PDA

View Full Version : Non Cook Wanting Better Health

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sewdallas
Sun, Jan-19-14, 20:02
I'm just getting started and am excited about getting healthier and thinner. I think my biggest challenge will be preparing my own meals because I have been a non-cook for many years and depended on packaged food and fast food. I believe the results will be worth it and am looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Nancy LC
Sun, Jan-19-14, 21:32
Absolutely! If you can, start watching the "Good Eats" videos. They're a fun and entertaining way to learn to cook.

Here's a fan page that can get you started: http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/GEFP/index.htm

There are some great low carb cookbooks and certainly tons of excellent recipes in this forum.

ImOnMyWay
Mon, Jan-20-14, 00:34
While you're learning to cook, here are a few ideas:

Available at grocery stores:

Pre-cooked Rotisserie chickens
Pre-cut Raw veggie platters
Salad bars
Bagged, pre-washed lettuce mixes
Cold cuts
Cheese
Sardines
Frozen or refrigerated pre-cooked meats
Pre-cooked bacon
Frozen veggies

Easy to make at home:
Canned tuna with mayonnaise
Canned chicken with mayonnaise
Hard boiled eggs with butter or mayo

HTH

Elizellen
Mon, Jan-20-14, 07:31
Welcome to the board, "Soon to be cook with better health" :wave:

It sounds as if you have a great Atkins Attitude and will soon be at home with this way of eating!! :thup:

Sewdallas
Mon, Jan-20-14, 22:24
Thank you all for your help. Your suggestions will help me to stay on track.