PDA

View Full Version : Omg I Found Lo-carb Icecream!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Reymi_VZ
Sat, May-25-02, 04:25
I really pity my friends who were shopping with me because all I could say for around 20 mins was "Carboydrate Modified Icecream!"

Found it at a very large Woolworths. For those on the Gold Coast, it was the one at Robina - so it might also be at Harbour Town (haven't checked there yet).

It is Peter's Brand, with 3.9g Carbo's per 100ml. Comes in a 2l tub, white with green top. Cost a little under $4 I think... though I didn't really care, I was too busy repeating my mantra Carboydrate Modified Icecream!"

Tastes like soft serve! Vanilla was the only flavour I found.

Good luck guys hope you find it at a store near you!

Luv

R

Rosebud
Sun, May-26-02, 01:26
G'day, Rey.

Did you enjoy it? I worry that I'd want to eat more than 100mL but if I see it I still might give it a try. Maybe... :D
Can you enter it into our Low Carb Yellow Pages please, mate? They're on the right hand side of the screen. I've only just discovered this nifty feature and I think we should all add stuff to it when we can.

Roz

karen 106
Sun, Aug-04-02, 01:17
Thanks for finding this ice-cream. I'm certainly gonna try this to help with my sweet tooth. See we really can start to eat normal again. :daze:

Cheers
Karen. :D

karen 106
Sun, Aug-04-02, 01:24
Thanks for finding this ice-cream. I'm certainly gonna try this to help with my sweet tooth. See we really can start to eat normal again. :daze:

Cheers
Karen. :D

Reymi_VZ
Sun, Aug-04-02, 03:16
No worries! I hope you like it.

I have also found it in Coles - usually down the very bottom of their ice cream section. It sells for around $5.50 from Coles.

Happy Lo-Carbing.

Rey

karen 106
Sun, Aug-04-02, 03:36
Thanks for replying shall check out coles. I've been reading alot around this forum and have a few items I've gotta check out now thanks to all who post messages here.

Can you tell me why my messages seem to be appearing twice on the board? Or am I just seeing double for some reason.?

Cheers.
Karen. :spin: :roll: :daze:

Reymi_VZ
Tue, Aug-06-02, 02:07
Posts appear twice becuase your proxy server goes out of sync. It will say something like - page unable to load or something - so you go back and repost only to see two posts.

Happens to everyone every now and then.

karen 106
Tue, Aug-06-02, 02:44
hey there :wave:

Thanks for the answer to my question about posting twice. I guess there is nothing I can do about it.

I found the ice-cream you talked about and can't wait to try some tonight. Also found the pork crackling and its got zero carbs and zero sugar. A nice treat. :thup:

Going really well as this is the beginning of my 2nd week. First week I lost 2.4kgs. Nice to see on the scales. :)

Cheers.
Karen.

Reymi_VZ
Wed, Aug-07-02, 02:58
Did you like the icecream???

I haven't bought any for a while as I need to defrost my freezer first.... Truth is I want to NOT defrost my freezer more than I want icecream.

I am sure as summer rolls round though that will change.

Rey

karen 106
Wed, Aug-07-02, 03:21
Yes I like the ice cream but have to be strong not to eat toooo much of it. :thup:
100 ml is about 1 scoop. I made sure I measured it out properly.
Since trying new things like the icecream, cream, pork crackle and strawberries I've gone out of ketosis. I was in moderate and now I'm back to trace. Does this matter. :q:

Still it hasn't made me want to give it up I've just kept on going. Into my 2nd week now.

This group is great and been alot of help for me.

Thanks.
Karen. :daze: :roll:

LucyCL
Fri, Aug-09-02, 17:41
Well I have looked in a few Coles + Woollies but can't find this famous ice cream. Rey, what colour container is it in? What size etc???

I really want to try this!

Lucy

karen 106
Fri, Aug-09-02, 18:17
Hi Lucy, :wave:

I live in Brisbane and I guess the containers would all be the same. I found mine in woollies supermarket. It is in a white container with a lime green lid. Peters - Nestle it has on the lid and it says carbohydrate modified vanilla 2 litres and is about $5.30. 3.9g carbs per 100ml which is just about one scoop. :cool:

Hope you can find it now. I had trouble finding it at first because for some reason I was looking for a green container. lol

Happy L.Carbing. :spin: :roll: :daze:

Cheers.
Karen.

Rosebud
Fri, Aug-09-02, 18:39
Hi Lucy, not all supermarkets have it. The two Coles' I go to don't keep it, but I have seen it in Woolies. Haven't bought it yet - I'm too scared I'll eat it all at once! :p (Not joking!)

Hi Karen, haven't seen your journal yet. ;)
To answer your earlier question, going from moderate to trace ketosis does not matter. Ketosis is like pregnancy - you either are or you're not! :D In fact, it's recommended that you show a trace rather than more, because otherwise it can mean you are not drinking enough water.
Not that I worry about the %$%^# ketostix - peeing on a stick is not something I enjoy! Losing the weight is the best indicator to me.

Cheers.
Roz

LucyCL
Mon, Aug-19-02, 04:37
Well there I was in Bilo getting bacon - by the ton - & I had a quick look in the freezer and there it was!!
It is good! I had a taste of conventional vanilla ice cream the other day and it was waaaay too sweet! I had a small amount of the locarb one this evening with strawberries - made a nice change from Mock Danish:)

All I need to do now is either find a recipe for locarb chocolate sauce or buy some - if it exists of course!

Bye for now

Lucy

Rosebud
Mon, Aug-19-02, 13:36
Originally posted by LucyCL

All I need to do now is either find a recipe for locarb chocolate sauce or buy some - if it exists of course!

Hi Lucy, just say that word "chocolate" and my ears prick up immediately! :p
Try this recipe: http://thor.prohosting.com/~nwalshg/archives/cdsauce.htm

Cheers,
Roz

LucyCL
Mon, Aug-19-02, 14:02
Thanks Roz - Of course I could have waded through many recipes - but I was hoping that if I asked soemone would give me a recipe!
Guess what I will be whipping up today:)

Lucy

Karina
Fri, Nov-15-02, 07:51
Hi everyone I'm in Sydney also Lucycl and I have looked in my woolies and coles and I can't find this ice-cream....which Bilo did u find it at???

Karina

:(

LucyCL
Sat, Nov-16-02, 22:17
I bought it in Castle Hill. Funnily enough, when we were on Magnetic Island for our holdiay - they had it there:):)
Karina, whereabouts are you?

Lucy

Karina
Sat, Nov-16-02, 22:31
Hi Lucy,

I'm at Winston Hills so Castle Hill is only a stone throw away....to be honest I didn't realised they had Bi Lo at Castle Hill so I will go searching......
Thanks for the info....and keep up the good work!

:wave: Karina

LucyCL
Sat, Nov-16-02, 22:34
Yep Bilo is at Castle Towers downstairs.
I bougt the ice cream there a while ago - so I dont know if they still have it. Happy searching:)

Karina
Sun, Nov-17-02, 03:45
I will go looking now...thanks so much......I really appreciate it!!

Karina

;)

eebee
Fri, Nov-29-02, 05:39
Does anyone have a recipe for low carb ice cream? I have an ice cream maker that is gathering dust!

EEBEE

Rosebud
Fri, Nov-29-02, 05:53
Hi Eebee,

Have you checked the "Sweet Treats" section of our kitchen forum? I'm sure I've seen icecream recipes there. The only thing I remember is that they go rock hard unless you add some alcohol.

Cheers.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

princess_K
Fri, Nov-29-02, 20:11
I had a look at Woolies at Robina and couldn't find it :(

Will have to look in Coles next time I am shopping..

Karen

eebee
Fri, Nov-29-02, 20:43
Thanks Rosebud I have now checked it and there are lots of wondeful recipes there. So my ice cream maker is back in the freezer and tomorrow I will make some.

eebee :yum:

TubbyTummy
Tue, Dec-03-02, 18:53
I shall follow up the ice-cream (I am in Melbourne). However, I am not clear about the type of sweetener it has. I would be pleased if someone could tell me.

nichoaus
Tue, Dec-03-02, 20:00
Greens make Icecream Cupcakes which are only 2g of carbs per cupcake! I got them from Coles in the cakemix section (with the kids ones)