PDA

View Full Version : I,m taking a break

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

madeyna
Tue, Mar-05-13, 12:51
I,m tired of counting tracking balanncing food versus cals versus carbs. ect. I woke up this morning and realized that I needed a break. :agree: Last year when I got tired of it I just feel back on a precooked frozen meats like brockworst or chicken. After awhile I got tired of my go to frozen meats and quite using them. Now I think its time to go back to that. I think I have diet fatigue. I am just tired of forcing my self to think about food. Its one thing when you see the scales going down but I haven,t in a very long time so its time to give myself a break. I already cooked up a case of costco brockworst and froze them individually now I need to get to town a buy a few chickens and roast them. Throw in a few bags of those nukable veggies and maybe some already made spicey cheese to go over the veggies for a flavor change and I will be good to go for the next week . No counting anything . Now that I think about it I had better boil some eggs and fry some baccon and make a huge salad. This is the week before my tom so I going to not count anything just one meat and eggs for two meals and a small amount of salad or lc veggies at one meal per day. I know precooked meat is not the tastiest way to eat but I need grab and go no thinking involved. This worked really well for me last year . I did it every week before tom and always had a nice whoosh afterwards :agree: The only diff. this time is I have never added the veggies before so we,ll see how that goes. Wish me luck

CallmeAnn
Tue, Mar-05-13, 12:54
I was afraid you were throwing in the towel for good. So glad to see you are taking a break from counting, rather than eating lc. You have given me a good idea for when I reach goal. I was bad at maintenance because, like you, I was tired of thinking about food. I didn't mind the food itself, I just had diet fatigue. I do wish you luck and we'll see you on the other side. Less of you, hopefully, but still you.

Neanderpam
Tue, Mar-05-13, 12:59
I'm almost at the end of an exhausting degreed nutrition program. I've stopped counting my OWN stuff in order to count and do macros and menu's for others. And wouldn't ya know it...I started dropping more weight..I really don't need to right now, ha ha.

I hope it works really well for you...as well or better than it has for me.

CallmeAnn
Tue, Mar-05-13, 13:09
I know I've seen you refer to this before but I have to say it makes me happy that we will have a nutritionist out there who won't demonize fat and protein to their patients. Too bad we can't all do that for the public.

madeyna
Tue, Mar-05-13, 13:11
I,m just so tired of the whole thing. I started out about a year and one half ago at 192 . I cut out sugar of anykind and flour of anykind and lost down to about 175. No counting pretty easy to do then it stopped working so rather than going off a freind and I decided to just make the easy switch to Atkins. I micro managed every bight for months and got down to 150 then stalled out and decided to just go with it and maintain for the rest of the year. So I ate low carb. and journaled everybight but didn,t count just learned how to balance everything out. Fastforward to this Jan. and I decided to lose the last bit by going back to how I lost before. Which was mico managing everybight. Now its March the scales are being mean and I,m ready for a break. I hope adding the veggies in will work but we,ll see I guess .Either it will or it won,t. My dh took the scales to work so I cann,t fret over it for at least a week.

madeyna
Tue, Mar-05-13, 13:35
Ann that getting tired of the whole thing and just saying to heck with it is what has always derailed me in the past. Last year something finally clicked in my head. I can never say to heck with it and just go back to the way I was eating to gain the weight. I reread my journals where I lost and regained and decided that deit fatigue is where I failed each time and so I decided to build in diet rest areas when I need too. I really wasn,t expecting too so soon this time its only march and I really wanted to just go at it super hard and finish that last twenty pounds but as angery sad mad and frustrated as that makes me its just not happening that way. My body has decided it likes that last tweny pounds . One way or another its going to come off . I just have to keep reminding myself that. The sad thing is to be slim I would have to lose another 40 pounds but I won,t even let my mind go there. Just the twenty seems like a hundred at this point. :lol:

JEY100
Tue, Mar-05-13, 13:39
Your upcoming week sounds just like pre-planned low carb meals, sure you will do well. If you are completely sick of counting, have you looked into the Paleo or Primal lifestyle? Granted some people still watch carbs, but by removing the processed foods and seed oils, and adding more non-starchy vegetables which are quite filling, there is no calorie counting.

marcsfl
Tue, Mar-05-13, 13:52
After losing over 65lbs over the past year, I too have taken a break from logging and carb counting for the past 3 months. I'm sticking to the same foods and quantities as when I did record, and my weight has been absolutely , almost eerily stable. Not so much as a 1 lb fluctuation week to week.

Seems like cutting out the wheat, grains and processed foods and sticking to low carb choices has worked. Also, I'm keeping away from the unhealthy oils.

While I'd like to drop another 15 lbs, I need this break to concentrate on other things in my life.

PhotoKriss
Tue, Mar-05-13, 13:59
I was afraid you were throwing in the towel for good. So glad to see you are taking a break from counting, rather than eating lc. You have given me a good idea for when I reach goal. I was bad at maintenance because, like you, I was tired of thinking about food. I didn't mind the food itself, I just had diet fatigue. I do wish you luck and we'll see you on the other side. Less of you, hopefully, but still you.

Yup...agree!!

Kirsteen
Tue, Mar-05-13, 14:24
I think your plan sounds great. As long as you keep to the basic Atkins principles and don't allow too many cheats to creep in I'm sure you'll do fine. :D

Best of luck. x

CallmeAnn
Tue, Mar-05-13, 14:40
Ann that getting tired of the whole thing and just saying to heck with it is what has always derailed me in the past. Last year something finally clicked in my head. I can never say to heck with it and just go back to the way I was eating to gain the weight. I reread my journals where I lost and regained and decided that deit fatigue is where I failed each time and so I decided to build in diet rest areas when I need too. I really wasn,t expecting too so soon this time its only march and I really wanted to just go at it super hard and finish that last twenty pounds but as angery sad mad and frustrated as that makes me its just not happening that way. My body has decided it likes that last tweny pounds . One way or another its going to come off . I just have to keep reminding myself that. The sad thing is to be slim I would have to lose another 40 pounds but I won,t even let my mind go there. Just the twenty seems like a hundred at this point. :lol:
It sounds to me like you're at a set point. Your plan just might re-set that set point. I wish you well with it and I think the potential is very good.

Merpig
Tue, Mar-05-13, 15:05
Good luck! Atkins now has some very nice frozen meals out there. I've bought them at Walmart for a very reasonable price. Quite tasty, and very handy when you don't want to think about what to do but just want to eat. :D

PilotGal
Tue, Mar-05-13, 15:18
I,m tired of counting tracking balanncing food versus cals versus carbs. ect. Wish me luck
good luck! enjoy the break. :wave:

Deciduous
Tue, Mar-05-13, 15:28
Your post really hit home with me. I have been very frustrated and tired of it all lately, too, and a member mentioned that it might be good to just go back to basic, induction style, healthy meals and not track or try to be creative or try solutions that have worked for other folks for awhile and see how it all shakes out, so that is what I am doing too.

It is maddening to gain and then stabilize eating LC and trying to be so careful, I agree. Good luck to us both :) I think yours is a great idea, which is why I'm taking a "break" too.

Firefly428
Tue, Mar-05-13, 16:54
WOW I can relate.

I was thinking this the other day. sick of thinking about food and tracking and worrying about what goes in my mouth. I can get over obsessed sometimes and it tires me to no end.

I am kinda doing the same. eating back to induction type foods. no more worrying about fancier meals to figure out carb counts to make them.....just simple meat and veg.

I lost almost 30 and I can't seem to keep it going down. I don't know. I am getting tired of it all too. Never will leave LC at all. I know my body is changing with inches even if that scale isn't moving. I can see it so that makes me feel good at least.

ugh. I hear ya. I am there also. So I guess we just work thru it all best we can.

Slimniki
Wed, Mar-06-13, 07:31
Oh how I can relate! In the past that fatigue has derailed me. This time around I also IF (intermittent Fast) and I don't think about food at all much. I do exactly as you have planned, and surprisingly I have lost a lot of inches!!! I may eat 1-2 very simple meat and salad/veggie meals per day and that is it! IF frees me from worrying about meal planning etc. I just keep a lot of cooked meat and some salad stuff around and I am good to go! My family pretty much eats the same as I do now so that has been a wonderful blessing!!!

Your plan is just that a real PLAN that is very simple to execute. I bet you lose inches before that number changes on the scale. KUTGW!!!

madeyna
Wed, Mar-06-13, 15:05
Freedom!!!!! I feel like I,m cheating because I,m not counting anything. :lol: It sounds like alot of us on here have hit a I need a break point ;) I,m not expecting any weight loss doing this . Just giving myself a mental break. I lost weight well on it last year doing it before TOM every month but that was back before I hit the never ending stall. :lol:

Kirsteen
Wed, Mar-06-13, 15:30
Freedom!!!!! I feel like I,m cheating because I,m not counting anything. :lol: It sounds like alot of us on here have hit a I need a break point ;) I,m not expecting any weight loss doing this . Just giving myself a mental break. I lost weight well on it last year doing it before TOM every month but that was back before I hit the never ending stall. :lol:

There's no reason why you shouldn't lose weight as long as you don't break away from the Atkins diet with little cheats. :D I'm glad you're feeling relieved and less stressed.

madeyna
Wed, Mar-06-13, 20:22
I,ve been losing the same couple of pounds over and over again so I,m not expecting a loss from this when all my micro managing fat % and protein % and cals hasn,t been getting me any lasting results. Just need a mental break from all the micro managing. I ate off plan a week or so ago and actually lost a pound the next few days. Refound it a few days later though eating low cal low carb high fat . By body seems to have gone competely bonkers but TOMS coming so that probly has a part to play. I also have a cyst on my right overy getting ready to pop so thats probly playing havoc with my hormons. I think that could be part of why me weight is bouncing around the same three pounds regardless of what I do. :agree:

CallmeAnn
Wed, Mar-06-13, 21:04
There's no reason why you shouldn't lose weight as long as you don't break away from the Atkins diet with little cheats. :D I'm glad you're feeling relieved and less stressed.

You know, I totally forgot that stress can be a factor in your body holding on to weight. This might be just what the doctor (A) ordered.

Kirsteen
Thu, Mar-07-13, 04:52
Madeyna, the fluctuations are normal on a low-carb diet.. but hopefully the scales gradually creep down rather than up. It is frustrating, but at 150 you're going to find weight-loss slow. My weight sometimes sticks, but I just soldier on, and since I am loving the food and not making a big deal about recording every bite, not losing is fine with me. I only gain if I deviate from the low-carb plan a bit too much. High fat doesn't work with too many carbs added in - it ends up high cal. Eeek!

CallMeAnn - that's a good point. I was forgetting that stress can impede weight-loss, as can too little sleep.

madeyna
Fri, Mar-08-13, 10:38
I think stress has been my problem for a long time now. My husband had a stroke followed a few months later by a large very rare anurizm on his heart last year. He had open heart surgery in oct. I,m making a point to walk everyday to reduce stress now.