PDA

View Full Version : Not getting enough calories?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

McCauley91
Fri, Apr-12-13, 16:44
Hey all,

Are the calories really that important? When I eat low carb, my appetite is gone. I have trouble getting in more than 1,000 calories someday. Yet, I keep hearing people say that I need to eat 1,800 or so on low carb as if the carb count somehow negates the amount of calories. I don't know.... I hate eating past when I'm full, especially when I get full at such a low amount on low carb. Yet, starvation mode has to be kept at bay too. Hmmmm.... What should I do?

WereBear
Fri, Apr-12-13, 16:50
What works for you?

I was comfortable at 1800 calories. Now I'm averaging 1500 because I'm doing only one meal a day.

If you aren't hungry, don't eat. If you aren't losing.. then it's a problem, hmmm?

McCauley91
Fri, Apr-12-13, 16:58
One meal a day? Intermittent fasting?
And yes, I suppose you are right. Thanks :)
How long has it taken you to get from 220 to 170?

WereBear
Fri, Apr-12-13, 18:56
In June of 2004, I weighed 220. By Christmas, I was about 160 or so (I don't own a scale.)

I went through a period of stress in 2009, gained 20, went back to 160. Lost it, went gluten free, then got into a new building with a lot of toxicity issues, took antibiotics to deal with that and gained another 10.

Now 170. Going to IF, one meal a day... we'll see what happens next!