PDA

View Full Version : Pasta and Dreamfields

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Nancy LC
Fri, May-10-13, 10:32
So, I was reading Wheat Belly last night, finally getting around to it, and he wrote how pasta raises blood sugar 3 - 4 hours after being eaten. It's possible that is because pasta tends to be very dense and bread is very fluffy, or it could be because the variety of wheat used is slightly different.

Anyway, I was thinking back to how Dreamfields claims to not cause a rise in BG, but some people noticed it just took a long time, like 3-4 hours.

That makes me think there really is no different between Dreamfields and regular pasta.

cnmLisa
Fri, May-10-13, 21:37
and when you think about it....Dreamfields in addition has the resistant starch coating. Seems to me it would take even longer to see a rise in blood sugar--first the coating has to be broken down and then the pasta itself. I wonder how many people really did take thier blood sugar every hour for (?) 4-6-8-10 hours after eating--that's a lot of finger sticks.

I gave the stuff up completely. I finally admitted to myself that I was just fooling myself thinking I could still eat pasta. I'm coming up on year 4 for this go around--I haven't had Dreamfields since before that. I guess I should toss the boxes that are still in my pantry.:p

Liz53
Fri, May-10-13, 22:03
That makes me think there really is no different between Dreamfields and regular pasta.

Jenny Ruhl at bloodsugar101.com came to exactly the same conclusion (as long as you're talking about duram wheat dry pasta).