PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at 180 lbs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Carson35
Tue, Jun-04-13, 14:14
Let's see, I'm a male, 40, 5'10" and when I was ripped up back in the day I weighed 145. I have a small frame. My gut has gone down 1.5 inches to 39.5 from 41. So I still have a long way to go. Problem is I've been stuck at 180 lbs for 2 weeks. I was feeling really ill and added some carbs back in. Up to probably 30 grams a day. this has only been for 3 days though. When I first started I was mostly eating all fat and protein. Seems i need to go really low carb to lose weight. I'm not feeling so sick anymore since using half salt and also using more regular salt. Could be the carbs I added too. Been on the diet for a month now and it feels like the weight I lost was all water. Maybe a little fat. Think i lost some muscle too. Not working out at all and I still eat mostly meats and fish all 0 carb. 2 small handfuls of mixed nuts (no peanuts) a day and maybe 1 serving of veggies, green beans, lettuce or cooked spinach. It's hard for me to eat veggies cause I can't stand them. I also take a tbsp of coconut oil 3 times a day. Only dairy I have is in my morning decaf coffee, a little heavy whipping cream and a touch of stevia. Any thoughts? I was 191 and now 180.

Pinot-Girl
Tue, Jun-04-13, 15:13
Hey!!

Well to be honest it seems from an outsiders perspective that you're actually doing really well for just a short time on LC.

I'm no expert, but I too don't have heaps to loose, and finding it a bit tricky.... Although I'm feeling tonnes better mentally and physically (no pain / arthritis) but the weight / inches are not as fast to disappear.

From what I've seen / heard on here, some need fewer carbs, some more, some are sensitive to certain foods and it's a game to find out what works for you and your lifestyle.

Well done! Keep it up!

Liz53
Tue, Jun-04-13, 16:44
If you are concerned about losing muscle mass, it may be time to start working out again. Nothing wrong with that if you have the energy. It typically takes 4-6 weeks to fully acclimate to LC so you're right on the threshold. I find coconut oil is a great energy boost before working out (no need for carbs). Just so you know, nuts have significantly more carbs - and calories - than most LC vegetables.

livinright
Tue, Jun-04-13, 16:50
I think it's normal for many people to have no loss for a short time after the initial loss. It generally starts back up within a few weeks. The body often goes through an adjustment period. If you don't loss any weight or inches for more than 4 weeks, then look to make adjustments,

Carson35
Tue, Jun-04-13, 17:51
Thanks guys. I have eliminated my allergy foods which were dairy and egg whites. I know dairy would give me gastritis but never felt sick from eggs. I eat nuts in place of most veggies 1/4 cup twice a day. They have 6 grams per 1/4 cup and 15 grams of fat. For some reason green beans are the only veggies I can handle. Most veggies bloat me or hurt my stomach. Been keeping detailed notes of my carb intake as well as sodium, fat and calories to make sure I'm getting enough. Rode the bike for a while at the gym today. Think I'm still to weak and tired to try the weights yet.

Speaking of feeling better, my snoring stopped and so did this strange chocking feeling I would get in my throat! My brain is still mush though.