PDA

View Full Version : 6 months in

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bprows
Mon, Jul-01-13, 04:08
Hi all,

Weighed 214.9 yesterday, 45 lbs down in six months. Starting to get a little worried because I look pretty skinny, but still have a lot of subcutaneous fat to lose. Appetite totally changed so I'm having a hard time eating what I think is enough; just have to believe in the science and understand that my metabolism is healing and that 215 is still "overweight" from two generations ago. My original goal is 190, that is the weight I weighed 30 years ago. Pretty sure I have lost muscle so I am starting weight lifting today. I can sleep now laying down (not in a recliner) for the first time in 10 years.

Brad

ojoj
Mon, Jul-01-13, 04:21
Hi all,

Weighed 214.9 yesterday, 45 lbs down in six months. Starting to get a little worried because I look pretty skinny, but still have a lot of subcutaneous fat to loose. Appetite totally changed so I'm having a hard time eating what I think is enough; just have to believe in the science and understand that my metabolism is healing and that 215 is still "overweight" from two generations ago. My original goal is 190, that is the weight I weighed 30 years ago. Pretty sure I have lost muscle so I am starting weight lifting today. I can sleep now laying down (not in a recliner) for the first time in 10 years.

Brad

Well done you!!! Keep on keeping on!!!

Jo xxx

JEY100
Mon, Jul-01-13, 05:20
:clap: :clap: Congratulations, Brad! That must feel wonderful just to sleep better. It should improve your job performance, which is good for all of us. ;)

Primal is very much a complete lifestyle, and lifting heavy things, even if functional items or body weight exercises rather than gym weights, is part of that lifestyle. Mark Sisson has some good videos on his site, and there are many on-line. Fitness Blender has a 15 minute HIIT boot camp you can do anywhere. Combine exrecise with a primal diet and your body will let you know when you are at goal.

anglgrl
Mon, Jul-01-13, 07:54
Wow! You're doing really well. Congrats! :yay: :wiggle: :clap:

Glendora
Mon, Jul-01-13, 08:45
Amazing, way to go! You can decide whether you want to get all the way back down to your original goal weight or not...often different types of weight loss have a different "look" and definitely a different feel. If that makes sense.

I was reading the other day on here about a woman who wears the same pants size now on Atkins as she did at 20 lbs. less on the SAD.

So, do what feels great and healthy for you. Your post is very inspirational, thank you for sharing it.

Elfie
Tue, Jul-02-13, 08:28
Congratulations, Brad! Keep up the good work and remember, if you start to work out, it's possible your weight loss may slow or you may even gain temporarily because you're building muscle...but your body will show the actual fat loss! Keep up the good work!