PDA

View Full Version : Added benefit of extra water

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Verbena
Mon, Jul-01-13, 09:51
I have been working really hard to drink my 2-3 quarts of water a day. I am a tea drinker (black, unsweetened), and don't really like plain water, but I have been really good about it for the last several weeks. And have noticed that one of the added benefits is that I don't seem to have such dry skin anymore. I hardly feel the need for moisturizer on my face at all, and even my "terminally chapped" lips aren't as bad as they were. Knees and elbows are the only problem spots now, and those not really so bad. A very pleasant surprise.

(To help the process I finally broke down and ordered a SodaStream carbonated water maker, which should be arriving in a few days. While plain water is boring, I learned to like water with bubbles when I lived in Europe.)

Forababy
Tue, Jul-02-13, 20:43
Congrats on making a change and recognizing the results (so easy to overlook things like that). It's easy to stick with what we know and like but as your post shows sometimes there are fringe benefits to trying something new to improve our health. Also jsut wanted to say how much I love my sodastream it makes it less monotonous to drink the proper amount of water (and I have always been a big water drinker)