PDA

View Full Version : Low Carbing.... Again. Help please !

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

AlmostMrsS
Sun, May-19-13, 11:12
HI all :wave:

I've been a regular on/off Atkinser for a few years now.

I'm getting married in August :D Got engaged this April so all very quick !!!

Now I have bi-polar disorder and I am currently stable and on no meds, however the meds I was on have done some serious damage to my weight (I went from 8st 7lbs to 11st 9lbs.... shudder) :(

:help:

I have a husband to be, a fussy 10 year old step son and a 4 year old girl and a 2 year old girl all to cook for in the evenings.

My 4 year old has a hot school dinner, so I usually give 2 year old pasta/eggs/rice/leftovers for lunch and make them toast/cereal/sandwiches/something light in the evening.

10 year old takes a packed lunch.

Almost Husband will eat whatever I plonk in front of him, altho he has an aversion to "green things" he will eat them.

:help: :help: :help: :help:

Its all rather stressful at meal times at the minute and before I know it the big 6 week summer holidays will be upon us. There is a constant stream of biscuits sweets and crisps in the house.

I need to lose this weight. I cannot be this big on my wedding day. I sit down and have a huge mound of fat sat on my knee. I lie down on my side and look heavily pregnant. I feel vile and my mood is foul because of it. Incredibly low energy levels, bloating, odd toilet habits. Ive been bad to my body and I need to fix it !

Nancy LC
Sun, May-19-13, 11:58
How about shifting your new family to a healthier eating style too?

zeph317
Sun, May-19-13, 12:04
yeah, i agree with nancy. since hubby isn't picky, make healthy lc meals for everyone. focus on meat and veggies and you'll all benefit! stay away from the processed foods and the breads.

AlmostMrsS
Sun, May-19-13, 12:30
The only carbs my kids tend to eat is pasta and risotto. (Theyve had fish and broccoli for dinner, the broccoli was the first thing ti disappear into their tummies!)

10YO step son is incredibly fussy. It will be an uphill battle.

zeph317
Sun, May-19-13, 12:43
well, you mentioned toast, cereal, and sandwiches, along with the pasta and rice, so i figured that was most of what they ate. it's great that they go for the broccoli! it's hard when the kids are older but if that's all there is in the house, he'll eventually adjust. would your husband support you in keeping the junk out of the house?

AlmostMrsS
Sun, May-19-13, 14:35
Unlikely. Hes 6"6 and very slim. (Trying to gain weight, had a lot of trauma the last 2 years thats made him rather ill... Since he moved in with me hes out 2 stone on... In 5 months :D) Hed probably just hide his stash from me. He has zero weight issues now hes back in the normal BMI range.

bkloots
Sun, May-19-13, 15:10
A couple of thoughts:

1--Please calm yourself. I need to lose this weight. I cannot be this big on my wedding day. Clearly, someone loves you very much and wants to spend the rest of his life with you. Pick out a dress or an outfit that flatters you just as you are, and enjoy the day, no matter what.
2--By all means, follow a low-carb eating plan as much as you can. Plenty of fats, protein, and leafy greens. No wheat, no sugar. Your low energy levels and digestive issues will improve within a few days.
3--Try not to do battle over food. You've got a lot on your plate, in more ways than one. And remember--nobody will actually die without biscuits and crisps. They can eat them somewhere else.

Come back and talk to us!
Best wishes.