PDA

View Full Version : Listing of Carb free food around Australia

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Crystall
Mon, May-20-02, 18:40
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know of any sites that show where to shop for low carb foods in Australia.

I get a bit sick of checking every single label in hopes of finding zero carbs on the packet. It would be so much easier if they had a complete listing of what you can buy and where you can buy it.

I noticed they had restaurant listings for the USA, well what about us Australian folk, personally I think one should be started for us if it hasn't already.

If you all can help out and put in some imput, I'll post a site up with the listings.

of course there is:

Suger Free Chocolate - Darrel Lea
Ricci Brand Suger Free Lollies - Coles, Newmart,
K Mart, Big W....

I'm sure you guys get the picture

Email me your knowledge, that we may all indulge and not feel as though we have changed our eating plan.

Happy hunting

crystallmarsh~hotmail.com

oh yeah be sure to put what state your in as well.

Joypod
Mon, May-20-02, 19:25
Hi Crytall,

Yep, I reckon it's a good idea.

The only contribution I can make is the Farmland brand diet lemonade from Coles.

:)

Rosebud
Mon, May-20-02, 22:00
Excellent idea, Crystall!
But you don't need to produce a site, there's one included as part of this one. Just go to the "Low-Carb Yellow Pages" to the right of the screen.
I've just listed the place where Maz and I ate the other night. I think it's the only, lonely Australian entry so far.
It's definitely time we Aussies did something for ourselves.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

Rosebud
Mon, May-20-02, 22:48
Me again.

Firstly, there are 3 entries already in the National Chain Stores Section. (One of them is Farmland Diet drinks with Splenda, Joy. ;) )

Secondly, when you make an entry, the Webmaster checks them within 24 hours before posting them. Apparently before he did that, idiot kids were posting vulgar stuff and jokes. :mad:

I thought my entry had got lost in cyberspace! :p

Crystall
Tue, May-21-02, 00:39
Yep, I checked out the yellow pages section and was still surprised to find nothing there. all except the restaurant listing.

C'mon guys lets help each other out and tell what we know, even for those of you who are looking for low carb food and unfortunately don't have the store in your area. You could try posting the manufacturers address up instead so that they may look at shipping some of the good stuff to the other states.

Well, I'm definately going to hunt through these threads for info to put up in the yellow pages section, but would be a big help if you helped me :D by putting up what you know already.

Cheers Everyone...

Oh yeah, still feel free to email me the same info.

I can still put a site up online, may as well since it's free and will be easy for everyone to get to and bookmark.

I promise I'll keep updating if you do.

:daze: :roll: :wave:

Wendye
Tue, May-21-02, 18:39
Here are some of mine -

Gold Medal Snack Foods
19 bentlwy Street
Wetherill Park
NSW 2164
(02) 9725-4855 –

Pork Krackles – zero Carbs

Sugar Free Davinci Syrups

Pine Tea & Coffee Pty., Ltd.
Mr. Clayton Pine
Unit 17/8 Gladstone Road
Castle Hill, NSW, 2154
Australia

Tel: (02) 9680-9117
Fax: (02) 9680-9109
email: pine~pineteacoffee.com.au
web www.pineteacoffee.com.au

Cadbury Lite chocolate – Coles

Rosebud
Tue, May-21-02, 20:03
Hi Wendye, have you added them into our Yellow Pages (at right of screen)?

Crystall, I think we are just all going to get confused if the information is on another website when there is a place here on this excellent site.
Having said that, I'm very glad you brought up the idea in the first place! :)