PDA

View Full Version : Daikon, Chinese Cabbage & Tofu Soup

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

doreen T
Tue, Jan-30-01, 13:01
http://www.lowcarb.ca/karen/recipe036.html

hi Karen,

Thanks for this simple recipe. I haven't been feeling well lately, with a real NEED for chicken noodle soup. This just filled the bill - I cut the tofu into long thin strips. Perfect.

Good timing too; I had to get groceries yesterday, and the lo bok (daikon) was fresh, firm and plump, 99 cents a lb. and the ginger ... must be in season. It was perfect, thin papery skin, with pink tips ... also 99 cents a lb.

We are really lucky here in my area - sometimes I feel it's the middle of nowhere, but it's such a diverse multicultural community. What some folks consider "unusual" produce and ingredients, are readily and cheaply available at all our neighbourhood groceries ... lemon grass, lo bok, bodie beans, cilantro, dasheen, plantain, fresh coconuts, yucca, eddoes, collards, Swiss chard and chayote squash. And my personal fave, the long oriental eggplants with thin skin, fewer seeds and sweet flesh ....yummmmm....:cool:

thanks again,
Doreen