PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider me a yo yo carb dieter?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lorreen
Fri, Apr-26-13, 15:06
So I started atkins April 1st and did it for a week. Then I had those atkins bars and fell off. Everytime I have tried to go back to carb dieting two days later I fall victim to sweeteners and overrating the bars and eating carby food. This time around I have cut out all the sweetnera because I realized they were not beneficial for me. Would I be considered a yo yo carb dieter?

WereBear
Fri, Apr-26-13, 15:39
Hopefully... not any more :)

The point of Induction is to cut out all sweeteners, so that you lose your taste for them. I know it seems impossible at times, but it's true.

Starve the beast... and you beat it.

Lorreen
Fri, Apr-26-13, 17:03
Hopefully... not any more :)

The point of Induction is to cut out all sweeteners, so that you lose your taste for them. I know it seems impossible at times, but it's true.

Starve the beast... and you beat it.
On induction two to three sweeteners is fine but even that was enough to sabatoge me. So I am or I'm not one of those "dieters"?

honeypie
Fri, Apr-26-13, 17:35
Yo-yo dieters are normally people that gain, then lose, then regain, then relose, etc etc.... the same 20 or 30 or 100 lbs. Or whatever amount.

Is that what you mean by your question?

I wouldn't consider someone who falls off the diet here and there a yoyo-er, but then again, what's the context of your question? :confused:

Lulumae
Sat, Apr-27-13, 02:25
Loreen, unless I misread your stats, you only want to lose 3 lb. While I am convinced that LC is a great way to live anyway, I wouldn't go on diet for 3 lb. If you cut out all wheat based products you'll probably lose them anyway. That means pasta, bread, potatoes, pastries and all that stuff.
If you are trying to eat low carb for health or other reasons, then read the books - Atkins, Wheat Belly, Protein Power, etc. and figure out what plan will achieve your ends.

Lorreen
Sat, Apr-27-13, 13:32
Yo-yo dieters are normally people that gain, then lose, then regain, then relose, etc etc.... the same 20 or 30 or 100 lbs. Or whatever amount.

Is that what you mean by your question?

I wouldn't consider someone who falls off the diet here and there a yoyo-er, but then again, what's the context of your question? :confused:
Oh now that I understand what the meaning of a yo yo dieter is I realize I qm not one. I dont really have pounds to lose just wanted to live healtheir. Thanks !

Sherry01
Sat, Apr-27-13, 13:50
I've been at my goal for awhile and I still eat this way. I have never given up the sweetners. They are a good substitue for me and keep me away from the sugar. But I absolutely cannot have the Atkins bars. They send my cravings wild.

Lorreen
Sun, Apr-28-13, 08:42
I've been at my goal for awhile and I still eat this way. I have never given up the sweetners. They are a good substitue for me and keep me away from the sugar. But I absolutely cannot have the Atkins bars. They send my cravings wild.

Its too bad for me. Even sweetner in my tea leaves me with a fake hunger pang twenty minutes later after I had a good meal

Liz53
Sun, Apr-28-13, 08:59
Its too bad for me. Even sweetner in my tea leaves me with a fake hunger pang twenty minutes later after I had a good meal

It sounds as if you might have some trouble with blood sugar and insulin response, and that may be a precursor to diabetes. If you really would like to improve your health, go cold turkey on the sweets (natural and artificial) and eliminate grains. Do it for a week. You can do anything for a week, right? I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how much better you feel. And as Lulumae suggests, that excess 3 lbs will likely disappear in the process. Continue to eat low carb and it will not return. Indulge in sweets or wheat and it will be right back with you.