PDA

View Full Version : Hangover feeling

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

clodagh
Wed, May-22-02, 07:53
Does anyone get a feeling of a hangover when they eat something they shouldn't?

After all the excitement of yesterday, I went to the cinema last night and ate a big bag of popcorn.

I ate the whole thing.

This morning, I have a feeling of a hangover, I really feel like I drank at least 1 bottle of wine.

And the cravings!!!!!! O my God I could eat a lb of chocolate!!!!!

Anyway, I am drinking lots of water and sticking rigidly to my SP plan.

why do we do this to ourselves?!
Clo

lisaf
Wed, May-22-02, 09:22
why do we do this to ourselves?!

I don't know...but sometimes we just need to test our limits...remind ourselves why we follow the plan most of the time.

Hangover feeling is totally normal...I get really really thirsty...that post-Chinese food thirst. Feel run down and hungry the next day. Usually develop a pimple or two.

Its certainly a learning experience.

Lisa

razzle
Wed, May-22-02, 10:24
that hangover is a gift! :) It's our bodies trying to communicate with us: "hey, there! this is not a healthy food for us! listen up, would ya?"

What amazes me is not the hangover or cravings (both of which, btw, say "food allergy" and corn and wheat are common ones) but that after 35 years of dieting and abusing my body with sugar, starving, drugs, too little sleep, and so on...that it still is patient and loving and talks to me so clearly! All I have to do is get calm, shush, and listen--and it'll tell me "time for a fruit!" "Hey, make some more of that broccoli, would you?" "How bout a salad for breakfast?" What a forgiving, brilliant, patient body it is!

lisaf
Wed, May-22-02, 11:28
Raz -- you have the best 'tude!

Lisa...off to listen to her body demanding yogurt...

TheBetty
Wed, May-22-02, 16:21
I totally know exactly what you are talking about! I feel yucky the next day after eating at the salad bar because I have muffins that are LOADED with sugar and processed flour.

I get tired, run down, crabby, listless, lethargic, SORE, thirsty sometimes, and bloating a bit. It's worth it, though, for the memories it brings me about why I am on this for life. I do like to have a little splurge once in a while, though. And I don't ever have any guilt about it because I always plan the splurge as much as possible.

So, yes, carb hangovers suck for sometimes a few days, depending on how much sugar I ate. --TheBetty

clodagh
Thu, May-23-02, 02:59
what great replies!!! thanks everyone.

Wow yesterday was a terrible day!!!!! I went to bed at 9pm as I felt so bad. I bit the head off anyone who looked crooked at me.
My partner was demented.

He said, without any prompting actually, 'is this down to all that popcorn you ate last night?'

Anyway, back to normal today I think.

Clo

clodagh
Fri, May-24-02, 09:21
Well I was up 1lb this week

didn't expect anything more really after all the excitement of the radio show and rushing around and not eating at my usual times - never mind the bag of popcorn meant for at least 4 people and the subsequent hangover.

funny really, as we are having a big meeting tomorrow ( the PCOS group) and I am talking to potentially hundreds of people about the low carb diet !!! ha ha

Clo