PDA

View Full Version : weight loss

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

peanut67
Sun, May-12-02, 10:21
Been on the atkins diet for 3 weeks and upto now I have lost 6lbs, which on the whole I am really chuffed about, I am enjoying the diet (which is a first(lol)) but has I go about reading other peoples weight loss I get the feeling I may be doing something wrong. Here is my approx daily eating plan:

3 rashers back bacon with grilled cheese
4 chicken thighs and packet of pork scratchings
burger (without bun) with cheese and bacon on
snacks : cheese or chicken
drinks: black de-caff coffee (2 a day)
Fizzy water with hint of lime in (no carbs)(5 glasses)
water (plain) (2 glasses)

for pudding I may have sugar free jelly with jersey full fat cream at 1.1 carbs per 100
also I may treat myself to a coffee with skimmed milk twice a day.

anyone any suggestions to if I am going wrong :confused:

Boogie65
Sun, May-12-02, 14:19
Hi Peanut 67

I've been having a look at your daily eating plan and one thing really stands out - there's no mention of salads or veggies in there. You are actually eating some yes? Atkins say on induction the majority of your 20gms of carbs per day should come from veggies / salads.

If you are eating them, but just haven't mentioned them, let us know which exactly you're having as some are higher in carbs them anothers, e.g. carrots are high carb, broccoli isn't. Green leafy is best (general rule - if it grows above ground it's OK).

What type of cheese are you using? If it's processed slices this could be the problem.

Also, which burgers? Some have fillers in - I find Findus Homestyle are good and also Findus 100% Beef at 0.3 per burger.

Watch the pork scratchings too - because depending on the brand they could contain sugar.

Does this help at all? :)

Karen
Mon, May-13-02, 00:53
It sounds like you may have read a much older edition of Diet Revolution. Get yourself a copy of the new 2002 edition. It's updated and has a lot of essential information that was not in the older editions.

Nix the skimmed milk too and start using heavy cream in your coffee. Low fat products do not jive with low-carb eating as they always contain more carbs than their higher fat counterparts.

Karen