PDA

View Full Version : 4 Months in

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bprows
Tue, Apr-30-13, 17:16
Weighed in today at 226.2. Officially lost about 33 lbs since Jan 1st. However, I suspect I was heavier than I would admit...I just couldn't make my self admit I was above 260 again so I didn't weigh thru the Christmas Season. Started lifting weights a couple a months ago so I'm sure I lost more fat than the scale shows. I feel phenominal. I've learned so much and I know that this WOE is the answer to so many ailments in our society. I get my blood tests done in early June, and I will post the results on June 3rd, so If I don't get hit by a bus, I suspect I will have good news in that area as well. My blood sugars run about 85 on average, BP is usually low 110/50; so this does cause me some problems when I get up too fast. I take copius amounts of Potassium Chloride, Magnesium, and Salt. I supplement with Vitamin D, and a multivitamin. I average about 2300 hundred calories a day, and according to fit-day, I run about a 1200 calorie deficit. I'm 6'2", and workout quite regularly; not to "lose" weight, but to improve mood and insulin sensitivity. My interim goal is to be below 220 by medical appointment on June 3rd. I never had diabetes, but I had metabolic syndrome...not anymore :) So for a brief synopsis: Born weighing over 12 pounds, fat and flabby ALL my life after puberty. Grandma said "no bread or sugar...what does grandma know?" Educated idiots saying "eat lots of carbs"; fatter every year. 2012 stumbled on to "Fat Head Movie", heard about Gary Taubes; read his books and drop 40 lbs effortlessly. Start eating bread and sugar in June, gained it all back and then some. Jan 1st, started again, much more relaxed and alot healthier this time around. However; it's obvious that my experience is not proof of the "malpractice" foisted upon our society by my educated betters. So I can do what they say and get diabetes, or I can thank God for the wisdom of my grandmother...seems a no brainer to me:)

DiscDiva
Tue, Apr-30-13, 18:09
Congrats on the progress you've made and the ability to figure out what works for you! Keep working it!

2thinchix
Tue, Apr-30-13, 19:01
Congratulations on the loss! Those kinds of stories keep me inspired. And so great you mentioned about the Magnesium, Potassium and salt since I've just started supplementing those as well!

anglgrl
Thu, May-02-13, 09:28
Wow! You're doing great :yay: :thup: :agree:

lifeisabee
Fri, May-03-13, 11:01
Congratulations on your weight loss, that is fabulous! :clap:

lifeisabee
Fri, May-03-13, 11:45
Congratulations on your weight loss, that is fabulous! :clap: