PDA

View Full Version : Swollen breasts

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sheila_K
Fri, May-24-02, 05:35
Hia everyone,

this is a bit of a delicate problem. For more than a month now I seem to have swollen and painful breasts...its just like you get before period. :(

Did anyone else have this problem....what shall I do.....???

Sheila

Talon
Fri, May-24-02, 08:04
You wouldn't happen to be pregnant would you?

sheila_K
Fri, May-24-02, 08:07
Not a chance......

LittleAnne
Tue, May-28-02, 03:43
Hi Sheila

Not heard this one before, so don't think it is releated to diet.

You are a student, therefore I assume you are around 20 years old. Do a breast examination and check for lumps or growths. Hopefully you won't find any. If they have been like that for more than a month and you have had a period in the mean time, I would suggest that you have a quick trip to your doctor to reassure yourself.

fiona
Wed, May-29-02, 00:37
As Ann suggests if you are worried Sheila it is worth checking it out just for your own peace of mind. They are really good - yes even on NHS - about it.

A friend of mine was worried about a lump. Took her many weeks before she plucked up the courage to go to the doctor, got an emergency appointment at the hospital within 6 days, spent a whole day there, went back two weeks later for further tests and got the all clear. Turned out she does have lumps - apparently everyone has lumps. It's only when they get to a certain size that they are a threat.

It's more likely to be something simple like water retention but at least you will know and stop worrying about it.
Take care,