PDA

View Full Version : Today's Dr. Oz - The Wheatbelly Diet

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Stacy52
Thu, Jan-30-14, 08:01
Plus Dr. Oz will be putting on a fat suit and walking around the city looking like a 400 pound man. I am not a fan of Dr. Oz but I will be tuning in for this show.

Stacy

WereBear
Thu, Jan-30-14, 08:02
Well, that's big of him.

Stacy52
Thu, Jan-30-14, 08:02
Haha good one!

Stacy

Stacy52
Thu, Jan-30-14, 08:23
Wow Dr Oz was just on Channel 5 News promoting today's show and he was enthusiastically promoting the merits of going wheat free and the Wheatbelly diet whereas when Dr Davis was on his show last year he wasn't very kind to him, I thought, and scoffed a little regarding the Wheatbelly book.

Dr Oz has spent so many years crediting the wonderful health benefits of whole wheat bread and pasta that this is such a nice breath of fresh air.

Stacy

MandalayVA
Thu, Jan-30-14, 08:27
This guy jumps on every bandwagon so I would take his sudden wheat-bad position with an extremely large grain of salt.

Stacy52
Thu, Jan-30-14, 08:37
I agree but many women think he is the end all be all of info. I personally know 3 women that would finally try my WOE if Dr Oz approved it. Sad but true. With my Sister in law it's like banging my head against a wall. Yet she wants what I have but won't even try to give up the almighty bread.

Stacy

Seejay
Thu, Jan-30-14, 09:01
I hope his fat suit weighs enough so he's carrying around an actual 400 pounds. It would be fun if he does some work.

I wouldn't turn him on with a 10 foot pole.

RawNut
Thu, Jan-30-14, 10:21
Nora Gedgaudas is taping a segment about brain health for the show tomorrow. I don't know when it will air. He's come along way since he had Taubes on.

RawNut
Thu, Jan-30-14, 10:24
I hope his fat suit weighs enough so he's carrying around an actual 400 pounds. It would be fun to hear if he does some work.

I wouldn't turn him on with a 10 foot pole.

I don't think he has the muscle mass required to carry 400 lbs around. It would be fun to see him try though.

leemack
Thu, Jan-30-14, 10:31
I don't think he has the muscle mass required to carry 400 lbs around. It would be fun to see him try though.

I was watching a show a few months ago when a British doctor put on weighted fat suit (though not a 400lb suit) and tried to exercise - it completely turned him around (at least for that show) on encouraging obese people to do lots of exercise.

Cleome
Thu, Jan-30-14, 14:54
Dr. Oz came out in support of Dr. Perlmutter back in October 2013 (repeated around Christmas time). He may just be reading the current shift in the winds, but it still is a positive thing.

(http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/do-carbs-cause-alzheimers)Do Carbs Cause Alzheimer's? (http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/do-carbs-cause-alzheimers)

Stacy52
Thu, Jan-30-14, 15:18
Hey I didnt realize Dr Davis was going to be on too.

patriciakr
Thu, Jan-30-14, 15:45
This guy jumps on every bandwagon so I would take his sudden wheat-bad position with an extremely large grain of salt.
Now where is that "I like this post" button?? :thup:

mike_d
Thu, Jan-30-14, 20:17
Link? I know I could just look it up, but I am too lazy.

JEY100
Fri, Jan-31-14, 08:22
Video now up: http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/wheat-belly-diet-lose-wheat-lose-weight

kjs1775
Fri, Jan-31-14, 08:47
Thanks Janet!

deirdra
Fri, Jan-31-14, 19:44
I can't stand how Oz takes women by the hand and walks them across the stage like they are 5 yr olds going to their first day at school. I've never seen him do that with male audience members or guests.

RawNut
Fri, Jan-31-14, 20:01
I can't stand how Oz takes women by the hand and walks them across the stage like they are 5 yr olds going to their first day at school. I've never seen him do that with male audience members or guests.

I don't think I've ever seen a male audience member called to come down to the stage at all.

Seejay
Sat, Feb-01-14, 09:45
I can't stand how Oz takes women by the hand and walks them across the stage like they are 5 yr olds going to their first day at school. I've never seen him do that with male audience members or guests.Why do you keep watching him? He gets money from you watching, whether or not you can stand it.

Atrsy
Mon, Feb-03-14, 17:39
Oz is like a giant informercial. He touts so many supplements that you wouldn't have room for food if you listened to him. He is also promoting anything we read elsewhere, but the next week he will contradict himself with another program. He may be a cardiologist, but he doesn't know much about general medicine.

RawNut
Mon, Feb-03-14, 19:36
Nora will be on tomorrow, Tuesday. It's about food sensitivities and not brain health as I'd originally thought.