PDA

View Full Version : Question:High Protein Bars

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

teddi-4
Thu, May-23-02, 13:21
Has anyone tried the Protein Bars called Carb Solutions? I am very confused about their labeling. Example: the Chocolate Cappuccino bar ... which incidentally is wonderful ... lists the carbs as 21g. Then an arrow directs you to a box that says Net Carb Count 2. It states that for those who are counting carbs, count only 2. Is this possible? Will using these bars slow weight loss? :wave:

TeriDoodle
Thu, May-23-02, 17:05
These lo-carb, hi-protein bars do cause stalls in some people and it's because of those "hidden carbs" that you're referring to here. You can find all kinds of posts on this board (or do a search) about hidden carbs so that you get a scientific explanation. There's also a "hidden carb" tool included with the Low Carb Tools in the orange bar at the top of this page which will help with that issue as well.

Most newbie LCers do tend to rush out and buy these bars because they do somewhat resemble the sweets and starches we're asked to give up. They are also quite convenient for those who are on the run a lot. However, I think you'll see that most of the LC veterans around here don't consume them, because they do cause stalls in some people, and keep others trapped in their carb addictions they're trying to break free of.

I do keep a couple in my drawer at work just in case I'm stuck for a high-protein snack, and I take them with me when I travel. And then I only eat 1/2 at a time....it's just to get me by until I can get to some whole food.

Does that help? I hope so.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!! We're glad you're here!

teddi-4
Fri, May-24-02, 15:19
Thanks so much for the info. Now it all makes sense. For three weeks I was on vacation and on the run so I relied heavily on the bars. I was very careful except for those bars. Did a lot of walking and didn't lose an ounce. I jusy knew those bars were too good to be true. Thanks!!! :wave:
~Teddi

Louloo
Thu, May-30-02, 04:55
The same goes for low carb chocolate - same results for me. :wave: