PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back at it....Breakfast ideas???

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

think_thin
Sat, May-25-13, 18:03
I have been off low carb for a while, and just getting back to it. I have been eating so well, and not losing ANYTHING!!! Uggg - clearly the only thing that works for me is the low carb way.
Breakfast is the toughest for me. Please share your favorite breakfast. It is always such a rush in the morning it seems.
Thanks all for your help!

lc4good
Sat, May-25-13, 18:15
Cook a couple of dozen hard boiled/steamed eggs and you have the perfect grab and go breakfast for busy low carbers on the run :agree:

My personal favourite breakfast is an omelet with cheddar, salsa and avocado. :yum:

You can also make crustless quiches and cut into individual servings. A few seconds in the microwave and breaky is ready :)

Nancy LC
Sat, May-25-13, 19:58
Lately I'm eating sliced raw cauli and mayonnaise dip (mayo, diluted with water, add spices like onion powder, garlic, cayenne, pepper).

I can take it to work with me.

mariaelena
Sat, May-25-13, 22:30
You can use a good low-carb bulk sausage (or buy ground pork and season it with LOTS of sage, red pepper, black pepper, and salt) and pat it into serving-size patties on a cookie sheet, and bake them until done. Freeze them separately, then stack in a zip-lock bag, to keep in the freezer.

You can also make scrambled eggs in the oven, in a thin sheet, just until done. Cut into squares, and freeze on plastic wrap. Stack them in a ziplock bag and keep in the freezer.

In the mornings, pull a sausage patty and an egg square out, wrap them in a paper towel and nuke them a minute. Grab a cup of joe, and eat on the road.

ktbrew
Sat, May-25-13, 23:22
I would cook up some sausages with tomatoes, onions and peppers and put them in containers and just take one out in the morning. Nuke it for a minute and it while I get ready. Or bake crust less quiche in ramekins or a muffin tin and just have one each morning. Hope this helps!

Elizellen
Sun, May-26-13, 04:49
Sometimes I roll up slices of gouda and ham the night before and put them in a Tupperware box in the fridge so I can grab it and take with me to eat on the way if I know I will be short on time in the morning.

They are great finger food to eat while driving if really in a hurry!

WereBear
Sun, May-26-13, 12:27
Are you actually hungry in the morning? When I realized I never was, and skipped it, I broke a stall.

MandalayVA
Sun, May-26-13, 12:36
Whatever you're hungry for that's low carb, eat. No such thing as a food being wrong for the time of day!

menew
Sun, May-26-13, 17:15
I am pretty boring when it comes to breakfast - scrambled cheese eggs, 1/2 avocado and of 1/2 cup of raspberries and a huge cup of coffee with cream and spenda. If I try to eat other things I find that I am not satisfied for the whole morning and start wanting to snack. This breakfast will hold me at least until 2:30 and sometimes even to dinner.

chuck41
Sun, May-26-13, 19:25
I'm not big on breakfast. If I do eat breakfast, I get hungry around noon. If not, I am comfortable until around 2:00 p.m. When I have breakfast it is usually a nice omelet, or three fried eggs with sausage and tomato slices. If I eat breakfast I don't seen to be able to actually lose weight.

bike2work
Sun, May-26-13, 20:17
I change it around all the time. Some of my standards:

- a warm slice of ham with a fried egg on top
- a toasted almond omelet
- a pork chop served with buttered kale or sauteed mushrooms
- zucchini frittata (zucchini and eggs go particularly well together)
- a cup of chili
- homemade sausage patties with fried egg
- a cup of black decaf
- an omelet of red onion and toasted walnuts with sherry vinegar buerre blanc (recipe from Deborah Madison)
- an omelet of fresh marjoram and sheep's milk feta (recipe from Deborah Madison)
- baked (shirred) eggs with sauteed mushrooms in the bottom of the ramekin and a touch of truffle salt (no cheese needed)
- steamed (hardboiled) eggs, still warm, chopped and stirred with salted butter
- leftovers

If you're in a hurry in the morning the best thing to do is prepare something in advance that you can grab quickly, as others have said.

NataliaW
Sun, May-26-13, 20:55
I like shrimp omelets. I also like to get a cup of coffee mixed with a Dark Chocolate Atkins Shake in a large mug to go (for my Faux Mocha)

TigerLily1
Mon, May-27-13, 04:02
My favourite breakfast or brunch if not too hungry at breakfast is burgers lol home made patties, I add just dried spices to it, or sometimes nothing at all.

I do quite a few at the weekend and freeze them in portions, I take a portion for me to work, nuke them for a minute or two and they are ready... sometimes I like them cold - I know that's odd but its an acquired taste lol.
I am never tiered of my burgers for whatever reason !

Kirsteen
Mon, May-27-13, 04:31
Some people like to make the "Muffin in a minute" recipe. It's made with ground flax seed, and you are allowed 1 tablespoonful of flax daily during induction.

You'll find the recipe by doing a websearch.. I would suggest that you don't add the Splenda.. Have them with cheese instead, so it's savoury.