PDA

View Full Version : For Runners & wannabe Runners ....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Janice
Wed, May-29-02, 08:19
If you're looking for motivation and inspiration, go and rent "The Long Run". It's a fantastic movie (I think it's South African) about an ultra-marathoner, I just watched it for the second time.

Makes you wanna lace up your shoes and run out the door!

Anyone else seen it?

Janice

mmoranmic
Wed, May-29-02, 11:04
Hi Janice,
I've never seen it but it sounds interesting. Maybe my local Blockbuster has it, I'll have to check. I tape and watch the ECo Challenge (adventure race) and it inspires me a lot. If those people can keep moving for 4-7 days, I can do it for a day or two.

I am so grateful for the fact that I am able to get out and move and I love to see others out there too. Life is Good!

Take Care,
Maureen

Straboy
Fri, May-31-02, 11:02
Hi Janice

<b>Better be good, I've just ordered it!!!!</b>

I also think 'Chariots of fire' is great and 'Forest Gump' for inspirational running scenes.

Cheers

:roll: Straboy :roll:

Straboy
Sun, Nov-17-02, 05:19
Just to give some feedback on the Long Run. It was one of the worst films I have ever watched. The acting was dreadful.

I never got inspired for even one nano-second :mad: :thdown: :( :exclm:

Oh, well cant win them all.