have read heavy whipping cream.
Somehow my computer is not only doing auto correct, but is also changing my wording.
Well, i should have said the tablet that I took to SC, not this computer.
N2L

myrt4930
Wed, Jan-07-15, 20:50
Down to 140.6 this morning...unbelievable. Haven't weighed that since 1997. I have .6# to go so maybe I'll make it tomorrow. I'm 5'4" and 74 years old so I'm all flab but keep trying with the exercise. If I were younger/more firm I'd set my goal at 130# which is what it used to be when I was in my late 40's and 50's. Gotta wear light-weight jeans...myrt

bugujo
Thu, Jan-08-15, 17:26
Myrt, that is great, congrats

myrt4930
Thu, Jan-08-15, 20:45
I got to my goal after 17 years. It's just too wonderful!! myrt

never2late
Thu, Jan-08-15, 22:18
Myrt, there aren't any words that will tell the world how proud I am of you.
17 years with a slip up here and there, but perseverance.
You made your goal and now it's WW freedom.
Standing by you and celebrating.
:Party: :Party: :Party:

jmh6251
Fri, Jan-09-15, 19:03
Congratulations Myrt :cheer: :dazzle: :Party:

That is so wonderful for you!!!

myrt4930
Sun, Jan-18-15, 22:15
I can't believe it. This morning I weighed 139#. My life has been busy if you'd like to read my journal. I don't have the energy to write it 2 times. I came down suddenly with a cold Friday and had fever Friday and Sat. but I'm OK today except I'm dragging around and stiff from being inactive. I boarded Pooh Bear for Sat. and Sun. because I realized that I couldn't walk her. I sure miss her and will pick her up early Mon. afternoon. Tomorrow is physical therapy for my hip. I don't like going for this batch of PT because I think he's pushing me too hard and I've been getting Charlie Horses in my feet and calves and shins. That hurts. Hugs, myrt

bluesinger
Mon, Jan-19-15, 10:30
I can't believe it. This morning I weighed 139#. My life has been busy if you'd like to read my journal. I don't have the energy to write it 2 times. I came down suddenly with a cold Friday and had fever Friday and Sat. but I'm OK today except I'm dragging around and stiff from being inactive. I boarded Pooh Bear for Sat. and Sun. because I realized that I couldn't walk her. I sure miss her and will pick her up early Mon. afternoon. Tomorrow is physical therapy for my hip. I don't like going for this batch of PT because I think he's pushing me too hard and I've been getting Charlie Horses in my feet and calves and shins. That hurts. Hugs, myrt

Terrific that you've made it to goal. I keep moving mine upward in hopes that it will be easier to reach. :wave: I just don't lose. That doesn't mean I've given up, just that I have to keep slogging along in spite of my failure.

If they ever find a cure for insulin resistance, I'll be first in line.

bugujo
Mon, Jan-19-15, 19:51
Dang, I hate those muscle cramps. I get them too. I take magnesium at night and that helps some.

Chanteyl
Sat, Jan-24-15, 20:50
I drink more broth when I get muscle cramps, works for me.

Hello new people :wave: I used to be on this thread a lot. I am a newly single woman, again, I want X to "suffer" he can't lose weight and I can. :lol: So I'm trying to get a few more pounds off.

never2late
Wed, Jan-28-15, 22:18
Hello all,
It was such a beautiful day here in East Tennessee.
Didn't know they still existed.
Haven't been on plan since I believe Thanksgiving.
I start out well and then am easily swayed off the plan.
My weight was down today.
Not due to a plan, but because I didn't try to stay on a plan.
Just have been eating to my appetite.
Won't be able to do that too long.
It is hard to grocery shop with the broken ankle/foot.
I believe it is healing, not as much pain.
Have checkup on February 2.
Thinking about all those who have so much snow and cold.
N2L

bugujo
Sat, Jan-31-15, 12:35
I started taking potassium supplement and so far the cramps haven't reappeared.

N2L, I have maintained for several months doing the same as you. I start out ok, but fizzle by days end. I want to kick it in gear so I can be in the 180s by mid March when I go to AZ for spring break.

jmh6251
Sat, Jan-31-15, 16:29
It's been quite awhile since I have been on here. Either this forum or my journal. I guess I lead a busy life. I have been kind of veering off track lately. I start out with good intentions and then fizzle after 4:00. I know I have to get back with the program. I've done pretty good today so far.

I'm sorry your marriage fizzled Chanteyl. How are you doing emotionally? I remember when my first marriage went south it took me several months to feel normal again, whatever that is.

Congratulations again on your weightloss myrt. maybe try Magnesium and Potassium for your charley horses.

Hope your foot heals soon N2L, I hope it isn't giving you too much pain.

I understand completely about how a person starts out with good intentions and somehow gets sidetracked Vicki. You'll get back on track soon.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

never2late
Sat, Jan-31-15, 23:55
Lost 3 pounds this month.
Since I'm not really trying am not certain it won't come and find me soon.
I'm only eating one meal a day and nuts at night.
Not hungry so that is why the 3 pounds.
I'm not changing my stats yet.
I'm so proud of our little group.
We keep hanging in there and the support is the bond that keeps us together, not just in eating, but knowing there is someone here when we need them
Thanks for being here through thick and thin.
N2L

myrt4930
Tue, Feb-03-15, 22:59
I feel the connection with all of us, too. As we share on a more personal level I think it helps us all. W was really stupid a couple weeks ago. I wrote about it in my journal.
N2L---You did good on your 3# loss. Keep it up but just don't hurt your health. Bug--Hang in there. You'll be OK, I know you will!! Chanteyle---This divorce stuff is heart breaking. I think old age is heart breaking. We've been hurt so bad and men don't live as long as we do anyway. It seems to me like God built us to love each other and at this age if we do they're just going to die ahead of us and then our heart is broken again. Maybe it's to keep our hearts closed and not get close to anyone. Is it better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all? Guess there's no real answer. Love y'all, myrt

bugujo
Wed, Feb-04-15, 20:25
3 lbs n2l is great.

I need a pep talk to get back on track.

myrt4930
Sun, Feb-08-15, 22:08
I've been doing OK AND our weather is great. I think it got up to 80* today. The next several days are supposed to be very nice. Pooh fell out of bed last night. Guess she got too close to the edge. She didn't get hurt.
Went to church today and it was so good. The retired pastor and I had a nice chat about my situation after church. He was a big help. Went swimming Friday and Saturday but took today off. Finished a Christmas romance book this afternoon. Finally my mine is more calm and I can read again. Tomorrow is phys. Therapy. Take care, myrt and Pooh

never2late
Sun, Feb-08-15, 23:09
We too have had a couple wonderful days.
DH got home around noon.
Went grocery shopping tonight.
It was like the very best of Spring.
The air was so clean and just enough moisture in it to feel good.
So glad that we needed groceries.
N2L

Chanteyl
Mon, Feb-09-15, 14:43
Myrt- Poor Pooh, Soot helped me take the garbage out. He loves when I go outside with him. He was racing around showing off. Rolling around in the snow. He is an all black little dog and makes me laugh with snow all over his face. He's a mini poodle but looks too long and squat and he thinks he can fly. :lol:

Bugs peptalk-You get right back to your eating plan quickly, it's harder the longer you're not doing it. Just like riding a horse. Plan tomorrows meals and run to the store and get anything you need. Golden oldies have more trouble losing weight. ;)

jmh-I had everybody I loved just die so the divorce was just icing on the cake of my life. My X wasn't much a part of my life. He was a spoilt baby. I burst into tears from all my loved ones who died, so the divorce isn't as bad.

N2L-I can't wait for warm weather, when it hit's the 50 degree mark I unbutton my coats. :)

jmh6251
Fri, Feb-13-15, 13:46
I am so sorry you have lost so many people. I know that must be really difficult to bare. My prayers are with you Chanteyl.

3 Pound weightloss N2L that is so great!! Keep up the good work.

I love to read myself, lately it has been Lisa Scottoline, she is a good author and humanizes her characters. We've been getting some nice weather here lately, I just glanced out the window and the sun is shining.

It is really hard to get back on track when you get off this eating plan. Nobody knows better then I. You'll get tired of carrying the extra weight and get back on track I know you will Vicki.

Well I've had 2 acupuncture treatments so far. I have noticed more energy. He said it might take a few times to really address the pain, I am willing to give it a shot though, nobody else has been successful yet.

I haven't been doing too badly with the eating plan lately. Though I have noticed cravings. I hope everyone has a great weekend

myrt4930
Sat, Feb-14-15, 14:37
Today is a tough one since it's Valentine's Day but I'll get through it. After supper I'm going to take a couple bouquets up to assisted living to 2 new friends of mine. One of them is blind so I bought some real flowers so she can smell them. Aught to cheer me up and they don't expect me to be visiting and they certainly won't be expecting flowers. It's going to be fun.
Weight today 136.2# which is fine with me. It seems to be settling there. Happy Valentine's Day, myrt

Chanteyl
Sat, Feb-14-15, 19:31
Happy Valentine's Day. :rheart: :rose: :rheart: :rose: :rheart: :rose: :rheart: :rose: :rheart: :rose:

bugujo
Sat, Feb-14-15, 20:33
Real flowers for a friend, that is thoughtful. Spring is in the air.

myrt4930
Sun, Feb-15-15, 19:14
Those 2 gals were so happy with the flowers. It was so worthwhile and made my day. Myrt

Chanteyl
Wed, Feb-18-15, 09:42
I found a free site for in chair exercising for seniors. It feels so good to be doing something for myself besides the WOE. I wish I could find someone to take pictures of me before and after.

never2late
Wed, Feb-18-15, 13:08
Are they hard?
Maybe something I could do.
N2L

myrt4930
Wed, Feb-18-15, 15:06
I did e PT exercises today and my therapist offered to put on a steering wheel cover for me. That's so nice of him. I just can't get one of those on as it takes very strong hands and fingers.
I weighed 134.8 today and was so afraid I'd have a big gain.
Sure glad I didn't. Let's keep exercising, girls, myrt

never2late
Wed, Feb-18-15, 20:00
Proud of our girl Myrt.
I've caught a cold.
How do you catch a cold at home?
Furnace?
N2L

Chanteyl
Sun, Feb-22-15, 06:21
I am so thrilled, for the first time in years, I put on a pair of jeans and they are almost falling off of me. :yay:

I just got all the XL clothes sorted and put away in my drawers this fall. Now, I have to sort and toss all the Lg that are in in tubs, in my garage. I can't do it right now, it's too cold. I hope I can last until Spring. I kept my DSis's and DM clothes along with my own, so there will be a lot of sorting to do.

I guess I could go buy some used jeans at Goodwill but, it really seems a shame, with all the clothes I have in the garage.

Getting out the safety pins now. Oh joy! oh joy! :lol: :lol:

never2late
Sun, Feb-22-15, 12:23
Chantyl you and Myrt are the inspiration for us over 60s.
You have both done so very well.
Know that there were added problems that you both have and are overcoming.
Going through the clothes will be something to look forward to and well deserved verification of your journey.
N2L

bugujo
Mon, Feb-23-15, 18:24
Chanteyl, that is awesome about the jeans and going down in sized. What a neat feeling.

What was the website that you found the chair exercises, I would like to pass it on to my mother.

myrt4930
Fri, Feb-27-15, 15:17
Went to rheumatologist in San Antonio. Everything AOK so that's good. B took me over there. See Ya

never2late
Fri, Feb-27-15, 18:57
Sunshine today, yeah.
Myrt, that's good news.
It is good to see more posts here again.
N2L

Chanteyl
Sun, Mar-01-15, 12:33
I hate doing exercises. Ugh! My son hung my bike from the garage rafters. I can't get it down. Maybe, I could buy a bigger basket and learn how to ride it first, then I could start driving Soot around on my bike.

I bought the bike used plus it's my favorite color. I have a safety belt made for a dog in a car. I have seen people driving their bikes around with dogs in the basket. I think Soot would love it. He's too lazy to walk far. He would start a walk with X and then I would see X carrying him back home.

He likes to act like he's hurt so I will pick him up and put him on my bed at night. He is terrible spoiled.

Chanteyl
Mon, Mar-02-15, 09:18
I start a different TOPPS Tuesday morning. I am really determined to lose this weight.

I can see my hip bone when I lay on my side now. Tee hee. Belly looks more like a volley ball instead of a basket ball. I love making all these, new or rather old, discoveries about myself. My waistline in the back keeps moving around.

I have been dieting for forever and finally lost a size. :hyper: It really inspires me to continue. I'm 73 with an up coming birthday in May.

I gained a pound last week but my weight is shifting around. Remember to keep that protein up. I don't count carbs, I just Atkins 72, with berries. I don't like meats much and I don't like fat on meats. I do love butter and cheez. Last night, I munched baby dill pickles. Just because I was bored. :lol:

Chanteyl
Tue, Mar-03-15, 16:15
TOPPS canceled because of snow. :mad:

I'm feeling down, or cabin fever, sick of winter cold and snow. Would like to be able to go somewhere. It was warmer today but snowed like crazy.

Dreaming of a surf and turf dinner anywhere but at home.

jmh6251
Tue, Mar-03-15, 21:04
Well like I posted in the general forum it has been forever since I have posted anything. It's better if I keep up with it because it keeps me motivated. Have hit quite a plateau, my weight haven't budged for awhile. Part of what happens I guess.

It gets discouraging but I have to realize this is a lifetime commitment not necessarily a diet.

I came from Michigan so I understand completely what you are going thru Chanteyl.

That is awesome news myrt, that must be such a relief. We had a beautiful day here today too N2L, my heart goes out to the folks in the other part of the country. Hope everyone has a good night

Chanteyl
Thu, Mar-05-15, 03:57
Gained a pound, but I feel like I lost weight. Big huge areas of my body are suddenly gone overnight. I love Atkins 72. I am eating blackberries and blueberries half a cup every other day.

Chanteyl
Fri, Mar-06-15, 14:47
I forgot to mention berries are one of the last rungs on Atkins. I have been on Atkins for years. Don't want some newbie on induction thinking they could just start adding berries. On Atkins 72 after 2 week induction you add 5 carbs every week with berries several months out. It took me over a year before I was able to eat them.

Still can't eat bread yet. It still sets off all kinds of craves.

Woo Hoo, I have a waist from the front now. Ughly belly still, but a lot of it is gone now.

Chanteyl
Sat, Mar-07-15, 06:21
I can picture my fat, all scared and shaking, because I'm going after it now and I'm deadly serious it's time for it to die. :lol:

One stab is diet, one stab is recording, one stab is determination or sticking with it, one stab is writing in my journal daily, and the last stab is exercise.

myrt4930
Sun, Mar-08-15, 20:41
Last week W came to town and we did the taxes together. I was really sweatin' it because all the withholding was out of his checks. He could have filed by himself and gotten a big refund. He only said one nasty thing so that was pretty good. This week he's playing mind games telling me my car insurance is going to be cancelled. I thought maybe it was true and went down to the insurance office. I'm not going to answer his calls anymore.
I hurt my right foot---strained a tendon and muscle---at PT last Wed. so I took it easy this week end. I did go swimming yesterday and keep walking the dog. Did absolutely nothing but church and taking care of the dog today. myrt

Chanteyl
Wed, Mar-11-15, 08:59
I have not spoke a word to my x since we got the divorce. I walk right past him with out looking at him. I have my lawyer call his lawyer when I need to. My X likes to push me around and tell me what to do. :nono:

That was the best part of the divorce for me. Not having to listen to him anymore. I now have the right to do things the wrong way. :lol:

Chanteyl
Sat, Mar-14-15, 08:16
Myrt- good girl, that's your job now, taking care of you and your puppy. Feel's nice to me. ;) No more, have to do this, should be doing that, or better get the mess cleaned up before he get's home.

I also love cleaning the house in the middle of the night when I'm wide awake and letting it go when I'm suddenly sleepy.

These last few pounds are really hard again. I'm getting anxious about them. I want them gone.

myrt4930
Sat, Mar-14-15, 19:43
You're right about not talking to him. He doesn't have a lawyer but that's his problem. According to him he came out smelling like a rose over totaling the Suburban and the other RV. Whether he did or not I really don't care. The way I look at it he's the loser because he's crazy and so unhappy and keeps trying to make me miserable. I pray about not saying nasty things back to him---revenge hasn't worked in the past so I don't think it will work now. My motto is kill your enemies with kindness because it drives them nuts.
Weighed 133.2 this morning so I'm trying not to be scared about not gaining my weight back but I can't take being at my goal for granted. I bought some new clothes today to wear to church...now if I can just have the guts to wear them. Maybe not tomorrow...maybe next week. myrt

never2late
Sat, Mar-14-15, 20:13
I am so proud of you girls.
I'm not losing or gaining.
I can go forever without eating, no hunger.
Eat because body needs food to function.
But after the first bite I could eat anything and everything.
Then still want more.
It's like I'm searching for something to satisfy me.
I go through spells where I will eat the same thing for days.
I ate the same meal for probably 7 years without wanting anything else.
Wish I could find that meal again.
N2L

Chanteyl
Sun, Mar-15-15, 11:51
Myrt -- Did you read the article in the media thread about falling in love makes you make a hormone and they are testing it as a nasal spray on men, and finding that it makes them eat less food. Is there something you want to tell us about B? :lol: Seriously though, I can't believe how fast you are losing the weight. Maybe you could join the maintainance thread? to help keep you your new weight. I plan to do that. I don't want any re-gains this time.

I used to drop weight whenever I broke up with someone, years ago. I think it could be just not being miserable all the time. Worrying about pleasing them. I'm a lot easier to please, than any boyfriend or husband ever was. :p

Chanteyl
Thu, Mar-19-15, 08:51
Hit all time low of 124.2 and I feel so good. No more age excuses, yes it is harder but it can be done at 73 years old. I went online and kept changing my way of eating around and it worked. I got rid of some of the last few sluggish pounds. :hyper: This is me dancing.

Now, the hard part, not gaining it back.

Chanteyl
Fri, Mar-20-15, 09:21
Gained back to 127.6. I am devastated. :help:

Going to try for induction, if I can remember how. I will have to go to the
Atkins 72 thread to find it.

myrt4930
Fri, Mar-20-15, 21:35
Chanteyl---Probably water gain and it'll come right back off. Don't worry about it. Congratulations on hitting your goal. Fantastic! Yahooo! Superb!!! You got rid of that last rollllll--hehehe.
Was 4# under goal at WW yesterday. Sorry, no love between B and I.
N2L---You're gonna get to goal. I just hope Chanteyl and I can keep our weight off so we can be on maintenance together. woot woot woot, myrt

never2late
Sat, Mar-21-15, 01:59
Myrt--Love not needed, support for your doctor trips is, nice to have a meal with someone.
You don't need a man right now, just a good friend.
Chanteyl--Agree with Myrt, it was too quick a gain.
Water weight sounds about right.
I've continued to have problem with swallowing.
After losing the food from choking I then become very bloated.
I don't just lose the bite that I choke on, it's my whole meal.
Yet not losing weight.
If I was purging or an anorexic I'd be pencil thin.
Not so, but I so want to get to goal with the rest of you.
Finally finished up taxes tonight, had all the numbers, just hadn't plugged them into forms on the computer.
Now to get a stamp on it and to the post office.
N2L

Chanteyl
Sun, Mar-22-15, 04:30
Discovered a quart of ice cream and fell in, but I lost a little today so it was a water weight gain. I had a grapefruit it tasted so good. I need to look up the carb count on them. I know, I eat strange meals. :lol:

N2L- Did you go to the Dr about the swallowing? I wonder if its a stress reaction? Have no fear I will be here forever as long as I can afford internet service. I've been gaining not losing.

Myrt - I'm going to have to pay at TOPS. You have to pay if you have a gain. It was change so I don't think I pay very much. Sigh, I have no willpower at all.

Chanteyl
Mon, Mar-23-15, 13:54
Induction is so-o-o hard to get back on. I almost made it today. It was very close. I will just keep trying. :heart: :rose:

Chanteyl
Fri, Mar-27-15, 16:36
Another day of not making it. Sigh :exclm: :( :bash: :cry: :stop:

New day tomorrow. :rose: For hope.

never2late
Fri, Mar-27-15, 17:51
I've been craving ice cream.
Wonder if body just needs it.
I've gained rather than lost.
Try to stay low carb but just keep gaining.
Now that I'm able to walk some hope it gets better.

myrt4930
Fri, Mar-27-15, 19:50
Do you know why you vomit and choke? I've never heard of that.
I was under my goal when getting weighed yesterday so that feels great. I am eating some desserts and keep thinking 5 or 10 pounds will come back overnight. I know in my head it won't happen but my emotions don't believe it.
I felt lonesome and out of sorts at suppertime this evening but I got over it. I baked beef ribs for supper. I bought a NY strip steak and some meat bones at the meat market today. It tastes so much better than the grocery store meat. The beef ribs I cooked tonight were really good even though they came from the grocery store.
We had 1 3/4" rain earlier this week and we all appreciate that moisture so much.
My cleaning lady didn't make it today as she got caught in traffic in San Antonio. Suppose she'll make it one day next week.

bugujo
Sat, Mar-28-15, 09:01
Come on Chanteyl, you can do this.

N2L, I hope you figure out what is causing the swallowing problems.

Myrt, I used to go to TOPS years ago. My mother just started back for the umpteenth time and wants me to start going with her. The group she started going to meets on Thurs morns and we used to attend a Tues pm one. I may start after I am done working in May.

I am taking early retirement, I couldn't pass up the offer. I turned 55 in Nov but don't plan to pull from my pension fund. I am looking for work in a variety of places. I still have some good years in front of me. However, I was getting burnt out where I was after 12 years. I was planning to leave anyways, so the buyout came at a good time.

I have been MIA for a while now and haven't been tracking food or weight on MFP. I decided to get started again. So, I weighed today at 201 which still gives me a total loss of 59.4 lbs. But, I basically have been staying the same for about 6 months now. Time to kick it in gear.

Sarada
Sat, Mar-28-15, 17:15
Welcome home Bug. Hope you had a nice time.

I think I need to start sleeping better. I sleep in the daytime and I'm awake all night. Don't know how to get out of this cycle.

I have the same problem. I'm going to try Melatonin to see if it helps.

Chanteyl
Sun, Mar-29-15, 10:12
Sara--Is melatonin a vitamin, or a prescription? Where can I get it?

Bug--Omg, you are very close to onderland. How can you stand being so close and not going nuts to get way below so it is way in your rearview mirror. 190's or better yet 180's. Get back to us, and get cute for your retirement, when you have the time to enjoy your life. :wave:

N2l--Have you gone to a Doctor for the swallowing problem, I don't like it at all? Have you gone to another Doctor for it. Maybe, get a second opionian? I can't spell but I am really worried about you not being able to swallow.

never2late
Sun, Mar-29-15, 15:20
I know what causes throat problem.
It's a combination of three things.
Costs money to keep up with it which I don't have right now.

Nice sunny day here, especially since they predicted snow.
Cold and not inviting to be outside, but looks good through the window.

Wow, was impressed with all the ladies posting since I last visited here.

I'm a night owl also, but also up off and on during the day.
N2L

Chanteyl
Thu, Apr-02-15, 18:49
I was on the internet looking at violet eye contacts again. :rheart: I want some really bad, but I'm afraid they would hurt. I've never wore contacts before. Plus I have astigmatism. Maybe I should just set up a Dr appointment and ask, Duh. The contacts are only about 40 dollars. I have seen real people wearing the leaf green and they are stunning.

I would need to lose enough to get into the purple jeans I have. I will buy a new top and shoes to match. A new hair color, and a perm. :lol: A reward system in place already.

never2late
Sat, Apr-04-15, 17:00
Wishing all a blessed Easter or Passover Season.
No plans here, but might want to eat something special.
How about you and your plans?
N2L

Chanteyl
Sun, Apr-05-15, 06:33
Happy Easter N2L I have a T-bone steak, green beans and HB eggs for my dinner tonight. I'm going to take it easy today. :yum: :yum:

We have Easter Sunday snow here, so I'm not going out. :lol:

never2late
Sun, Apr-05-15, 15:11
Had sausage and egg for breakfast.
DH will have a chef salad for his dinner.
I stopped at son's house to give him an Easter card.
He was so sick with allergies so gave him mine and I'll find something else to eat.
It has turned into a beautiful day here.
Looks like we will be in the 80s mid week with rain.
N2L

Chanteyl
Fri, Apr-10-15, 09:53
I signed up for some fun activities last night. Somehow they all involved a meal. :lol: Just don't know how that happened. They were plays and included eating afterward. Two of the plays were comedies about seniors.

I really am having fun now. When I was married, all I did was work around the house, or feel guilty for not doing it.

never2late
Fri, Apr-10-15, 12:37
You are so blossoming with happiness.
Your are not the same so unhappy Chanteyl I first met here.
It was rough going in the beginning, but you are getting your revenge in many healthy ways.
Love that you are enjoying life now.

Chanteyl
Tue, Apr-14-15, 06:41
I let one of my cleaning ladies go, but I'm doing a little better walking in the house. I feel stronger at least. I am doing a simple quick pickup to my house now. Going to TOPS this AM. :)

myrt4930
Tue, Apr-14-15, 16:01
How do you organize your quick pick up? I have a terrible time with clutter. Still not eating right and I have half a loaf of French bread on hand. Gave half of it away at least
Went to the pool today.

Chanteyl
Fri, Apr-17-15, 09:20
Myrt--Quick Pickup

Take care of dog & clean up me. AM only.

1.Dishes, 2. ? for dinner, 3. dump garbage, and 4. Laundry move it along one step.

Then 1 to 5 minutes max. quick pickup & put away in each room. Kitchen, living rm., bedroom, bathroom, and my office. (25 minutes maximum.)

Ta Da :lol:

If my house is a real pit and I'm home for the day, I run this quick pickup, after every meal and before bedtime. Maximum 4 times a day. Skipping rms. that are done.

bugujo
Sat, Apr-18-15, 12:26
I have been away for too long. Sorry about the hiatus. I just had to share that I participated in a 5K walk today and got 3rd place in women over 50. How cool is that? I just walked it and the other two either ran the whole thing or part of it. I wasn't even trying to place or anything and had thought of not putting on the "chip". It was rainy but luckily the rain has stopped long enough for the actual "run/walk" part of it and the awards ceremony.

never2late
Sat, Apr-18-15, 16:33
Vickie, that is wonderful.
Chanteyl, great idea.
Myrt, my house is not like it was 10 years ago. I
I just have had to let things go.
Finally am coming out of the fog a little and seeing things again.
It's not pretty.
Husband changed a lot during the time I was away and "not coming back"
Don't know what he was thinking.
Put the dining room cabinet in the kitchen.
Took a kitchen chair to basement.
Thinks dining room looks better with just the table.
The dining room, kitchen, kitchen nook, family room are all open to each other.
When I came back I was so irritated that I decided not to help with the house, even if I felt good.
I've been back a year now I think.
Need a house cleaning service to get it back to snuff before I could even tackle it.
But pick up like Chanteyl, I can do on some days and will try to do that.
Have too many clothes.
When I couldn't lift a laundry basket I'd just go buy something to wear instead.
Now finding that they aren't holding up very well since they were so cheap.
N2L

Chanteyl
Sun, Apr-19-15, 06:03
Vicki-That is so cool, that you would do something like that. And to come in third too! :yay:

N2L-All I needed was to care about the house a little and I'm coming out of my depression. I think it was having a little fun. I going to a play at the local college. It includes a dinner (not good for my diet). I can do as little cleaning as I want. Soot doesn't care. :)

bugujo
Sun, Apr-19-15, 11:12
Thanks everyone. It is a dreary day again today so we are laying around and taking it easy. Hubby is recovering from stomach bug and yesterday we watched Patch Adams on Netflix. Today, lounging around again.

Chanteyl
Sun, Apr-26-15, 06:40
Vicki- I just noticed how close you are to Onderland! OMG diet harder! Go girl, go.

N2l- My second cleaning lady just quit, so I don't have any help now. But, I'm going to try doing it all. I can't stay on my feet very long, but the lady that did the vacumning, usually only showed up here once a month. I would clean up any messes left by the dog. How dirty does one person get a carpet. She never vacumned the bedroom or office, only the living room.

If I can't do it, it's easy to just put an ad in the paper.

I just started to care about the house again. Everyone dying left me just not caring about anything. I don't need to shampoo the carpets, I need new ones. So I will save the money to buy new carpets and flooring.

bluesinger
Sun, Apr-26-15, 07:13
I wanted to drop by and say Hi. I'm 70. My history (don't worry, not all of it :) :
Atkins since 1972
Family history of diabetes (but Atkins has kept me from it)
Only pharma HRT
Arthritis in hands, knees and right hip joint
Some peripheral neuropathy
Before February 2015 - no weight loss in 6 years

I was eating LCHF but started a new plan in February - staying in ketosis and practicing intermittent fasting. I'm steadily losing, but now very slowly. I've lost 10 lbs. I test my blood glucose several times a day and rarely go above 100.

I'm happy to say that I have no more arthritis pain or neuropathy in feet. Doing all I can to reverse my insulin resistance.

The young ones don't seem to get how hard it is for us to lose. Maybe if they realized it, they wouldn't play around with gaining and losing and gaining it all back. The price, as I know, is very high 'cause I've done it myself. I have to stick to this the rest of my life.

never2late
Sun, Apr-26-15, 11:02
It is a cold day after the thunderstorms last night.
Of course it's dreary.
April showers bring May flowers.
Well, we must be going to have a lot of flowers because April has given us lots of rain and cloudy days.
All I want to do is curl up under a cozy blanket and read today.
Will watch the Richmond Nascar race that was rained out yesterday.
Glenda, welcome and hope you stick around.
Sometimes we have almost a dozen posting and then they slip away and it's just a now and then post from the few who just won't let this thread die.
Indeed with age comes health problems.
They add to the frustration of trying to keep weight lower.
They also add to the incentive to keep weight lower.

Hope everyone enjoys the blessed day.
N2L

myrt4930
Tue, Apr-28-15, 21:02
I tried to get back here sooner but I'm here now. Glad to see new people on here. I'm still at my goal and look in the mirror with unbelief. I didn't exercise today but did the gym and pool today. My foot is still sore but we walk a little extra. Pooh also gets her exercise fetching her squeak toy. When she gets tired she doesn't bring the toy back which works for me.
My left hand got an infection and I think it started with a couple of ant bites but no one knows for sure. It's pretty swelled and discolored but the sulfa the rheumy gave me has helped it improve. I need to stop a few minutes and put ice on it. Tomorrow I'll go to the gym.
N2L,, I don't know if you'll get this storm but our temp didn't even get up to 60* and tonight the low is going to be 45*. I took advantage of the low temp and bombed for bugs today. With the lower temp I didn't have to sit out in the yard with the dog for 3 hours or pay for doggie day care. It's going to be a little cooler until Friday. Wouldn't it be nice to have some cool days in August??
I had homemade veg beef soup tonight and it got me a little warmed up. B said he baked bread today. Maybe some time he'll bake some for me. Chanteyl keep on making those good plans for yourself as I think it's just great. Let's all think young. myrt

bugujo
Wed, Apr-29-15, 06:03
Myrt, I will try and think young :) Congrats on maintaining your goal.

N2L, now that retirement is happening (not done working though) and hubby and I are looking for total retirement in several years, we are looking to the great state of TN for retirement as a possibility since I have a son in TX and one in FL. We don't know where the rest of the clan will land, but for now TN seems the midway point.

Chanteyl
Thu, Apr-30-15, 07:59
I was thinking young and called about purple contacts and I can't get them because I have an astigmatism. I'm a little upset that I can't have purple eye contacts because of the way my lenses are shaped.

myrt4930
Thu, Apr-30-15, 15:26
My hand is a lot better than 2 days ago when I last posted. Most of the joints in that hand are still sore and I don't understand that.
I went to WW today just to check in and I'm up a pound which is OK with me except I'm slipping back into some of my old eating habits i.e. eating too much at night. Not a good sign.
Of course you can think young, Vicki; just act crazy like I do. If you have ADD that helps, too :lol:

Take care everybody. myrt

bugujo
Thu, Apr-30-15, 17:40
I don't think I have ADD; but then again . . .

jmh6251
Thu, May-07-15, 20:10
I've been gone awhile, Life just got busy.

I'm still plugging away I think I will have to look at what I'm eating and tweak it a bit. I haven't gained any weight, but really haven't lost that much. It gets a little frustrating, and makes you want to quit. I know that's never an answer.

Ran into a friend that does carpentry work and he is going to help us with our kitchen redo. I think kitchen and painting this year, new floors next year.

I'll try and get back here more often. I have really neglected my journal

myrt4930
Thu, May-07-15, 22:32
Got my weight on my profile changed but the rest isn't exactly complete. I like that percentage complete or progress. Today I had so much fun. I bought $35 worth of clothes at 2 thrift stores and have most of them laundered. I got a linen skirt and linen capri pants. Never had linen before but have wanted some for years.

MuddyGurl
Thu, May-07-15, 23:15
HI all..new old person here.

I was feeling bad that I could not longer do even the 45 minutes brisk walks I had been doing for the last 15 years with my dogs. After a 2009 car accident causing permanent leg injury I slowed down for a while, then a stroke in 2013 impacted the same right leg, weakening me further.

Now with a great LCHF diet that is allowing me to finally lose weight..easily…with satiety, and PLEASURE I was still worried over getting enough exercise.

Then I read the reports in Volek & Phinney's book on "Art of Low Carb Performance" stated precisely that MORE than 60 continuous minutes of endurance exercise for the obese SLOWS the fat burning metabolism by 5-15%!!!

How about that? work yourself hard for over an hour and you go backwards..

So the message is DO WHAT YOU CAN, in under an hour, or break your exercise into two 25 minute, or three 15-20 minute segments and truly enjoy the benefits of your efforts. NO MORE GUILT.

jmh6251
Fri, May-08-15, 09:42
Welcome Muddygurl, I can see where they are coming from with the exercise. I know myself personally I do 25 mins in the AM and then 25 mins in the PM. I can't kick and clap anymore (LOL).

I'm glad your hand is better Myrt, and that you got your weight profile changed. It is so easy to slip back into old habits. sometimes we do it without thinking.

I'm doing all right. I stayed totally on track yesterday, even got some walking in. My DH finally retired so we can eat earlier, that might help me. So far today I have only had my Bullet Proof coffee. I might boil a couple of eggs, I haven't decided yet. Still suffering from pain, but I got it so it is manageable.

Sorry to hear about the contacts Chanteyl. But you will have to find a way to stay feeling young. It is important.