PDA

View Full Version : Need Meringue Cookie Recipe!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Michellerg
Wed, May-15-02, 12:53
Hello all,

I've got a really bad craving for meringue cookies but need a time tested recipe to use. Does anyone have one they'd like to share?

I found one online and nearly lost my right arm trying to whip the dang egg whites--even the speed mixer didn't help--and they still didn't stiffen! I need the help of the experts--YOU!

Please share any recipes and instructions for your favorite meringue cookies!
Thank you!
Michelle

wangeci
Wed, May-15-02, 13:18
I don't have the recipe in front of me but there is a great cookie in the Protein Power book, not PPLP but the first one, for coconut meringue cookies. They are fabulous. Let your egg whites be room temp, rather then right from the fridge, this will help dramatically, and of course an electric mixer if you aren't using one already.

Cindy

Michellerg
Wed, May-15-02, 15:02
Hi Cindy,

I just spoke to a coworker about meringue cookies and you just confirmed what she said--room temp eggs are the trick. I'll have to try that!
M

ciouid
Tue, Jul-09-02, 18:24
The secret to creating a stiff meringue is a wire whisk and a stainless steel bowl. Make sure you rub it with some salt & vineger before you begin to remove any oils that may be in the bowl. I use eggs right from the fridge and an electric mixer on high. Also, make sure you get no yolk in with the whites. Fat prevents the whites from whipping as well! ( I watch too much Martha Stewart! )