PDA

View Full Version : stopping tracking

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bbmedic413
Mon, Mar-11-13, 19:00
Does everybody here still track what they eat, even years after hitting goal?

I just feel as if the low carb lifestyle is kinda hardwired into my brain now, and I'm not sure if I need to track anymore.

Any thoughts?

menew
Mon, Mar-11-13, 19:18
I don't track really but I "analyze" what I am eating on a macro level. I had a really slow month in February and evaluated my food choices. I largely ate "acceptable" foods but I found that I was snacking too much and eating too many nuts. When I cut that out, I started losing again. I suppose when I get closer to goal, I may find the need to track if I get "bored" with my standbys and want to start getting creative with my meals.

livinright
Mon, Mar-11-13, 19:46
My first time on Atkins I stopped tracking after eating right and judging portions and carb counts became natural. I'd only track if the scale indicated something was "off" with my eating.

I'm back to tracking this time around because its been so long I don't have a good eye for what I'm eating yet.

Try going without doing it. If the scale stays steady, you'll know you're ok with that plan. If the scale starts moving around, you can always go back to tracking.

Beebuzz
Mon, Mar-11-13, 20:36
I tracked for about 2 months, now I just eyeball it.

Firefly428
Tue, Mar-12-13, 06:04
I tracked for a bit.

eyeballed it for a while and then the scale said my eyeballs were guessing portions way too large :)

went back to measuring food on my food scale. that helped get my eyeballs back to real portion sizes.

then I did fine for a bit, then realized even with the food scale I wasn't doing great, so I tracked cals. on my 'puter program. too many calories. cut those back

every now and then I have to track and measure to get me back on track.

don't say you will give it up cause believe me at some point if we have alot to lose we kinda got to bring ourselves back to reality on portion sizes with the food scale and calorie count in our total meals. at least for me

right now no tracking and not losing well lol

I am starting to track and measure again today. I need to drop into the 199 area and I got to get this done. track/measure will get that for me right now.

so in the end it will be when I feel I need a reality check.

Bellapaula
Tue, Mar-12-13, 07:57
This is my first month on Atkins and I've being tracking everyday it helps to get an idea of how much I'm eating. But at the same time I'm not always sure of how many carbs the food I'm have. And especially now that for about 2 weeks I haven't loose weight that is frustrating and want to stop tracking and everything but I'm going to keep with my goal of loosing weight by summer!