PDA

View Full Version : food safety

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chewie1012
Wed, May-08-02, 22:23
Karen,
I made some ceasar dressing the other day following Joseph Calemme's recipe. He was a Maitre' D here in Detroit. It has raw eggs of course. I was careful how I seperated the yokes and used very fresh eggs. What is the rule on something like this and when it has to be eaten. How long will it keep covered in the refrigerator? Am I better off buying bottled for ceasar? What about other dressings? One more thing. How long can you keep rice after it is cooked in the fridge? Thanks been curious about these for a long time. If I ever go west I am going to come and visit your restaurant.
Jerry

Karen
Wed, May-08-02, 23:18
You can keep the dressing for 5 days, refrigerated. Is it better to buy bottled? No, of course not!

Rice keeps for 5 days as well . You can even freeze it as a last resort.

Here is an excellent site on eggs and food safety:
http://www.aeb.org/safety/egg_handling_and_care_guide.html#Eggs%20and%20Food%20Safety

Karen

chewie1012
Thu, May-09-02, 08:19
Thank you!