PDA

View Full Version : So far, almost a week in...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ParkMutt
Tue, May-07-13, 09:30
I'm down about 9 lbs. However, yesterday I was down a total of 12 lbs. I think I may have over done the cheese and nitrates. Any opinions?

livinright
Tue, May-07-13, 09:33
You may have over done things. But as a general rule, weight loss is not linear. Lots of little ups and downs along the journey.

ParkMutt
Tue, May-07-13, 10:08
Thanks. I probably didn't drink enough plain water either.

Cocoatime
Tue, May-07-13, 11:04
9 lbs (or 12 lbs) in one week is pretty amazing, if you ask me. Nice work!

ParkMutt
Tue, May-07-13, 11:26
Thanks. I didn't do anything but mostly follow the diet. I had a date one night so I cheated a bit.

Elizellen
Wed, May-08-13, 05:30
If seeing the scales edge up as well as down from day to day is likely to upset you and make you doubt what you are doing then it might be better to only weigh once a week or fortnight.

If you can feel it is just an interesting fact that scales weight varies wildly from day to day often for no reason at all, and maybe make it a sort of scientific experiment to log every little bump in your lowcarb journey, then carry on weighing!!