PDA

View Full Version : My first "Before & After" photos...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DWRolfe
Sun, May-12-02, 18:53
Well, I'm rushing this a bit...I had planned to wait to do this until I hit my goal of 350...

...and today I'm at 355. I also had planned to take the "After" photo wearing some new smaller clothes (instead of my carpenter jeans!), but what the hell, I think the 71 pound difference is noteworthy, plus I'm learning how to Photoshop the images together so that when I take some new (better) photos I can throw them together with ease. Besides, I always appreciate when others post B&A shots. I find them inspirational!!

I wanted to post this in the "Success Stories" forum, but I thought I'd wait to post there until I have better photos (and I've lost more weight!)

So here's my photos...the Before is me in November 2001, 1.5 months before I started LCing. I estimate my weight here at 410 or so. I reached 426 before I started LCing in January 2002. The After is me today at 355. And I will post some others in less baggy clothes!

Can't begin to tell you how difficult it is to share the "Before" photo...it's painful for me to look at...I'm smiling, but so ashamed, unhappy and scared inside...

Bless us one and all...

Donald :wave:

tamarian
Sun, May-12-02, 19:30
Way to go Donald!! You look half the man you used to be! ;)

Wa'il

Natrushka
Sun, May-12-02, 19:48
Wow, Donald, you look great! Keep it up :thup:

Nat

tlawson
Sun, May-12-02, 20:45
Donald,

That's incredible!! You're looking great - amazing!! That deserves a cheer - :cheer:

Theresa :wave:

mselly572
Sun, May-12-02, 22:01
WOW, wow, wow....your look amazing!
Good for you!

Your an inspiration.

All the best
Elly

Cinderella
Sun, May-12-02, 22:16
YOU look Marvooooooolus!! :daze: :daze: :daze:

If you ever have a "low day"...log on here and look at THIS POST!!! :D

Proud Hugs....Cin :wave:

ldypgmr
Mon, May-13-02, 06:26
Hi Donald,

Your pics look great...you are definately a "Hunk".

Keep up the great work.

Dee

:wave:

nsmith4366
Mon, May-13-02, 06:40
You are beautiful...you must feel wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was a typical day of food for you BEFORE Atkins came along?

Nsmith

starchile
Mon, May-13-02, 09:40
You look absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!! You have done a FABULOUS job!!!

Congratulations on your loss so far and I wish you continued success!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Peace and Balance,
Star

starchile
Mon, May-13-02, 09:45
Can't begin to tell you how difficult it is to share the "Before" photo...it's painful for me to look at...

I know exactly what you mean, Donald! When I look at my before pic, I can't even BELIEVE that I was that big. How did I let myself get there without even realizing it??

I have a question for you...do you look the same to yourself when you look in the mirror or do you see the slimmer version?

Peace,
Star

DWRolfe
Mon, May-13-02, 10:36
Hi Star! Thanks for your comments and question...

I'd have to say I see the newer, slimmer me. Inside, however, I still carry a lot of the "old me" baggage.

I'm working on it though!

As strange as it may sound, I think it's easier to see myself differently now that I can fit into seats again and because I don't feel so conspicuous in public. It feeds my confidence!

Thanks ;)

Baileymous
Mon, May-13-02, 10:46
Congratulations! You look fantastic!

It's great when you can see results, and in your case we can definitely see them!

Baileymous

odd sock
Mon, May-13-02, 15:11
I'd post a huge WOLF whistle if I could!

Denaria
Mon, May-13-02, 15:45
Donald,

You are truely inspirational!! Congrats :thup:

D

kalondra
Mon, May-13-02, 18:11
[SIZE=3]Congratulations Donald![/ SIZE]

Donald your success is wonderful and helps keep me going. Thank you for posting the pictures. You look great! I love the bald head :D :cheer:

kalondra

HelloKitty
Mon, May-13-02, 18:29
Wonderful pictures, Donald!!!! Thank you so much for posting them! You should be so proud!!!

:thup:

Melissa

In_Control
Mon, May-13-02, 18:44
I am so inspired by your tremedous success and achievement. It's amazing! After losing 30 pounds, I really don't think people can see the difference yet, but 71 POUNDS! When I reach that ... I'll post my B & A as well. Gosh, ... I'm all excited now just seeing how that transformed you...I can't wait to see the new me.

Thanks for your courage to post the before. You look great!

:thup: Keep it up.

Lessara
Mon, May-13-02, 19:21
My My! Don't you look great!
Congrats on your loss!

kahuck
Tue, May-14-02, 16:49
Geat job man 8^) keep it up

darling44
Wed, May-15-02, 07:51
Wow, Donald can't believe your results. Thanks for the pics they really inspire me to go on. You look great!

Traveller
Wed, May-15-02, 12:46
WOW Great inspiration for all of us. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I have lost just 32 lbs and am amazed when somebody tells me they see a difference. Can't wait to lose more.
This is the best Way of eating , Best way of life.
Looking forward to your next picture.

alto
Wed, May-15-02, 12:57
Hooray, Donald!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

71 of those little pompom girls might get a bit tedious, but you get the idea!

Congratulations! And thank you for sharing the photos and your story -- definitely a Success Story :)

not2fat
Wed, May-15-02, 13:11
You sure DO look great...I could swear you don't even look like 355 lbs. in the after shot (and that's with BAGGY clothes on!!)...must be alot of muscle...

fern2340
Wed, May-15-02, 14:17
Donald-
What an impressive difference! You are looking so great! You should be so very proud!

Take care,
Linda

Crafty
Wed, May-15-02, 14:21
You look great. I agree that you look like you weigh less then what you posted. Have you been exercising from the start? I showed your pictures to my dh. He started working out about a month ago, and has changed his eating habits somewhat, but does not want to try low-carb. For some reason he is afraid that it wouldn't be healthy since he is lifting so much weight.

His start weight is probably comparable to yours (he doesn't know for sure). Hopefully if he sees some progress with me, he will get interested enough to read the book. I started less then a week ago, but so far, I'm doing good.

DWRolfe
Wed, May-15-02, 15:05
Thank you so much for all of the encouragement from those who have posted here!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...THIS GROUP IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT IN MY ONGOING WEIGHT LOSS SUCCESS!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

To those who have written that I look smaller than 350lbs (bless you!) I assure you thatI have plenty more weight to lose! I think my weight is spread out evenly around my body rather than mostly in one spot (OK, my gut is big...but getting smaller). :p

Crafty: I probably shouldn't admit this here, but I haven't exercised at all yet. I want to, but I haven't made time for it. I know in the Atkins book it says that we're not doing the full program unless exercise is incorporated, but I haven't started yet. Unless chasing around my 3 month old puppy counts!

Continued success and healthy LCing to all...

agonycat
Wed, May-15-02, 15:52
Donald,

All I can say is WOW what a change! I am so happy for you to have shown such great change in such a short time. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. Just more proof that if you stick with it, it does work :)

nsmith4366
Wed, May-15-02, 17:10
Again keep up the great work!
Nancy

imready
Wed, May-15-02, 17:51
I am so inspired! You look great! Keep up the good work and keep posting pics!

ptjody
Thu, May-16-02, 07:16
Splendid work, Donald. I am going to have to share these photos with my husband. He, our son and myself did before pics and I can't wait to compare them when we get down the line farther. Thanks for sharing your success.

Jody :thup:

Karla
Thu, May-16-02, 10:43
Congratulations, Donald! You look terrific and what an enormous change 71 pounds makes! Or course that big happy grin adds to the effect. :clap: :clap:

Karla

razzle
Thu, May-16-02, 11:07
wow, Donald. you look great! You also don't look anywhere near 100 pounds overweight. And what a great smile! you leave me wanting to smile right along with you.

From looking at you, I'd guess you're a mesomorph and if you DO ever decide to pick up the weights, the muscle mass will come to you easily!

DWRolfe
Thu, May-16-02, 11:45
It's true, Razzle...

...when I lift, everything gets pumped up and perky pretty darn fast. I love lifting, and am looking forward to starting again. But we're seriously house hunting right now and I'm hesitant to join a gym until I know where we're going to settle. But as soon as I know, I'll start working out again.

I hate all those words that end in "morph". No matter what proceeds it, they all sound like FAT MAN to me! :rolleyes:

hjackson
Fri, May-17-02, 06:19
I'm SO excited for you! I know how fantastic it has felt to get 27 pounds off in 2.5 months...I can't imagine 71 in 6 months! YAY!! What a great loser!

:cheer:

(By the way, GO SEE STAR WARS!)

Frodo2001
Fri, May-17-02, 08:15
Even though you haven't lost as much weight as you want, You definitely should have posted in "Success Stories" because as far as I'm concerned you are definitely a SUCCESS! Congratulations, and I wish you continued progress on your journey.

anna3636
Fri, May-17-02, 19:54
Just wanted to tell you keep up the great work....

debbie2002
Fri, May-17-02, 20:05
Donald,
Thank you for sharing! I am two months into LCing and have lost 27 pounds. My co-workers see more of a difference than I do, I can't wait to say "I've lost 70 pounds!!!".

Also, thanks for taking the time to say hi to the newbie. :-)

LC_Dave
Sat, May-18-02, 00:48
Hi Donald!

You've done great! You have really inspired me!

I know I've been away from this board, but you've given me hope to come back!

No exercise as of yet? damn!!!! :)

The reason I have struggled , I believe, is my mental state.

Tell me, do you feel in a good mental state, to deal with all this? Is this why you are achieveing great success?

Congrats!

Dave

DWRolfe
Sat, May-18-02, 06:21
LCDave...you're absolutely right, my head is in a very good place now...

...and I'm sure it's why I'm enjoying myself so much with this WOE/WOL.

Just like when we try other forms of reduction (yes, even low cal, low fat!), it's essential to have a drive to succeed. Without that drive, we're destined to fail.

For me, the the inspiration to succeed was born of depression and the sudden onset of arthritic knees. In all honesty, it was if a switch had been thrown. One day I could walk, and the next I was in so much pain that I thought I had finally let myself go to the point that I would never walk normally again. Some older people I know even told me to just accept my condition and that I would be in pain for the rest of my life. I'M ONLY 42 YEARS OLD!

This also happened to me at Christmas 2001, so I had to see my entire family while I was in that state of disrepair. I could see the worry on their faces. I was filled with shame.

So over the course of a week I made the decision to start LCing and with each day my momentum grew. I have never looked back, and I can honestly say that in 4.5 months I have NEVER, EVER considered letting anything not part of the program pass my lips. I've eaten plenty of all the wrong things...that's how I got to 427lbs to begin with...so I don't need those things any more.

BTW, my knees no longer hurt and I stopped taking pain meds months ago. I can fit in seats, my seat belt works, I can bend over and tie my shoes or pick things up off the floor. I don't lose my breath from the slightest movements and I have all kinds of clothes to wear again.

I'd be even happier to think that I've inspired you further to resume your LCing!

Don't be a stranger....

Victoria
Sat, May-18-02, 16:49
Donald,
What an inspiration! Isn't it wonderful to experience that kind of success? You look marvelous! It's amazing how wonderful it feels to be able to do things that the bulk had kept you from doing. Like simply fitting into seats or tying your shoes. I think that and the baggy clothes are pretty exhilarating! Thank you for sharing your success. We all appreciate it and hope to see "less" of you as time goes by. ;) Aren't you glad that you heard of low carbing and found this forum? I know I am. :rheart: Victoria

coyote
Sat, May-18-02, 17:25
WOW
You look great. Your dedication is really paying off. Your also giving me alot of inspiration. I can't wait until I've lost enough weight so that I can share before and after photos like youself. I also have to add that you sure don't look like you weigh 350. I"m looking forward to more pictures from you as you reach another milestone

Good Luck and again GREAT JOB :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Rhonda0726
Sat, May-18-02, 18:51
:wave: :cheer: :cheer: You are doing wonderful! I understand completely about your feelings. It is ironic what a smile can hide isn't it? I think those of us who have this much to lose can feel where you are. NOT to take anything away from anyone and MOST DEFINATELY not to offend anyone who does not have the numbers to lose that we do. But from someone who has not been able to fit into a chair, or a bathroom stall in a restaurant, let alone a booth. Or when the waitress or waiter watches you sit in a chair with that "am I going to have to pick them up?" look on their face. I can understand. But you are well on your journey! How wonderful! and I want you to know. I am digging out the infor for the scanner and hooking it up. After seeing how brave you are, and Tesia, I am going to put some before pictures on. I have to find some tho! I did not really like going in front of the camera!Thanks for sharing, and your encouragement I get from your posts. Have a good weekend! :wave:

phonemarsh
Sat, May-18-02, 20:57
What a wonderful difference. Congratulations. Burn or bury those old clothes............

SharonC
Sat, May-18-02, 21:08
Wow, what a transformation!
You truly are an inspriration to all of us, keep up the great work and attitude.

:clap::clap:

Sharon

Do not follow the common path. Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jimsgems
Sat, May-18-02, 21:12
Way to go Donald!! You are looking good, we are running (well kinda...side by side, just LC-ing ourselves to a new person. Your doing great.

Jimsgems
Sat, May-18-02, 21:20
Donald, your an inspiration.

enemyhal
Sat, May-18-02, 23:43
Donald, just wanted to say a picture speaks a thousand words, but yours leave me speechless!!!!!I think b&a photos are great motivational tools not only for yourself, but also for others , like us, in the same boat.Thanks so much for sharing these with us, can't wait to see future photos! Best of luck:) :wave:

PATTYT98
Sun, May-19-02, 08:26
The difference is amazing!!! Just stunning!! You are quite the inspiration..we are all very proud of you!!! Way to go!!!!! Keep up the excellent work!!

Patty :wave:

kelli29
Sun, May-19-02, 12:44
Donald,
You look terrific! Keep up the good work!!! Thanks for the inspiration

Anya
Sun, May-19-02, 17:14
Way to go GUY Way to go GUY
Congratulations and I agree, I always get inspiration from others before and after photos....GO DONALD GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:

Atrsy
Mon, May-20-02, 05:52
That is amazing! :eek:

I'll bet if you'd run into people who haven't seen you in a while, they wouldn't recognize you! You look fantastic. And I agree with you, ditch those old clothes and get some that fit. It will help you feel better about yourself. You must be so proud! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Cherio
Mon, May-20-02, 09:49
Donald, Donald, Donald.......

VA VA VA VOOOOOOOM!! :rheart: Excellant job, keep up the good work, it is definately paying off. :thup:

L. Denniso
Wed, May-22-02, 10:29
Congratulations Donald you look great. Keep up the good work!

Linda :thup: :) :roll:

briannajoy
Wed, May-22-02, 21:34
!!!GREAT JOB DONALD!!!

Way to go! You should be *very* proud of yourself!

It's not always easy but it's always worth it :)

hope to hear more of your continued success

(and see more pics)

:)

Brianna

danume
Fri, May-24-02, 16:44
Donald

Always remember that you are worth every minute of your effort to be healthy.
You look fantastic ...... :daizy:
Marcie :D

wbahn
Sat, May-25-02, 09:25
Great pictures, Donald. They really show what amazing progress you have made.

ERSmith45
Mon, May-27-02, 07:17
I just started to cruz through other people's journals and you were one of the first places I visited. I need to tell you that when your journal opened, I was given that :dazzle: "WOW" :dazzle: shock when I saw your mug shot. You have this increadible smile!!! Don't lose that beard any time soon either, it looks beautiful. :blush: Did I say all that....:rolleyes:

Then I made it to the body of your journal page and saw your before and after pictures. :D WOW, again!:thup: I bet you feel wonderful.

One of the things that I struggle with is my girth.:roll: Doing normal things can be so tough sometimes. :( God forbid if I had to put on panty hose everyday! :eek: This is my third time around on trying to ditch my weight. I have not been overweight all of my life, just most of my adult life. :doah:

Keep up the good work!

Always,:rheart:Ela

PineSlayer
Mon, May-27-02, 07:30
You give me such inspiration! Keep up the good work. :D

summer10
Mon, May-27-02, 09:36
WOW, you look GREAT!

suzy3766
Thu, May-30-02, 13:12
Hi Donald...
I cant say it in any other words but wow! You look absolutely amazing. I am so glad you posted those pictures, I find them soo inspiring. THANKS! keep up the fantastic work...

Lolabug
Thu, May-30-02, 14:21
Way to go!!!!!

I've your posts on the boards and you always have something really great to add.

I'm glad I'm a member of a board that has you in it.

You're pretty inspiring to us all.

Lolabug.

Fergus
Fri, May-31-02, 03:06
Donald,

I know how much guts it would have taken to post the 'before' shot. Excellent loss so far- I know you can keep it going. Oh for that day when we reach our goal. The astonished looks of our friends and most importantly the increase in personal worth will be immeasurable.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Fergus.

peeps
Sat, Jun-01-02, 17:43
Donald, you are a great inspiration ... and you look fabulous!

alan
Sat, Jun-01-02, 19:29
white

Don that is quite an accomplishment. I started on my LC program on 3/1/02 just prior to an operation on 3/9/02 for a total hip replacement.

My surgeon told me that part of my problem was due to the excess weight (335lbs) and I figured since I was having the second hip replaced I should make every effort to make them last for as long as possible.

Don't intend getting on the scale until 3/01/03 or one year from the start of the program. So far I have gone from a 52/54 waist to a 48 and the best part are the compliments from friends. I find that when I weigh myself and I don't like the result in sabortages the program so I will hold off. Look forward to seeing future posts from you with updates of your success.

Al

hjsmom
Sat, Jun-01-02, 21:07
hERE'S A BIG HUG TO YOU FROM ME!!!!!I WAS DOWN TONIGHT UNTIL I SAW YOUR PIX GREAT JOB!!!!!!! :wave:

gapgirl420
Sun, Jun-02-02, 18:12
Congrats Donald

I've been lurking here for quite a while, but I must tell you that after I saw this post and pictures...you've now become my inspiration to jump dead into LC LAND!

There will be quite a lot of people following your success so keep it up...OH...is that your Lady in the picture with you? OR can this truly Southern Gal tell you just how good looking you are!
I'd be happy to help you chase that puppy around if you need some help!

Keep up the good job...and listen cause I'll be yelling for help from time to time...

GAP

chrisews
Mon, Jun-03-02, 05:02
Fantastic!!! You are really an inspiration to us all. chris

F.tuley
Mon, Jun-03-02, 05:24
You are doing so well,and the photos are here to prove it,keep doing it,you look really good. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Fatima

DWRolfe
Mon, Jun-03-02, 13:54
Thank you so much for all of the really thoughtful comments that have been posted here...

The best part of this for me isn't that it makes me feel attractive or validated, but that it may inspire others to stay the course.

I've lost another 7 pounds since I posted these pix, and I'm on to my next mini goal of 100lbs lost by September 11th (my birthday...yeah, I know, a rather crummy day for a birthday in the U.S.)....

Thanks again, and continued LC success to one and all!

Donald

hjackson
Mon, Jun-03-02, 15:25
Originally posted by DWRolfe
... I'm on to my next mini goal of 100lbs lost by September 11th (my birthday...yeah, I know, a rather crummy day for a birthday in the U.S.)....

Don't worry about the fact that the day you were born happened to become a day when people will mourn their losses.

People die every single day. People are born every day. The people who happen to be born on the same day that some one died aren't responsible for the death. They don't owe anything to the mourning family or friends. If we all lived our lives an apology for being born on a day that happened to be a really crappy day for other people, we could never experience victory, joy, satisfaction, peace, love, contentment, or a million other desirable emotions and experiences.

We don't expect those who are grieving their losses to forget their grief on our behalf, but neither do they expect us to forget the thrill of living on theirs. And unless someone was just a complete and utter killjoy bitter picklebutt of a person, they would be grieved to know that their death would prevent the celebration of life for others.

You still aren't sure how you can celebrate a birthday on the anniversary of devestation so broad and far-reaching? Do what the terrorists were trying to stop. Live your life. Celebrate life, living, and thriving in the freest country in the world. Honor the death of those who were sacrficed by not giving in to what the killers wanted. Don't die with them.

My father died 7 years ago. My birthday is 9 months, to the day, after the day he died. His birthday was 3 days before mine. At first, I had trouble with the grief so near to my own events. And I do still grieve, lest people think I'm an uncaring cold witch. But I realised that, the day my father died, I didn't. As long as I lived, as long as I remembered him, he would live through me. I couldn't continue to celebrate the blessings my father passed on to me if I had allowed myself to wallow in grief and be buried with him that day. My father wouldn't have wanted me to die when he did, wouldn't have wanted my entire identity so wrapped up in him and his death that I could never again experience the joy of life.

I missed him at my graduations. I missed him when I met and married my husband. I will miss him when I give birth to grandchildren he will never know, but would have adored. I will miss him when I see his smile on their lips, or his life in their eyes. But I do my father a disservice, I do my family a disservice, if I lose myself in my grief. I must choose to celebrate his life, instead of only mourning his passing. I want my children to know their grandfather as the loving, vital man he was, and not as a major depressor in their mother's life.

Don't be sorry you happened to have been born on a day when monsters chose to strike. Don't be afraid to celebrate all the wonders and joy life offers. You can pause to mourn, but remember to continue to live and love. As long as we persist, we've defeated the terrorists...and the sacrifice we payed on your birthday won't ever be an empty or vain one.

gapgirl420
Mon, Jun-03-02, 17:16
DAVID,

I'd be proud to share the day with so many who gave their lives for the ole USA!!!

Congrats on the extra loss of poundage..Keep it up!

GAP

MaryAnn
Mon, Jun-03-02, 20:46
Hey Donald,
Sorry this is so long coming, I have been off the wagon for awhile. :( but am back on now. You look fantastic!!!!!! What an inspiration. Keep up the good work and keep posting those pictures. :Party:

Mary Ann

Lolabug
Tue, Jun-04-02, 06:20
Heather,

That was very eloquently put. I couldn't have said it better myself.

It's okay to look back every once in while with tears in our eyes, but a majority of the time we should be looking forward with smiles on our faces.

Lolabug.

DWRolfe
Wed, Jun-05-02, 11:33
Y'all are absolutely right...

...about celebrating life on my Sept. 11th birthday.

I had honestly never looked at it that way. I can be so thick headed sometimes...

Thanks for starting that thread, hjackson!

Donald

hjackson
Wed, Jun-05-02, 13:15
Just remember we all love you!

Rhonda0726
Wed, Jun-05-02, 18:13
:help: Can anyone help me? I am on my second time around with Protein Power. The first time, I lost 62 pounds and over 200 inches. Because of a medication change and giving up for awhile, I have gained back over 40 pounds. I am getting back on track, but am getting no where, real fast! I have at least stopped gaining, but now am back up where I swore I would never be again. However, my cholesterol and tryglyceride levels are staying down. Can anyone give me any hints or advise that helped them a second time around get past the 3 pound weight loss stall I have been on for weeks? I would really appreciate it if you could. Also, I want to thank everyone for their threads. I have learned so much since reading this forum. And the main thing, is I am not alone! God bless and thanks!

Luna
Sat, Jun-08-02, 08:35
WOW -- what a difference! You sure do carry your weight well -- I would have guessed you at MUCH less from your "after" photo. :) You are a very good looking guy -- can't wait to see when you get finished. (Don't tell dh I said that! ;) )

NNN
Sat, Jun-08-02, 18:09
Wow Sure looking great! :thup:
Norma

all4tweety
Sun, Jun-09-02, 02:54
Michael!

You look great! Keep up the good work.
You are an inspiration to us all!
I hope that you "feel" as good as you look-
be good to yourself. :daze: :) :)

AngelaR
Sun, Jun-09-02, 11:05
Don't know how I missed your success story. I try to make a point of checking in here regularly. Delated congratulations to you Donald. You're looking quite fine there young man! We're all proud of you for sticking to it, and for all you contribute to this community.

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Chrissy
Sun, Jun-09-02, 11:47
WTG Donald!

btw....I just love men with beards! ;)

nikkiend
Sun, Jun-09-02, 15:25
Donald,
You look wonderful! Keep up the good work! You're an inspiration. :D

canuckchic
Mon, Jun-10-02, 00:19
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :Party: :Party: :Party: :Party: :Party: :Party: :Party: :Party: :hyper:

Thank-you soooo much for the inspiration ! Marie :D

Cimorene
Mon, Jun-10-02, 11:31
I had just read your greeting in response to my own introduction, and there your beaming face was again......"before" and "after" full of life and full of soul! I appreciate your suggestion go check into the "triple digits" section, because although I've managed to take off this weight before, I do think the hardest thing is becoming discouraged and letting the low-self-esteem becoming debilitating and defeating....

I'm glad I checked in and looking forward to my SECOND day of taking good care of myself!

I'm also looking forward to figuring out how to talk with people individually.....there is a lot to figure out here, and I spend way too much time at my computer anyway, being a student......

Tanyaskees
Mon, Jun-10-02, 19:09
Donald, you look fantastic. Way to go, keep it up.....YEAHHHHHH.

Zebidee
Tue, Jun-11-02, 01:40
Donald,

those photos are amazing. What a difference! You must be very happy. You look wonderful!

Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to the next pic!

Cyberhugs and congrats,

Zebidee :wave:

lngirl
Tue, Jun-11-02, 15:20
Donald,
I see you've continued to go down even since you posted
your pictures. Way to go!! I'm right at a 70 lb loss also but am at a stand still. Seeing how great you look is wonderful inspiration. :thup: lngirl

Pat S.
Thu, Jun-13-02, 21:52
Donald.
WOW !!!!What a role model you look great I am new and am so impressed with your success. :wave:

TT21
Sun, Jun-16-02, 18:00
Donald...
TEARS OF JOY AND HAPPINESS FOR YOU.... WONDERUL JOB..Keep it up.. I know how it feels!!

:yay:

VictoriaT
Mon, Jun-17-02, 07:13
:wave: :wave: Donald,
You look so wonderful!! I am really happy for you.
I know what you mean about smiling on the outside and feeling really bad inside.

I wish you continued success. You are an inspiration to me! I just started on my diet.

Thanks!
Vicki :D

towerprncs
Tue, Jun-18-02, 05:13
Just wanted to add my little hooray to all the others--what a difference--you look a lot younger!! I'm so proud of you and I don't even know you!! I know how you feel about the before picture--it takes a lot of courage to share something like that but you have no idea what sort of hope it gives big people too--because if you can do it--they can do it--what a wonderful inspiration--we're all looking forward to more from the incredible shrinking man!

Well done!
Kae
All together on the road to enLIGHTenment

kellyp
Tue, Jun-18-02, 06:29
WOW!!! :dazzle: I am whistling, but you can't hear me.LOL No, but seriously your transformation is truly awesome and inspiring! And as others have said, you carry your weight well, because you don't look as heavy as you stated you are now. I hope & pray that I can be that successful. Also, beautiful eyes Donald.

Cher
Mon, Jun-24-02, 19:09
Wow, I'm so glad that this thread got posted in the "Success Stories" section... cause it's so motivational. Well you already know how great I think you're doing but, now...you've not only motivated me...but thousands.
Way to go...and just in case you haven't seen them lately...here's the cheering squad saying YAY DONALD...

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer::cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Keep up the great work :rose:

Kristine
Sun, Jul-07-02, 19:51
Hey Donald! A belated congratulations on your success so far! It won't be long now until you can successfully attend Star Trek conventions and impersonate Jonathan Frakes, thusly being bombarded by adoring female fans. :D

I think you have the nicer smile. :D

I like photoshop, too. :thup:

dankar
Mon, Jul-08-02, 04:41
Hi Donald,
I just wanted to say thanks for being such a wonderful source of motivation and inspiration for us all. THANK YOU! dankar

good egg
Mon, Jul-08-02, 12:12
I wanted to thank you for your before and after post... I am (was) only two weeks into induction until the 4th of July hit and today I am starting all over... at the same weight I started two weeks ago (I had lost like 8 pounds...). Anyways, I was looking for some inspiration and you provided it.

Keep up the good work.
I will be trying too!

RawSienna
Mon, Jul-08-02, 17:46
Actually...in your before pictures you look great....an amazing smile and spirit shining through...that part doesn't change...it is only enhanced by your new-found confidence and energy! Keep up the great work....you are an inspiration...to be sure! :wave:

pippa
Mon, Jul-08-02, 18:17
WOW! that is great, If only i can have those same results in 5mos. lol good for you, and by the way your quite the looker :roll:

RawSienna
Thu, Jul-11-02, 12:14
Just popped in to say hello...see how you are doing!
I just downloaded the Deep Dish Pizza Quiche recipe. I'm going to make it this weekend. It sounds absolutely YUMMY. I downloaded Awesome Chicken Brocolli one to try too! Thanks for sharing them!

Hoping this post finds you well...and happy...and in good LC spirits! :wave:

pippa
Thu, Jul-11-02, 22:07
Hi Don,

How r ya, I hope good. How's the loss? I hope good aldo. Look I was in the recipes, and i stumbled across the french toast"pork rinds", And i now this isn't really the place to ask but, can i have the full recipe? And are they ok to have during induction?

thanks pip

MaltoMeel
Sun, Jul-14-02, 18:04
Wow! What an inspiration. What a smile!

obxpoohmom
Thu, Jul-18-02, 13:14
OMG, I'm so excited, to see pics of before and after has just given me a whole new incentive. I can't wait till I can actually go on here and post pics of myself before and after. You look marvelous!! and I wish you all the happiness life has to offer.

niksauntie
Thu, Jul-18-02, 13:51
How inspiring!!! I love to be able to see the b/a pics and your's is my fav so far. I wanted to tell you you have such a great smile (even in the before) and congratulate you on your progress!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!

Domd
Fri, Jul-26-02, 08:03
Don,

Awsome!!!

Thanks for posting the B/A pics it gives us hope that we can aspire to the same level of success you have achieved.

congrats. :thup:

Dom

ShutterShy
Fri, Aug-02-02, 11:37
Hey Donald, :wave:

You look quite handsome. That smile really shows how feel. (YOU JUST GLOW!) I am so happy for you. :p You are an insparation to all of us. Thanks for keeping us company on this long journey!

Sincerely,

Rae

:bhug:

jmsm4
Sat, Aug-03-02, 20:21
Don,

WOW You are my new hero

John

kellser
Sun, Aug-11-02, 23:46
A SuPeRsTaR!!

Nothing like great before/after pics to get the motivation going!! :thup:

Really proud of all of your hard work. :roll:

~Kellser

cre8tivgrl
Tue, Aug-20-02, 16:51
You are so positive and inspiring!! Great job! :p

Shelley

Sherry B
Thu, Aug-29-02, 20:25
That's all I can say. WOW!

DWRolfe
Wed, Sep-04-02, 13:13
I guess I better take some new pix as I've lost another 20lbs since this original post!

Good health to us one and all!

SusanKH
Wed, Sep-18-02, 15:47
Donald,
Love the big, baggy, clown pants - you know, it's people like you who are willing to share that inspire people like me who have quite a bit of weight to lose. Looking at you, we know it can be done.
Thanks,
Susan

shawj11
Sat, Sep-21-02, 10:07
WOW!
That is incredible. You look fantastic! You must be soo proud of yourself. KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your well on your way!

Congratulations!

fuze
Sat, Sep-21-02, 12:20
You have no idea how inspiring those pictures are to me. I fell off the LC wagon and gained all my weight back which makes me depressed but, looking at your results makes me want to jump back on!

Thanks so much!

Carianne
Sat, Sep-21-02, 13:39
WOW! Amazing. You are doing fantastic. I can only imagine how good the next pics will look if those first ones look that awesome!
This is a great post, you are inspiring all of us to keep it going and then we can post back at you and cheer you on some more (not that it looks like you need it!! HAHA!)

Carianne

SooCee
Sat, Sep-21-02, 22:53
Wow Congratulations you look GREAT!

Great Modivator and Inspiration!

Keep it Up :thup:

PoofieD
Sun, Sep-22-02, 09:04
In fact you look so much like someone I care about very much... I am still thinking of letting him and his family know about this WOE.
His dad is a very brittle diabetic that has already lost parts of his feet to the ADA guidelines that tell diabetics its OKAY for you to eat food that break down into sugar even though you have problem with your insulin levels/ balance..
ERRGGHHH.
Anyway.. I am duly impressed and I respect all that I can learn from you!
:wave:
Poofie!

PJ in Miam
Sun, Sep-22-02, 17:44
Donald, you're awesome! How inspiring it is! Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to post your success! -- As you might know, success stories help so many other people!

And I agree -- you're a charismatic and handsome guy! -- and you clearly carry your weight well or have a whole lot of muscle, as I'd have guessed lower.

Thanks for sharing!!

PJ

TriciaW
Mon, Sep-23-02, 13:21
Having a Monday Blah day---just ran across your pics and feel much better! What an inspiration! Even though you posted these several months ago, you are still inspiring us all! I am constantly reminded by the great folks on this site that you just have to stick to it and the weight will come off eventually. Thanks again! :D

MarieC
Tue, Sep-24-02, 12:15
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez, you should be a "Poster Child" for LC!

Sen-sa-tion-al!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sylvia
Sun, Sep-29-02, 04:41
:clap: wel done you ARE asuccsess already boy lots of luck from ireland you are one great motivation to us all :wave:

xBaByGrLx
Sat, Oct-19-02, 22:45
oMG OMG... Me and my sister are so inspired by you. I think you should be proud of what you have become for I think it takes a lot of encouragement and I must say you look awesome! BEst of Luck to keep it off. Take care.
TAsha

Originally posted by DWRolfe
Well, I'm rushing this a bit...I had planned to wait to do this until I hit my goal of 350...

...and today I'm at 355. I also had planned to take the "After" photo wearing some new smaller clothes (instead of my carpenter jeans!), but what the hell, I think the 71 pound difference is noteworthy, plus I'm learning how to Photoshop the images together so that when I take some new (better) photos I can throw them together with ease. Besides, I always appreciate when others post B&A shots. I find them inspirational!!

I wanted to post this in the "Success Stories" forum, but I thought I'd wait to post there until I have better photos (and I've lost more weight!)

So here's my photos...the Before is me in November 2001, 1.5 months before I started LCing. I estimate my weight here at 410 or so. I reached 426 before I started LCing in January 2002. The After is me today at 355. And I will post some others in less baggy clothes!

Can't begin to tell you how difficult it is to share the "Before" photo...it's painful for me to look at...I'm smiling, but so ashamed, unhappy and scared inside...

Bless us one and all...

Mjsturg1
Tue, Nov-26-02, 15:53
You look like a million bucks !!!

Keep up all your hard work...you are an inspiration :)

firsttimer
Thu, Nov-28-02, 07:30
I am stalling a bit on Atkins.. but when I saw your pics I KNEW I have to continue.... I must read your journa.. It is so awesome.

Tina

erikamass
Sun, Dec-01-02, 18:54
Fantastic Job--Keep that smile!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you continued success on your plan. Don't look back just ahead!1 :dazzle:

mizholly
Sun, Dec-01-02, 20:30
Bless your heart. I applaud your courage & your success. Just remember, it's one day at a time ... one step at a time... and one pound at a time. We're all together in this.

Do it for you, you handsome devil you!!

Holly :-)

ANDREINA
Sun, Dec-01-02, 23:17
:) Ii am about to start seriously, and seing you loosing 71 pounds makes me emabarasse if i do not loose the 22 i have to I promisse i will show you my before and my after. By the way dont use baggy clothe take it from me you will look much slimmer if you use tighter clothes, i know it is not easy but please so you will see.
Andreina:clap:

jujubaby
Tue, Dec-03-02, 11:18
I know exactly how you feel!! I was/am living in a shadow, and I hated to take a picture with my grandkids, and ran from the camera on outings.
You are doing great Great!
Keep it up till you regain all your handsome self back!
I'm an old lady, and nothing I did was working .
But I found FOR ME, I had to do what I was doing all my thin years. And that was portion control and low carbing.
I had to revisit this whole process and admit to myself I was lying about the cheats and the sizes of them.
SO now I write things down and try for variety, portion control and to eat the freshest, no processed food possible.
I have incorporated sugar busters with the low carbing, and avoid eating out.
If I eat an open sandwich, it's 2oz of meat 1oz of cheese, 1tsp mayo or none, sm tomatoes, 1 slice stone ground whole wheat bread {no sugar in it}.
2 eggs and 3 whites / with feta cheese and one tbs. bacon bits.
I eat more fish per evening meals, at least 6 to 8 oz. no bread;
free veggies, broccoli, spring salad, string beans.
I eat an occassional baked apple{fuji are the best no sugar sub needed} small tangerine, a few grapes, I stuff three dried figs with pecans{very filling and tasty}
If you want to cut down on nuts eat raw or plain no salt added pecans, walnuts and feel the small portion satisfing.
{keeping salt and sugar desires down }
I will now do anything to keep on target. yesterday, I babysat for grand daughter, and no food that was for me around.{excepting cheese cake etc.] I took a can of plain pumpkin and doctored it with splenda, little butter, all spice and ate a little at a time until I was not hungry at all.
Later, being out I ate an all beef frank no bun and when I came home around 7/8 at night I had baked fresh dover sole with oilive oil and balsamic vinegar w/nuked fresh green beans.

No one really knows I'm doing this. I just don't eat with anybody.
my clothes are still the baggy old stuff.
But soon they will notice! When I shop for smaller sizes just like you!!!
Thank you for sharing and being an inspiration to the rest of us.

tripletmom
Fri, Dec-13-02, 23:32
You look GREAT!!!

Thanks so much for sharing before/after with us! I know how hard it can be, but you've come so far, and you look SO good, isn't great that you can share it with others who can cheer for you because they are on the same team?? YEAH!!!

I'll be taking that dreaded "before" photo within the next two weeks.... but I know that without it, it will be hard to remember where I "came from".

I've said it before, and I'll say it again "You ROCK!"

Your smile could light a thousand rooms.... I would bet you have a huge network of friends!! I'm glad that I consider myself one of them :)

Carol CA
Fri, Dec-13-02, 23:52
I can't believe the big difference that 71 pounds made! And I understand that you're down 30 more pounds? FABULOUS! I am so inspired!

At 41 pounds lost, only my best friend has told me how much my loss shows. Nobody else has... well... my sister. But sisters and best friends always see the best in you... and want you to, also. They love me so much, I'm not sure they can be trusted!
:D
You can trust me, Donald. You look wonderful! :agree:

DWRolfe
Sun, Dec-15-02, 19:53
Today we took some new pictures to mark my 100lb weight loss... the first photo was me at 415lbs (I got up to 426 before I started LCing...the After is me today, at 326...

Huge thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts and encouragement!

http://www.ameritech.net/users/dwrolfe/Donald_100lbs_lost_2_up_copy_NEW.jpg

AngelaR
Sun, Dec-15-02, 20:04
You look marvelous Donald. Your success story is truly inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

Carol CA
Sun, Dec-15-02, 20:16
THAT deserved a second look.
WOW!!!
http://mswrite.home.mindspring.com/xmas/xmas1_ornaments.gif

Cher
Sun, Dec-15-02, 21:35
Donald,

You've done such a great job - I'm so proud of you :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I love seeing your progress through the pictures.... it's always so inspirational! Your commitment and success always helps to get me back on track / keep me on track..... Thanks so much for sharing with all of us on this bb.

shawj11
Sun, Dec-15-02, 22:11
INCREDIBLE! You look AMAZING!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Ellipsis
Mon, Dec-16-02, 02:54
I've been quietly keeping tabs on a few folks here since I joined back in January (yer one of 'em :)) and I have to say that you, sir, are ruling SO HARD that it makes my head spin. Now THAT'S the right stuff!! :)

Keep on truckin'! It's a hard fight, and a long one, but SO very worth it!

-- Nicky

Talon
Mon, Dec-16-02, 05:31
Wow Donald! You look marvelous!

HerbNurse
Mon, Dec-16-02, 09:36
Wow Donald you look fabulous. :thup:
You are truly an inspiration to everyone of us "Big" and "Small".
Your smile says it all!

HN

zoom
Mon, Dec-16-02, 11:31
You look great!!!!!!! You hold your weight very nicely, you don't look like 326....more like mid 200's. Your goal weight of 250 will be perfect for you. I like your outfit too, it's nice to tuck those shirts in again isn't it?

Take Care, Zoomy :wave:

jujubaby
Mon, Dec-30-02, 12:17
Now the pictures came through and you are quite the handsome man.How wonderful that you have made such great strides in losing the weight you want to lose.
keep up the good work for your health and life.

anjelica
Sat, Jan-11-03, 20:29
But I am saying it again, YOU LOOK FANTASTIC! and what an inspiration!

Thanks for sharing your story and your pictures!

Beth

MaineDaddy
Wed, Jan-22-03, 13:05
Donald,
I am going through the sucess stories for the inspiration, I saw your pictures and thats exactly what I got - Inspired!!

You must feel great. With what I have lost I am feeling better already. I am grateful I have found this WOL and the people here for support and inspiration!!

GO !!!!! Donald!!!

Shane aka MaineDaddy

DWRolfe
Wed, Jan-22-03, 13:09
Hey, thanks Shane!

Isn't it strange how one man's burden can be another's fantasy? Oh, how I would love to have your stats!

Someday...

Good luck and continued success to you too! Very glad that you've joined the forum. There are few men compared to the number of women here. And it seems as though lots of the guys drop out after a few months. Let's be the exceptions...

Thanks again!

MaineDaddy
Wed, Jan-22-03, 13:57
I'll be sticking arround one way or the other. I'll either be here forever leaning on others sucess stories....Or I'll be here maintaining my own!! I do not see any finish line ahead, only continued sucess!

See you arround-

Shane

anjelica
Wed, Jan-22-03, 14:06
and thats a great way to look at it Shane!

DWRolfe
Thu, Feb-27-03, 09:02
Down 2 more pounds today. That's 120 in total. :D 7 more and I'll update my photos again...

MERRYB27
Wed, Mar-26-03, 20:47
you look great! i can't believe you lost that much weight!!! definately reward yourself and buy a couple outfits! that's amazing!

thebigman
Thu, Apr-03-03, 02:32
An inspiration to us all, you must feel so positive and know you can reach you goal!! amazing.

Miss Melis
Thu, Apr-03-03, 13:43
DON!!!

you are the man!!! ;)

take care! :wave:
M-

amazin77
Sat, Apr-12-03, 17:40
Donald,

You look more and more like a celebrity.
I can't wait to see your new photo updates.....

Let's us know soon....

Amazin77

meows
Wed, Dec-03-03, 00:58
Wowza Donald!!!!!!!!!!! Way to Go!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Your progress is amazing and truly inspirational--thanks for sharing your pictures--I especially love the flexing and belt pics :) Keep up that great momentum (and the great recipes!!!)

Lots-o-hugs,
Meows

Lobstergal
Tue, Apr-13-04, 23:18
I'm truly inspired. :D I was going to have a cheat and eat some bread until I saw this thread.

No cheating for me...just soldering on.

You have done better then 'very well'. Words do not say it enough.

suzzee2003
Thu, Apr-15-04, 19:57
Hey Donald, Thanks for sharing those pictures, as well as all the inspiration and support! Be proud of your accomplishments! You've done wonderful and look great! :clap:

widdlemama
Tue, Apr-20-04, 23:10
WOW, you look hot. Keep up the good work :roll: