PDA

View Full Version : Jennies Exercise Journal

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jennie64
Fri, May-31-02, 07:19
Alright, time to get more serious with the exercise. I keep starting and stopping.
I'm going to try to keep doing the Walk Away the Pounds videos, I like those, so hopefully it'll stick.
Did the one mile walk on Wen., thought it was too easy but I got pretty sore by evening. We also did a fast walk on our lunch break at work, just short of a mile.
Thursday I did the one mile walk again. A bit sore, but it went pretty good.

AngelaR
Fri, May-31-02, 11:19
Hi Jennie. It's great to see another new person start a gym log. I'm fairly new myself, and also alternate walking with weight training.

Walking is great exercise, especailly if you can do it out of doors instead of on a treadmill. It keeps things interesting.

Good luck on settling into a regular routine of exercise!

SlimShAdY
Fri, May-31-02, 15:42
Hey I just started my gym log also.. So I just wanted to wish ya luck! :roll:

Jennie64
Fri, May-31-02, 20:15
Today I did my walking video again...it also uses hand weights, and my shoulders are kinda sore today. The video goes for 18 minutes or so, hopefully that's enough to start with.
Also walked on my lunch break, one mile pretty fast.
Tomorrow maybe I'll try the 2 mile video....
Good luck to you guys too,
Jennie

Jennie64
Tue, Jun-04-02, 22:44
Just kept my walking at work through the weekend. We usually do a pretty fast mile before we eat lunch.
I did the WAP 2 mile video today, alot harder for me then the 1 mile. Felt pretty good though.
Well, I've done some exercise every day now for a week or so, maybe I'll keep it up this time.
You know what's wierd though? I can't make myself do it in front of my boyfriend, not sure why, guess I just don't want to look silly. So the weekends are harder to get it in for me, good thing we walk at work.
See ya,
Jennie
:wave:

Jennie64
Wed, Jun-05-02, 20:23
I've done the 2 mile WAP tape 2 days in a row, and I'm still alive....kinda.
Jennie

Jennie64
Thu, Jun-06-02, 08:10
I also ended up doing a 30 minute Denise Austen video last night with my daughter, she wanted to see it and try. It's harder for me then the walking tapes.
But.....I made it through the whole thing for the first time, so something's working! Tired legs this morning though.
Jennie
:D

Jennie64
Thu, Jun-06-02, 21:05
Today we walked 1 mile at work, fast pace. At home I did the 2 mile WAP video. I'm tired...sore legs, but not too bad.
Jennie

Jennie64
Fri, Jun-07-02, 23:01
Did the 2 mile WAP video, and walked half a mile on lunch break....it started raining. Oh well, not too bad.
Not as sore today, either.
Jennie

Jennie64
Sat, Jun-08-02, 21:15
Day Off!!!

Jennie64
Sun, Jun-09-02, 23:23
Walked two miles.

Jennie64
Mon, Jun-10-02, 17:24
Did my 2 mile Walk Away the Pound video.
I think I'll try the 3 mile tomorrow, getting pretty used to the 2 mile one.
Jennie
:cool:

Jennie64
Thu, Jun-13-02, 07:25
6/11
Did my 2 mile WAP video, and walked 1 mile on my lunch break.

Jennie64
Thu, Jun-13-02, 07:29
I finally tried the 3 mile WAP video. It sure seems alot longer then the 2 mile, even though I know it's only about 15 minutes more. I liked it though, my son did it with me. I passed on the hand weights, I like to do them a few times first before I add that. My son's doing them too now, he likes the muscle in my arms. He's 12 years old, don't know if he'll do it more then a few times, but it's nice to have someone else sweating with you!!!!
Jennie

Jennie64
Fri, Jun-14-02, 07:36
No exercise thursday. It was way too hot, and had to go to my sons baseball game last night. Lazy day.
Jennie

Jennie64
Fri, Jun-14-02, 17:58
Did the 2 mile WAP video...maybe do something else later tonight. I tried a exercise show that I had taped, but didn't like it. It did like 8 minutes cardio, then a little bit of weights, and then some yoga. And a bunch of comercials....Oh well, I'll just stick to the ones I have right now. Seem to be helping a bit.
Jennie
:roll:

Jennie64
Sat, Jun-15-02, 16:27
2 mile WAP video.

Jennie64
Mon, Jun-17-02, 20:06
Did 2 miles each of these days...

AngelaR
Tue, Jun-18-02, 18:07
Howdy! Thought it was time to pop in and see how you were doing...and from what I see it looks like you are doing great! You're putting a lot of effort and time into it. Do you like how it feels? Have you noticed a difference in your energy level since exercising regularly?

Keep up that sweating! :thup:

Jennie64
Tue, Jun-18-02, 20:01
I do notice alot more energy the days I do my exercise. I can't say it's quite habit yet, but when I don't get it done in the morning I feel like it's hanging over me all day.
I'm starting to think about adding some different things other then the videos. The walk away the pounds tapes do use weights, but I'd like to start something a bit more challenging. Still just an idea though.
I had another woosh recently. I've lost 5 pounds in the last week and a half, which I really wasn't trying to do. I guess from the exercise??? Haven't changed anything else. I look good right now, but if I lose much more I'll be too skinny, and I don't want that. Doesn't look too good.
Thanks for checking in,
Jennie

Jennie64
Tue, Jun-18-02, 20:57
2 mile WAP video....again.....
Jennie

Jennie64
Fri, Jun-21-02, 19:57
1 mile fast walk on my lunch break today.

Jennie64
Sat, Jun-22-02, 10:42
2 mile WAP tape...will walk 1 mile on my lunch break at work today.

Jennie64
Thu, Jun-27-02, 20:44
I've still been doing my WAP videos, just get tired of posting the same thing every day. We've also still been walking on our lunch break at work, usually 1 mile in 15-18 minutes or so.
Tonight I did a Denise Austin Fat Blasting video...I think I'm gonna die!!! Much harder then the WAP, but I made it through the whole thing. Hate to see what I feel like tomorrow though...
Jennie

AngelaR
Fri, Jun-28-02, 05:49
Nice to see you still around. I hear you when you say it gets boring posting the same thing every day. You might want to try posting (like you did in your last post) how you feel after a workout. It helps to show how you are progressing. You'll be pleased whenyou read over old posts and see how far you've come.

Just out of curiosity, where are you buying exercise videos. We've never been big (movie) video purchasers, so I'm clueless on this. The last 2 workout videos I bought at blockbuster, but their selection was terrible. Do places like Walmart sell exercise videos?

Jennie64
Fri, Jun-28-02, 08:33
I'm soooo sore this morning. Denise Austin is mean!!! But I guess that means I used some muscle I haven't been using, and I'll loosen up a bit at work today.
I got my videos at Fred Meyers, mostly because that's where I do my grocery shopping. The set of WAP tapes were only 16, which is pretty good for all three of them, and the Denise Austin was 9.99. Those'll keep me busy for awhile I guess.
I'm thinking of just alternating days with them since the WAP are so much easier. I'm wondering if they'll do much good in the long run.
Today will be a day off of exercise for sure, though.....
Jennie
:rolleyes:

Jennie64
Mon, Jul-01-02, 21:39
Still alive and at it. Did the Denise Austin Fatburning Blast video tonight...it's still kicking my butt, but I can make it through the whole thing now without feeling like I'm going to die.
I'm starting to show some muscle in my legs!!! I'm so happy, and it gives more incentive to stick to it. I've actually left home in shorts a few times and didn't feel uncomfortable.
I'm going to try doing the Denise Austin video Mon, Wed, and Fridays, and my WAP tapes the other days, with Sunday off....I'll see how it goes.
Been lazy the last couple of days, I was pretty sore.
Jennie
:wiggle:

Jennie64
Fri, Jul-05-02, 09:50
I have a new resolve to stick to exercise. Last night we went out to see some fireworks, and had quite a walk from where we parked to get down to the waterfront.
Usually walking back I have a horrible time, since it's all uphill. Last night I had NO problem. I didn't even realize until my BF pointed it out. He was all out of breath, and his legs were hurting...and he noticed I was just walking normal. I usually would have to take a rest part way up, and would get mad at him if he went too fast.
So now I know firsthand what a difference exercise really makes!!! Cool!!!
So, here I come, Denise Austin!!!
Jennie