PDA

View Full Version : My doc & Low Carb

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ivory
Fri, May-17-02, 21:20
I went to my doctor today for the first time since starting CAD, and was a little nervous that he was going to tell me that he didn't like Lo-Carb plans or something like that, I was SOOO relieved to find that he thinks it's great! He's gonna test my cholestoral more because I wanted to be cautious and make sure I'm not doing damage to myself(not that I really think I am)

Anyway I'm just SOOO happy that my doc isn't gonna hassle me about Low Carbing! :D

MistyBee
Fri, May-17-02, 21:21
That's great, Ivory!!

http://www.smilies.nl/yellows/king.gif

Your doctor is a king among docs...

-m-

Hope I can find one like that...

DWRolfe
Sat, May-18-02, 06:34
My doctor supports the program and my efforts, too...

Every time I go to se him he is so pleased with my progress. It doesn't huert that he too has struggled with weight issues most of his life. In fact, that was the reason I chose to see him in the first place. In addition to not supporting LCing, some doctors are unable to hide their disgust with overweight people. I went to a dcotor like that once. the experience left me scared, and depressed for many months.

I hope he comes back as a fat person in his next life....

Continued success to you!

Donald

:wave:

Ivory
Sat, May-18-02, 21:47
I like that! A hex on all the prejudice skinny people!!!

I was really glad when my doctor was so happy for me. I don't know why I was nervous, how can a doctor be upset if you say "well I've cut out candy, ice cream, chips etc, and instead I'm eating more vegetables and drinking more water"

By the way Donald, I saw your before/after pics, and way to go!!!

I can't wait til I have lost enough for before/after pics to be dramaticly different...goodbye tummy, hello bathing suit!! (okay, its gonna be awhile before I'm welcoming a bathing suit that gladly! )