PDA

View Full Version : very difficult decision

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Robin120
Sun, Mar-17-13, 04:55
le sigh.......I am going to fancy new brunch spot with the girls today :)

Do I want:

the kale cesar salad (with chicken)

or the Butternut squash omelet with baked ricotta, pumpkin seeds, and maple sausage (figured i would ask for the smoked bacon instead to minimize carbage).

And if that isn;t hard enough, do i want champagne or coffee with jameson and cream, or a bloody mary?

how ever will i manage?

I feel sooooooo deprived :p

Happy sunday all.

Kristine
Sun, Mar-17-13, 07:56
Haha, I thought you were seriously asking for advice before I noted you were in maintenance. :)

I'm stuck with rich coffee with heavy cream and coconut oil, eggs scrambled in bacon grease, and I'll have to figure out something to do with these fresh avocados and tomatoes. Life sux.

Amanda1978
Sun, Mar-17-13, 09:05
I'm stuck with rich coffee with heavy cream and coconut oil, eggs scrambled in bacon grease, and I'll have to figure out something to do with these fresh avocados and tomatoes. Life sux.

:lol: How many SAD people would love to eat this even just for one day without worrying about weight gain.

Pinot-Girl
Sun, Mar-17-13, 09:28
HAHA -

that is hilarious - I had brunch out yesterday too, and had the hard decision of what omelette to have.... Ended up having one with bacon, Montreal smoked meat, onions, mushrooms, cream cheese and diced tomatoes ..... All washed down with coffee :-)

Enjoy!

Robin120
Mon, Mar-18-13, 10:44
Kristine- that was sweet of you to start thinking how to help me :)

Amanda- totally agree!

Pinot-Girl- that sounds awesome.

I ended up going with the chicken cesar kale salad. it was awesome!
and for st paddy's i had 2 coffees with cream, splenda and jameson.

i did not feel one bit tempted by the basket of gourmet donuts for the table or the fruity cocktails, etc.....

it's funny how in maintenance, i often go for what would would have been induction friendly, anyhow. other than greek yogurt, nuts, and alcohol- i rarely want something non-induction friendly.

:thup: :thup: :thup: