PDA

View Full Version : Quit smoking and gaining fast..help!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dmarie328
Mon, Apr-22-13, 01:16
Three weeks ago I quit smoking and I already gained 8 pounds and I'm not eating any different, in fact I pretty went back to introdution. If anyone can give me any tips I would be so thankful.

WereBear
Mon, Apr-22-13, 04:27
Can you take some walks? Signal the metabolism to speed up a bit some other way.

Are you snacking to cope with the stomach feelings? A cup of peppermint tea might work better. Even if your total carb count is still low, my body doesn't take well to frequent meals. That makes the hungry problem, worse.

anthonyc
Mon, Apr-22-13, 08:56
dont worry about it. your body will adjust as it heals. i quit smoking cold turkey a few years ago. i was a pack a day smoker for 20 years.

dmarie328
Mon, Apr-22-13, 09:22
Thank you..I will try walks and up my water and fats. I can do this.

Firefly428
Mon, Apr-22-13, 11:15
how did you quit?

just put them down?

Whofan
Mon, Apr-22-13, 11:44
Don't panic, your body will adjust. I was a 4-pack-a-day smoker who quit cold turkey 24 years ago. I gained maybe 10lbs from snacking on pretzels and such. When I stopped that and dieted (it was long before lc) I lost the extra weight. Never be fooled by the idea that smoking keeps weight down....look around you at all the fat smokers! As long as you don't cheat with your food or snack without even realizing it, you're going to be just fine. Give it time.

dmarie328
Mon, Apr-22-13, 14:30
how did you quit?

just put them down?
I read a book called the ''The easy way to quit smoking'' by Allan Carr and don't even crave them. I smoked 2 packs a day.