PDA

View Full Version : Bulletproof Diet

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cr_payne
Tue, May-21-13, 10:49
Has anyone tried the bulletproof diet? I am on day two- doint the whole coffee with grass fed butter and coconut oil until 2, then eating meats and veggies. I was wondering if anyone had any success or opinions on it :)

DiscDiva
Wed, May-22-13, 18:01
I do the coffee on the weekends and love it! I use butter and MCT oil. I also eat low carb and am still losing. Come summer, I will do the coffee daily. I do have a lot of energy from the coffee and get a lot of house projects done when I drink it.

James_Ward
Fri, Oct-18-13, 08:29
I'm doing Bulletproof. I am losing about a pound a day. I think his food selections are awesome and his science sound.

peacelove
Fri, Oct-18-13, 22:55
I just read this...I wonder about chicken and what fats are not good for us? So, it sounds like he doesn't recommended cooking your meat? Weird.... Not that I cook anyhow:) I can see how the chicken can be an issue though. I always feel better with wild fish or small amounts of grass beef. Also, is kerrygold grassed butter? Is olive oil ok?

James_Ward
Sat, Oct-19-13, 10:13
Here's the whole program: http://www.bulletproofexec.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Bulletproof-Diet-Infographic.pdf

According to this, olive oil is yellow. He prefers ghee, pastured butter, pastured egg yolks, etc. I'm still losing a pound a day! I'm sure the rate will drop off, but I am certainly encouraged by the easy progress!

I have Bulletproof coffee in the morning, a shrimp bowl for lunch and then steak or something for dinner. This is a low carb, high fat, moderate protein diet.

Elfie
Sat, Oct-19-13, 10:29
Has anyone tried the bulletproof diet? I am on day two- doint the whole coffee with grass fed butter and coconut oil until 2, then eating meats and veggies. I was wondering if anyone had any success or opinions on it :)

I can't say I do his actual diet because I don't only eat grass fed, organic, etc. meats and vegies.

I do usually have a BPC for breakfast but I make mine with 2 Tbs of Kerrygold butter, a Tbs of cream and a Tbs of Torani's sugar free Caramel syrup. Decadence. Keeps me going until lunch and helps keep my protein grams down for the day.

slaybl
Wed, Jan-01-14, 05:41
I started drinking 2 cups a day of BPC 3 days ago and have gained 2 pounds. Maybe I will try 1 cup a day. I have been doing LCD and less than 20gs of carbs a day and still in ketosis. Any suggestions

DiscDiva
Wed, Jan-01-14, 09:56
My mug size is about a cup and a half. I drink it for my lunch (no other food). How much protein are you eating in a day? Make sure you don't overdo the protein.

mike_d
Thu, Jan-02-14, 18:45
http://bulletproofdietbook.com/

Hangs my browser, latest XP and Firefox.

mike_d
Thu, Jan-02-14, 18:59
Here's the whole program: http://www.bulletproofexec.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Bulletproof-Diet-Infographic.pdfCan't get the file to open.

Namaste!
Thu, Jan-02-14, 19:04
I don't follow the actual diet but I do usually have a cup of BPC for breakfast. Sometimes it keeps me full until dinner!

mike_d
Thu, Jan-02-14, 19:10
Here's the whole program: http://www.bulletproofexec.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Bulletproof-Diet-Infographic.pdfCan't get the file to open.

What if you aren't a coffee drinker?

Merpig
Thu, Jan-02-14, 20:19
Here's the whole program: http://www.bulletproofexec.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Bulletproof-Diet-Infographic.pdf Nice chart. Too bad it's impossible to read, especially if you want to print a copy - and the font is so teeny that the letters come out miniscule and all blurry, so even with a magnifying glass you can't read it. :D

Liz53
Thu, Jan-02-14, 20:42
Nice chart. Too bad it's impossible to read, especially if you want to print a copy - and the font is so teeny that the letters come out miniscule and all blurry, so even with a magnifying glass you can't read it. :D

Yeah I even tried going to the website, giving them my email so I could download directly and it was still blurry and minuscule. Guess they want us to buy the book.

DiscDiva
Thu, Jan-02-14, 21:27
It works on the iPad and enlarges well. He sure is encouraging use of his products in the green categories!

ldahling
Thu, Jan-02-14, 23:34
I drink tea with co, Hwc, butter and stevia.

Elizellen
Fri, Jan-03-14, 05:12
If you save it as a pdf file you can just increase the magnification to 200% when you open it and read it easily

KDH
Fri, Jan-03-14, 11:14
I drink aeropress coffee with kerrygold butter and MCT oil every morning. Rarely eat lunch, it keeps me steady through until dinner. Brilliant stuff. I notice when I skip it. Really notice, and not in a good way.

ldahling
Sun, Jan-05-14, 11:19
Since going to the lchf I have lost 20 pounds in 7 weeks. Bulletproof tea, fat bombs, protein and veggies. I am never hungry. Loving this woe!