PDA

View Full Version : 4 months without Bread!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

melanie 27
Wed, May-08-02, 13:47
Its been 4 months & 9 days LC on Atkins I thought about it the other day Wow its really been 4 months since I had Bread,Pasta,Potatoes,Flour,Suger, Junk food ect ect ect!!!! :D That itself is a success story for me I was the worst carb addict ever Id have a cup of Coffee & poor 1/2 a cup of suger into it every meal we ate had pasta & potatoes & bread or rolls.In 4 months I ve only had one cheat we went out to mexi food & I ordered a taco salad thinking Id just eat the inside & leave the shell when it got to me it had refried beans in it So I cheated that one time & felt awful latter to me its not worth it to cheat why go back to feeling sick after you eat!!So I havnt cheated since then.Ive lost 32 pnds & 33 inches total of my body.I'll update my story as I loose more but thought after 4 months I had a story. Heres some before & now pics

The one with a purple skirt is before
The one in aDark Green suit is after 2 months
The one in the Black shirt was last weekend

melanie 27
Wed, May-08-02, 13:48
heres the Green suit

melanie 27
Wed, May-08-02, 13:51
Me now

agonycat
Wed, May-08-02, 13:54
I just wanted to pop in here and say congrats!

Doesn't it feel great to realize "hey I can live without this junk!" :lol:

It is really funny, when I talk to people about what you can and can not have, they freak because you can't have bread, pasta, rice etc. I get the "oh my gosh! I could NEVER do that diet. I would die!" I tend to chuckle at this point knowing full well that they are the carb addicts and I broke the habit ;)

Good going on your success so far ;) Keep up the great work! Great pics btw ;)

alto
Wed, May-15-02, 13:00
Congratulations, Melanie -- and thank you for posting the photos! You look terrific.

I liked the way you headlined your post, too -- emphasizing the four months sticking to the program you chose, and how you feel about it, and not just the (very impressive :) ) weight loss!

Here's to a happy, breadless summer!!!!!

Bloom
Thu, May-16-02, 05:21
Thanks for posting Melanie, your doing so well :thup: doesnt the time just fly by once we get into the program. I so agree with you that cheating isnt worth it, only makes life a struggle.
Your looking great :D

melanie 27
Thu, May-16-02, 08:12
Thank you all! :D Today Im down to 179 36 pnds lost & 35 inches gone.This WOL is so GREAT!!! :wave:

Bloom
Thu, May-16-02, 14:18
Hi its me again :wave:
Just checked out your website and want to say how happy I am for you about your 'feminine health issues' becomming resolved.
Its amazing how much our food choices affect all aspects of our life isnt it. Good Luck with 'all' your plans ;) :D

melanie 27
Thu, May-16-02, 17:42
Thank you Bloom

It is amazing for sure.i BELEIVE alot of it is caused by insulin resistance. I need to update my web page after much consideration we decided not to have no more children for my healths sake & were just getting where we can have my oldest baby sit & its nice to feel a little free from crying babies except for the babys in my daycare. ;) I weighed in in the middle of the day today & it was 178 usually my swooshes come in the am :D Im 14 pnds from Goal at least my first goal. Were going away camping at the beach so I should have some nice pictures when I get back. :wave:

Bloom
Thu, May-16-02, 22:41
Well it sure sounds like you have plenty on your hands as it is to keep you out of trouble ;)

Hope you have a great camping weekend away and enjoy better weather than we have in NZ, its cold and raining, Im about to light the fire.

melanie 27
Mon, May-20-02, 08:57
heres my newest pic taken on a nature hike at the pismo sand dunes..

tamarian
Mon, May-20-02, 09:25
Well done Melanie :thup: That's a great demo of a melt-down :)

Wa'il

DWRolfe
Mon, May-20-02, 10:46
You look great! Very obvious weight loss...

Continued success to you, Melanie!

Donald :wave:

melanie 27
Mon, May-20-02, 11:41
Thank you all just popped in to add another pic. :D

Bloom
Mon, May-20-02, 16:05
I know I know Ive already commented but just want to add a rave about your amazing hair.
In the pic of you standing on the beach, wow your hair is so funky :cool:
hmm not sure how you will take that ;) I mean funky as a compliment. I like funky :thup:

melanie 27
Mon, May-20-02, 18:19
LOLOLOLOLOL THANK YOU I THINK LOL YEP me & my Crazy curly hair The pictures made my hair look nasty thow for sure as the winds were attacking me all day my hair is actually a copper color but somtimes in pictures it looks brown.Thank you for the strange but funny complimint lol sounds like my oldest daughter Funky I like that :D Happy loosing :wave:

Bloom
Mon, May-20-02, 19:46
No No really I love it, if you only knew the small fortune ive spent over the years trying to get hair with curls like that, its got that weaved perm look but all I ever got was frizz!
The only people with such hair seem to be those born with it :(

I noticed with the lanuage thing that a few people here use the word funky as like 'feeling funky' not being a good thing :confused:
Now if I said I was feeling funky , I would mean I was feeling like a good time /weirdly wonderful /slightly outa myself /fun type thing :thup: :D

melanie 27
Tue, May-21-02, 09:52
Don't worry bloom I didnt take it the wrong way at all GIRL!! & Believe it or not my curls arnt natural its called an Air Perm You go & get the curlers in your hair & some sulution then you sleep in them over night & go back & get the curlers out the next day there very healthy for your hair its the only kinda perm I'll get as Im apostolic & we dont cut our hair.Your can try a search online on Airperms theres some good info on them the only thing is finding a hair dresser that does them Ive only found 1 lady & shes 18 miles outa town.They dont put nutrilizer in your hair as air is a natural nutilizer .Nutrilizer is what usually fries your hair.I dont get not even 1 slpit end from these perms.Mine Cost $80.00 she gives good prices.I always get compliments in one way or another on my hair but always good so I took it as a compliment. :D Have a Great day :wave:

melanie 27
Tue, May-21-02, 14:00
oK I no ive already posted alot of Pictures but just gotta add one more This is a really good before atkins picture.So here it is :thup:

melanie 27
Fri, Jun-14-02, 10:02
Update 5 months 14 days on Atkins with a total loss of 40 POUNDS & 37.5 inches.Went from Size 22 to a size 12 so far.Heres my newest picture taken today.

Bloom
Fri, Jun-14-02, 14:57
Gee melanie keep posting those photo updates otherwise we wont recognise you :cool: you are doing soo well :thup: your face looks much slimmer too now than in your avatar! time for an update?

melanie 27
Fri, Jun-14-02, 16:17
Thanx Bloom Im just waiting for a avatar pic Im happy with ;)
My Mom suprised me with a visit she hadnt seen me since January she just keeps saying wow look at your face youve lost so much weight it felt so good on my self esteem to here that.Nobody really acts like they notice except for a few at church.My husband doesnt even acts like he notices but I think hes just afraid other men might start stairing at me soon.Welp you have a great weekend!!!! :wave:

melanie 27
Thu, Jul-11-02, 18:56
Thought Id give an update 6 months & 11 days since starting LC Ive lost 43 pnds & A Total of 54.5 inches off my total body & my BF has dropped 19% The weightloss has slowed down to 3-5 pnds a month if that but last month alone I lost a total of 11 inches so the inches are continuing to melt away If youde like to see my latest pictures you can visit my web pages.

Since Ive origanally posted this thread Ive cheated a few times but got right back on without any gains.I have only 8 pnds to go tell my first goal but 32 pnds to go tell I'll be satisfied to go into Liftetime maintanance. Hopfully my next update will be me at goal!!! :D :wave:

jst2c10agn
Fri, Jul-12-02, 10:01
I checked out your website and I just wanted to tell you, congratulations!!! You look great. Sometimes I think it is hard on the people around us when we start losing weight and feeling better about ourselves b/c sometimes they think we will change inside as well. I hope you feel the support here for your efforts, I sure do; just reading people's posts gives me strength on the tough days. I am into my 3rd week..just weighing once a week and I have lost 12 lbs as of last tuesday. Like you I have a goal in the 160's for now but would really like to see 140's before going on maintainence. Take care.

dabrahamso
Fri, Jul-12-02, 11:06
Hi there, I looked at your website also, WAY TO GO!!! I started Atkins on June 4/02, I lost 17 lbs but I'm doing the up and down thing right now, go up 4 lbs then down again back and forth. Must be my body adjusting, but I feel good. I've 3 inches off my waist and 1 inch off my hips so I'm doing ok for a short period of lcing. Keep up the great job :spin:

Kristine
Tue, Jul-16-02, 09:13
WOW! You're lookin' good! Does it still catch you off guard sometimes when you see your reflection? :)

Good luck and good health to you! :)

melanie 27
Tue, Jul-16-02, 09:28
Thank you all for the compliments & well wishes!! :D

Kristene you asked if it catches me off gaurd.Its been so gradual that I forget what I used to look like in the mirror But I still feel like the same fat girl I guess I'll feel fat tell I reach my second goal of 140 but then I'll probably still feel fat why do us girls do that I'll never no why :rolleyes: But my self confidence is much better & is getting better every day.I think after years of low self asteem it takes a while for our bodies & minds to heal & adjust to our new bodies & new self asteem. Do I make sense ???LOL What catches me off Gaurd when Someone who hasnt seen ya in a while Says Wow Youve lost alot of weight that feels Great & Is a big incouragmant.When I look back at My fat pics I can really see the differance exspecially in my face.I still have a hard time relizing that I was a size 22 just 6 months ago welp I'll stop rambiling Im good for that!!!!

Congradulations to you all on your continued weightloss!!!! :wave:

Kristine
Tue, Jul-16-02, 22:31
:) I asked the "catching you off guard" question just because I've heard many stories of people losing a lot of weight, and they'll catch a glimpse of someone from the corner of their eye, and for a *split second*, think, "I wish I was that thin" *before* they realize that it's their own reflection!

I find it fascinating that our brains take so long to catch up to change - and not just changes in appearance. There really is a significant delay. My dreams, for example, still tend to take place in the city I moved from almost a year ago now. They also tend to have me as the geeky teenager I haven't been for almost a decade. Self-concept is a stubborn thing to change. :confused:

musicmama
Tue, Jul-16-02, 23:24
Hey Melanie, Just found your pics...WOW!! You look great, and was such an inspiration to me!! I am new to this site, and am enjoying it immensely.
It will be one month for me this coming Saturday. My husband said tonight,,,my, you havent cheated once have you?? Your shoulders look so skinny..and your face!! hehehe,,,,,I loved it!
I don't know how much I have lost for sure...staying away from the scales and just going by the way my clothes fit.. :p
Iknow how you felt about the taco salad thing,,,i got one that had rice in it,,,took two bites and decided it wasn t worth it! :thdown:
Keep up the great job you are doing,,,its exciting to watch!!!

musicmama
Tue, Jul-16-02, 23:39
It's me again Melanie,,,I just read some of your other postings and was delighted to find out that you are Apostolic as I am also. I gotta check out those perms !
I was wondering as I looked at your pics, how tall are you? I was blown away that you went from a size 22 to a 12 so fast! You really look great!
Catch ya later! :wave:

melanie 27
Wed, Jul-17-02, 12:20
Kristene~~~ Yes are brains are a little slow LOL!! :D Last time I got to 140 & I still felt fat Its all in my head I no LOL..Sometimes I still feel like a teenager too!!

musicmamma~~~~Thats Great to here of another Apostolic!!your the first Ive found on this site Im not perfect in every way im supposed to be but I try my hardest to behave. :rolleyes: Ive lost alot of inches real quik the weightloss has been slower but Dress size is what matters right?? :D I have converted 20 or so apostolics from various Bakersfield churches to LC just by them watching the change in me.We have a potluck once a month at church & everyones been watching what I eat LOL like Im going to cheat I make LC dishes & Finally everyones Trying them & relizing this WOL Isnt so bad after all.It will take awhile as I posted to kristene for me to have total self confidence after being so over weight & feeling ugly but each day its getting better the people on this site are great I dont no what Id do without there continued encouragmant & support.There the BEST!! mY HUBBy don't say alot about my weightloss I since he feels threatened by it thow He can't keep his paws off of me & I here him make coments to others about how Great I look & just last week he told someone that Im almost as skinny as when we were married little does he no I got 32 pnds to go tell that.I love this WOL it truley has changed my life. :D Come visit my journal in the M'S You aughta start one there great!!! :wave:

melanie 27
Wed, Jul-17-02, 16:21
OK heres my newest picture taken today just for my Success story .
Now wearing a medium sized jumper & Large shirt If Id just shrink up top Id be able to wear more medium shirts. ;) :D

Kristine
Wed, Jul-17-02, 18:48
*A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E*! :D

Very nice outfit, too! Flattering!

dabrahamso
Wed, Jul-17-02, 18:51
I CAN'T WAIT TIL I LOOK LIKE THAT!!! Way to go girl, and you think you look WHAT???? You look awesome. :thup:

melanie 27
Wed, Jul-17-02, 21:14
Im Blushing :o Thank you Ladies your too sweet truth is this outfit for some reason hides my belly well. ;) Thank you both for your compliments.

People might think me strange for adding so many pics in my success story & journal but I love looking at others pictures & thought Id leave some for others needing insperation to keep on going!Good Luck & Happy Loosing :wave:

niksauntie
Thu, Jul-18-02, 13:59
You look great!! I love seeing before and after pics, it is such a motivator to see real people with real results. Once again, YOU LOOK GREAT!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

melanie 27
Thu, Jul-18-02, 16:08
niksauntie~~Thank you I also love seeings others before & after photos it inspires me to not give up.

I found this size 22 photo yesturday Its a little blury & small but Im sure you can see how big I WAS You can even see my rolls. :rolleyes: :wave:

niksauntie
Thu, Jul-18-02, 16:20
on rolls, I've got so many. But you do look great now and I bet you don't see many rolls any more. I can't wait to get rid of these. And that's a great looking ocean in the background. I love the ocean unfortuneatly the closest one to me is several hours away. I was in San Diego once to visit my little bro. when he was in the Navy. It was abs. beatiful. Have a good one :) Auntie

melanie 27
Thu, Jul-18-02, 19:13
Actually I still have a few smaller rolls here & there Not as bad as before but still there. :rolleyes: I live In Bakersfield we go to the beach quiet often.My Aunt & Uncle lives in Kentucky not sure the Towns name thow.That picture was so blury Im suprised you noticed the Ocean in the Background.The actual pic isnt that blury but it was so tiny I had to blow it up some & It destorted it.Before you no it You'll be Skinny :D Im still searching for the skinny me maybe another 30 pnds or so away.Really Cloths are decieving ;) HAPPY LOOSING KEEP ON TRUGGING ON!!! :wave:

musicmama
Thu, Jul-18-02, 23:27
WoW!! You look great!! You gotta be excited and proud of yourself Melanie,,,great success story!
When I started this WOE some of my coworkers really gave me some flack about it being dangerous, unhealthy etc, but when I let them either read the book or watch what I eat, they are more accepting now. I always remind them that OBESITY is the real unhealthy way to live, not the way I am eating.
I was a little distressed because the weight loss has been slow, but the inches are really coming off so I guess I shouldn't complain. I dont care if I weigh 300 as long as I can wear a 10!!! :lol: It will be a month for me Saturday the 20th, and I have lost a total of 16 pounds. I had a big drop at first, and then a few pounds gain, although I have no idea why that happened. But I will be happy it is coming off, after all, I didnt put it on overnight.
Keep posting those pictures...I enjoy them!! ;)

melanie 27
Thu, Jul-18-02, 23:43
musicmamma~~~My first Month I lost 17 pnds then it was up a few pnds down a few Ive averaged about 5 pnds a month or less since then but the inches have steadily came off.Measure everywhere it will make a differance for when your stalled. Im so thankful I took all my measurmants because you either are loosing pnds or inches but only one thing at a time.Last month I only lost 3 pnds but I lost 11 inches off my total body.Your doing Great The thing I keep reminding myself is not to rush it I want it to stay off & besides I have the rest of my life on this WOL so it will eventually all come off.Thank you for the Sweet Compliment You keep up the Great NWOE it has to come off.God Bless you I'll be praying for God to help you He's actually the one who lead me to this WOL after Infertility & Low self asteem. :wave:

niksauntie
Fri, Jul-19-02, 11:26
From the looks of your last pic (in the pink and denim) I don't see where those 30 lbs could come from :) That sounds like a good goal though hopefully I am right behind you, we started about the same weight and from the looks of the ocean pic we're about the same size (well I am the size you were). So I kinda have a pic in my mind of what I have to look forward to based on your after pics, Thanks!!!!

melanie 27
Fri, Jul-19-02, 12:27
niksauntie How tall are you?Im 5"8 So At a higher weight Like where I am I look Good but Im certanily no where near Goal That outfit did wonders to hiding my Belly Ive had three c-sections so I have a roll of fat across my lower abs thats stubborn I was 140 5 years ago & it felt Great so I no it is wear I need to be again.My heighth hides alot :D My hubby reminded me that that Ocean pic was taken On November 13,2001 Wow What a defferance its strange but I dont see the same person in the mirror as I see in my pictures Thats why I take pictures for me too Because I really still see the Fat Lady in the mirror & pictures incourage me.Make sure you get some Good before pictures I wish I wouldve but like us all I hid from the Camera when I was Big.Welp Gotta go Your doing Great :wave:

musicmama
Sat, Jul-20-02, 09:48
Thanks for the encouraging words Melanie, I really needed 'em today! :( This is my one month anniversary and I was feeling kinda bummed till I read your post. It really helped. So far, I have lost 16 pounds, but several inches, the most dramatic being the four off my waist!! At least, where my waist is supposed to be,,,I know it's there somewhere :D
Like you, I prayed about what do do about this weight problem,,,
and the Lord directed me here, It is working, and I am thankful!
I guess I am on target then,,,I checked the urine this morning and turned bright pink so I am still a "fat burning machine!" :thup: If I could just stay away from the scales!!!
Well, thanks again, I just jumped on to get some encouragement and there you all were,,,so glad I found you all!
Have a great day, I am off to work at the bookstore. I will check again tonight for some more inspiration!!

Tiggerlou
Sun, Jul-21-02, 08:45
Hi!
I just found your thread and your last comment about still seeing the fat you in the mirror. I have the same problem, even though am being told by countless people that I am actually TINY(!!????)
I don't know what it is, but it can be a very frustrating thing to me!
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to change that aweful distortion? In my case I think I know the reason, but I don't know how to change my self-perception. I am 5 ft 6 inches and weigh about 145lbs, but I am in a size 4-6!! Can't find clothes much smaller in regular stores, but it is the number that gets to me! The number on the scale, that is!!!
Why is that so important to so many of us? I am finally not weighing myself excessively any longer but need to do that on occasion for the piece of mind that the weight has not gone UP!
Additionally, I haven't dropped any weight in the past few weeks and need to work on jump starting that again. Please don't tell me that no more loss is necessary as I still see bumps and spots I want gone! My ultimate goal is about 130 lbs but the going has been very slow. I also don't cheat because of the 'one-time-feeling-so-sick-afterward' incidence. My carbs are in the 30 for the most part, but I seem to have to control my calories as well. Congrats to all of you for the successes, I hope to count myself in again real soon, although almost 10lbs in 4 months is STILL better than nothing at all....

melanie 27
Sun, Jul-21-02, 19:30
musicamma~~Im glade I could lift your spirits :D There are alot of ups & down your doing Great one young lady I no has only lost 8 pnds in her first month.Its something that takes a lifetime comintmant its not fast for most of us but its worth how slow it does come off.5 years ago I lost 44 pnds in 3 months on Adepex I lost it too fast & my health suffered for it Ive been infertile every since then I believe thats what threw my hormones outa balance.& Within 3-4 months of stopping the diet I gained it all back & then some I gained 71 pnds In 4 years :eek: One thing Ive learned if you loose it to fast you don't create a lifetime comintmant & learn a new way to eat so once your at goal you go back to the same junk.Thats the one thing about Atkins that has sold me out Ive totally Got control now over what I eat & how much for the first time Im In charge not the Food.I hope you will find also thats this diet truley is a miracle for us its the answer to our prayers about our weight problem.How was church today?I teach sunday school so I was with the kiddies after lunch I got sick so we stayed home tonight.Hope to see ya again Stop by my journal would love to here from ya more.

tiggerlou~~~When I was 140 I too felt fat I keep seeing my reflection as being fat I would love to get more self asteem I do feel better however I no that ive always had low self asteem even when I was thin .I think my self asteem problem goes back to child hood most of ours do.I got teased alot as a kid I guess :rolleyes: I hope you too will get that Great self asteem we so need Im afraid of my self asteem now that Ive unlocked the door to weightloss Im afraid I'll end up anerexic I won't no when to say enough your skinny enough you no what I mean ? Welp gota go

I lost 4 more pnds this last week 47 pnds gone now 4 pnds tell my first goals reached :D Im doing a happy dance Im in the 160's finally!!!! :spin: :roll: :daze: :D :wave:

musicmama
Mon, Jul-22-02, 00:34
Thanks again for the encouragement....it always helps. I look forward all day to reading your posts. ;)
Today I wore a dress that I could't wear a month ago, and my husband mentioned that it was really loose on me, almost too much so in the shoulders! Cool!! I can handle that!! . He is an evangelist and we are taking care of a church for a pastor that has been ill and that pastor today told me I was lookiing very nice, and healthy too!! That was a differnt kind of compliment. But I'll take it!! :spin:
I teach SS too, the teen girls,,,ages 12 thru 14,,,that gets exciting sometimes. Never boring.
I was considering the bypass surgery when I found this WOL,,,I was that desperate. When I lost all that weight on Physicians weight Loss in 1990 I was in size 12 from 24, and I still saw the fat me in the mirror too, My daughter was 15 at the time,and she tried to get me to try on her dresses but I was convinced they wouldn't fit. When I finally did, I cried because they fit and I still felt fat. It was weird. I kept the weight off for a few months, and then put on twice as much. I went onto a deep depression that lasted months. This time though I know it is for life,,I havent been tempted to cheat once because I really want to succeed.
Keep posting..... :wave:

PAMMYSUE
Mon, Jul-22-02, 07:23
WOW WOW WOW WOW :wave:

Great thread......

I just found this thread and I read the whole thing and I feel
so encouraged. Sounds like everyone is on the right track.

I started four months ago and have lost 20 pds and about
23 inches (approx). The one thing I screwed up on was I didnt take any measurements when I started because I figured that it would be like every other diet and wouldn't work. Man was I wrong. I got real encouraged this last week I went down one
pant size and one bra size. It wont be long till I go down one more pant size because these are loose to. It does feel great. What felt even better is that my husband could not stop talking about it. He has been great. One other thing that is kind of amazing is that I do very little exercise. Alot of running with my kids but to exercise for an hour everyday, I have had to go very slow at that. I was involved in an auto accident 3 yrs ago and I am so afraid to injury my back again. I thought if I lost 20-30 pds before I started exercising hard, then maybe I would not injury my back again. Look forward to exercising full time, then maybe the weight will melt off. (ha ha)

Well it sounds like everyone is doing great. Everyone keep up the great work. Hope you dont mind me adding to your thread.

Pammysue :wave:
:wave:

melanie 27
Mon, Jul-22-02, 16:57
Musicmamma~~Its so Great to have some of like precious faith to share with! :D I enjoy teaching Sunday school I have a daycare at home So Im used to kiddos we have four Daughters of our own ages 11 1/2 ,9,9(stepdaughter),5 going on 6.I left ya a message in my journal too.I'll pm you my Email addy if youde like it we can be pin pals .You have a Great day I got my Graph up for ya too see all the Ups & Downs along the way but you can see with clarity the over all down hill ride :D

Pam~~ I put my graph up for you too!It may be slow at times but isnt it better to loose 2-5 pnds a month then gain it. I thought it would come off faster but Now it dont matter I no it will & Since this is for life I have time.No hurry thow Id LOVE to be at 140 by Christmas when I see Family Members.But I'll have pateince.Your doing Great WOW 23 inches thats Awsome I was so glade I took measurmants I too was afraid this would be another failed diet But I was wrong & thankful I did take Measurmants.Because sure eenough every time I stall in Weight I loose in inches.WeLP Your very welcome in this Thread please come back again!& visit my journal theres some recipies but ya gotta find Em ;) :wave:

melanie 27
Mon, Jul-22-02, 17:04
heres my graph

Belle
Mon, Jul-22-02, 18:25
Congratulations, that is wonderful. Whenever I start to say, "does this really work?" someone else comes on here and shows more proof. I wish all the negative people would come to this website and see that this really works and that we are not all dying because we can't have all the so-called "good stuff" in life. Tonight I am having baked chicken with vegetables. I haven't decided on a side dish yet, but that will come to me eventually by the time the chicken gets done. Now, what about that supper doesn't sound like the "good stuff"? Anyway, sorry about getting off of the subject. Good for you for losing all that you have lost.
:clap: :clap: :cheer:
Have a good day, Belle

melanie 27
Mon, Jul-22-02, 20:52
Hi Belle thank you :D We get Good stuff to we just gotta work harder at cooking! We got to be creative the longer Im on this WOL the more Recipies I come up with So much so my hubby says I need to Write a LC cook book Which maybe In a few years I will.I have all my recipies recorded in my computer so it'll be easy once I get ready to.Check out My Journal you'll find some yummy recipies that'll make you feel like your cheating :D Everyone thats been oposed to this woe now is either on it or in AWE at my success thus far. Your Success will win them over.People who were afraid to try my LC Strawberry Cream cheese cups or cheese cakes are now asking for my recipies .One Lady said she couldnt hang on this diet because she couldnt have ice cream so I mastered that ;) & came up with my own LC Homeade Ice cream using an icecream maker it tastes Great too I told her on Sunday I have a recipie for her maybe she'll be the next one at church to go on this WOL.The best thing to do for those who think were not getting the so called good stuff is Invite them over for a BarB Q or dinner make all the yummy food we eat & some LC desert they'll half to love. We have a church potluck once a month & thats when I whip up all my yummy recipies & now everyones wanting recipies.Welp better go Im beat

Just pulled weeds for 3 hours in my flower beds what a mess Sweat my but Off better wake up lighter tomorrow after that one. :wave:

musicmama
Mon, Jul-22-02, 21:59
Hey everyone,,,great to have some new friends! About the GOOD STUFF...i am a meat lover and a cheese lover, so I am eating all the good stuff as far as I am concerned!! :D
I was up till 3 this morning reading everyone's journals and was so pumped up when I got up this morning,,I drank my water with no flavoring!!! :eek: (still not my favorite but I'll make it,,)
Melanie, your graph was so encouraging,,I think I will do that too!! What kind of scales do you have? I have a set of digital, and everyt ime I get on it is a different weight. I got on this morning and it showed a loss of two pounds, then I got right off and right back on and it showed a gain of two! Talk about frustrating! But my clothes were looser!! :)
Yes Melanie, send me your email address,,,that would be great!!
Well, better go check my journal,,,,this is so fun!!!! Lots better than the weight watchers meetings!!!! Cya lighter!!!!! :wave:

PAMMYSUE
Tue, Jul-23-02, 09:39
Hi everyone,

Thanks for letting me join in on this thread.

Sounds like you all have it together. Iam going to check out the recipes because Iam running out of ideas. My family is getting tired of chicken. I love to eat meat and cheese also so this diet is just perfect for me. I have had a hard time finding snacks to take to the ball fields. Both my boys are big in baseball, so everynight we are at the fields. Its been weeks since we actually sat down at the dinner table. About one more week and that will end, but then football starts, its endless (but I love it). I have a great cheese cake recipe I can give you.

People are starting to ask me how I am loosing weight. I tell them that it is not really a diet, I have changed my life. Iam no longer a carbaholic. I ate nothing but pastas, breads, spagetti,
etc. I also drank about a six pack of pepsi or mt. dew a day.
on top of that I am an accountant and siat on my butt :thdown: all day. A diet you eventually go off of. I dont plan to ever change my way of eating now. What is nice is every once and awhile you can cheat and it doesnt hurt. Usually one day a week I will have a piece of pizza, or a bowl of ice cream. What is nice is I dont crave it anymore. I loved ice cream now I will eat it but maybe on scoop and that is all I want. Its great......

Its great to be able to share this everyone. Good luck to all....

LIFE IS TO SHORT, ENJOY IT TO THE FULLEST.

melanie 27
Tue, Jul-23-02, 10:11
Hi Pam~~Thats what happened in the beggining too my hubby was sick of just meat & veggies.Karen has some Great Recipies too.Or try the Kitchen.Most of mine I make myself havnt tried no one elses yet besides for Atkins Ice cream recipie Forgive me DRATKINS but Thats to icey for me cut the ruff of my mouth LOL.Try Taco salads too made with ground beef shredded beef or chicken .Also Chile verde is great I use the Green verde sauce in mine because its low Carb. Do this

>>Put a Tri tip roast or thick london broil in the crock pot simmer all day tell tender shred, Pour In one 6 oz can green chili verde sauce Simmer for 1 hr stir in 4 tbsp Sour cream.My family loves this I let them eat the tortias but I just have it without. sprinkle the top with mozerella cheese. :yum: I eat a salad with this...

>>For snacks lets see Buy a small cooler lunch box.Fill it with boiled eggs, develed eggs ,dry salami(I dont eat this alot but it is LC & an occasional treat as it has nitrates)but there yummy with cream cheese in the middle like a little taco.My hubby loves pig skins dipped in Ranch dip.Im not a big snacker outa the house so don't have alot of ideas there I do eat my meals in small portions throughout the day however. You can also try the Low Carb Cafe type it in your search browser they got Great Recipies too.

musicmamma~~~My scales a digital plus dial healthometer when I first bought it it would do what your saying guess it just had to get broke in because now I can stand on it 20 X's a day & it doesnt vary much at all besides when Ive just ate or drank Water.I have no will power over the scale I find if I weigh myself as much as I desire I stay on track better As a matter of fact I weigh myself 4 xs a day just to see the fluctuations & keep track .It hasnt hurt me none I love the scale now Its a friend now not a foe. ;) I can't stand plain water I buy packages of Koolaid pour 1/4 of package into 2 liters of water it gives it a tart taste Alot better then plain Water thow.I was using lemon juice but figured out i WAS upping my carbs quiet a bit this way Im carb free.Welp better go the days calling me. :wave:

musicmama
Wed, Jul-24-02, 00:10
Wow!! I never realized there were so many great recipes!! I am gonna start keeping a notebook of em in the kitchen!! Next time we have our monthly pitch-in at work (at the Christian Bookstore) I will take in something LC and blow their minds!!hehe :eek: For some reason they are convinced that all I eat is fried meat!! They are constantly telling me how unhealthy my WOE is. I just smile and go on. :daze:
I was just thinking tonight about getting a good healthometer scale. I cant resist weighing every day, no matter how hard I try!! I won't be able to for a couple of weeks though due to the foot surgery, and there is no way I am stepping on the scales with that big heavy orthopedic shoe on!! :thdown:
This was the best day I have had water-wise, over 200 ounces!!
I put a slice of lemon in the first one,(and counted the carbs) and left it there for all the refills. I feel real proud of myself! :clap:
Went to the thrift store today, (its a Tuesday habit) and found the book Protein Power for a dollar, anyone here read it? I just thought I would compare.
Keep posting everyone......this gets addictive!! No matter how late it is when I get in, I hafta check! You all are a great support group!! :wave: See ya lighter!

melanie 27
Wed, Jul-24-02, 09:00
Good for you on the water!!!!

Yes Ive read Protein Power I have it.Its almost just like Atkins I started off on Protein Power when God lead me to read the book that had been sitting on my shelf for a year un touched After about two weeks I decided to buy the Atkins book My step dad had been on it & had lost 30 pnds.So after reading both books at first I combinded the two.Then I reread Atkins about seven times studing from front to back lol :D Then I went all Atkins & left protein power out I found my CCLL was lower then the 30 grms it allowed & also I wasnt planning on Working out tell I reached my first goal & as much protein as that diet called for & me not exersising I kept seeing in my minds eye that protein converting to gluclose which to much can if your not exersising. Atkins Didnt seem to push protein that much But balanced the protein & fat intake.Just my opinion its still a good book & I use it to figure my BF % & every now & again read it again. But Atkins is my favorite.I feel more alive on it. As far as those skeptics just keep on going on I too laugh inside because I dont eat this HUGE plate of Fried meat either in fact I rarely use Oil any more or butter or margerine Most of my food it unprocessed pure food.Didnt hurt the cavemen & it wont hurt me. ;) Welp gotta go :wave:

musicmama
Wed, Jul-24-02, 10:33
HAHA!! Never thought about the cavemen!!! I will remember that!!
I guess I had better get to reading, I am so bummed today. Do you have days like that, when you feel like nothing is moving??
I drank over 200 ounces of water yesterday, am in ketosis, but had a 3 pound gain on the scales!! :mad: I was so discouraged, but am leaning on the Lord to keep me going., This is where I usually give up, when I don't feel like anything is happening. I bought a skirt yesterday that was a 22, so I am down a couple sizes there,,,but feel so FAT today!! MAybe re-reading the book will help. :(
Well, gotta go, got some appointments today. I will check in later this evening. Have a great day! Oh,,,,have youever read the ZONE? I got it a few weeks back at the same thrift store, it has a recipe book too, supposed to be low carb.
Cya Lighter! :wave:

melanie 27
Wed, Jul-24-02, 12:15
musicmamma~~Ive never read the Zone But from what I understand it alows way more carbs & may only benifit those who are not insulin resistant.Also I checked there supposadly LOw Carb bars in the store & they 25 grms Carbs per bar they use Fructose in them Also I think the Zone sorta goes by the Diebetic Diet I dont no thow Just things Ive heard havnt read the book yet. As far as having my down days Oh boy all the Time If your drinking alot of Water you will show heavier on the scales Water weighs as much as it did going in I always Have fluctuations throughout the day I may wake up 168 but by the time bed time comes around Im 174 Usually before I loose a few pnds at once I'll gain some water weight then WOOSH I'll loose the water with some extra weight.Ive been fustrated at times But never thought about giving up reasons why I feel better then Ive ever felt ,I can eat a meal & not feel tired afterwards,My Mensus is finally normal, If Im following my plan I don't have the Guilt that dragged my self respect down those things alone are worth sticking in there even without weight loss.Everyone hits that place in the road they gotta resist the temptation to Quit Its sort of lIKE aRE SPIRITUAL WALK If you resist the temptation It gets easier & Easier until finally Were not tempted by it no what I mean? Every time Ive gotten down Ive reminded myself Im loosing not gaining its better to loose that pnd or so a month then gain it. Its went slow for me so I no where your coming from.Im so thankful Ive found these boards you can read in my journal times I was deppressed & down & somone would stop by & maybe just say Wooshhhhhhhh & that kept me going.The people here are Great & supportive.& they are all there or been there.Lift your chin Sis :D You can do it I no you Can I have Faith you'll succeed!!:cheer: AWSOME on the Size 22 Your doing GREAT keep it up & Dont give in to temptation.& rEMEMBER JUST LIKE ARE WALK WITH gOD WHEN YOU fALL get back up & dust your knees off & keep going & you will make it to the finish line!!!! :D I promise! :) :wave:

musicmama
Thu, Jul-25-02, 00:07
Thanks so much for the encouragement, it really helped. I dont have any desire to quit, just a little stressed right now I think, got a lot going on.
I looked through the zone,,,way too many carbs for me!! They tell ya to eat bread and all kinds of fruit and milk too,,,no way. :nono: 30 grams is about my CCL..not gonna start messing around with a good thing going here!!!
I know what ya mean about being tempted,,,you know,,,it always hits us in our weakest point, and mine is that scale!!! I am gonna ignore it till I get all healed from my surgery, stick to my WOE, drink my water, and in a week or two when I can weigh again, hope the whoosh angel has been by!! :p
I never thought about my body maybe holding on to some of that water,,,come to think of it,,it has to be in shock cause I never drank water before, always diet pop, 7 or 8 a day!! I will keep on keeping on.........When ya gonna email me???
Gotta go, gotta get up early........cya lighter! :wave:

PAMMYSUE
Thu, Jul-25-02, 08:12
I love reading this thread it gives you great encouragement.
:D

Has anyone else felt nausea on the Atkins. Stomach has felt so weak lately. The nausea is making it real hard to eat. Yesterday I stayed home from work because my stomach is so upset. I started taking a metabolism booster. Wonder if my body cant handle it.

Well everyone keep up the good work. :wave:

Bye,

Pammysue

melanie 27
Thu, Jul-25-02, 09:13
Pam~~It could be the Ephedra in the metabolism booster.How long again have you been LC I got nausea my first two weeks The withdrawl syndrome. Id put my two cents on the Metab lifter thow have you been dizzi or shaky at all if so thats your culprit.Hope your feeling better real soon!! :wave:

melanie 27
Thu, Jul-25-02, 09:16
musicmama~I tried to PM you but it says you need 25 posts before you can recieve Pm so get those fingures typin lol :D Hope your surgery goes well in my thoughts & prayers :wave:

musicmama
Thu, Jul-25-02, 21:48
Pam, I bet its the metab too, I was on metabolife for a long time and when I switched I was kinda sicky for awhile, couldnt stand the thought of eating because of it.Its okay now though. Hang in there,,it'll pass!!! :)

Well guys, I had the greatest thing happen today....I got weighed at the hospital before the surgery...............271!!!! :cheer: I about shouted!!! The nurse was really pleased too, go read my journal entry, tells all about it!
Another great thing too,,,,,I have been craving water all day! :D
I didnt drink much cause I cant go to the bathroom very easily, but will when my foot gets better, in a day or so.
Tonight my son and daughter-in -law were over, and I showed em your before and after pics Mel,,,they were blown away,,,and Alan said,,,now,,what exactly do you guys eat???? :D They are Apostolic too, have only been married a short time but have both put on weight....you watch, they will be converted before long!!hehe :daze:
Hubby was so good to me,,,brought my computer to the kitchen and set it up on the kitchen table, printer and all!! He had to go preach tonight so I had plenty of company...the kids came over and then all my online friends had sent emails. Gotta admit though,,,most of my time is spent here! I love this post!! ;)
Gotta go,,,cya lighter :wave:

melanie 27
Fri, Jul-26-02, 10:34
Isnt your hubby Sweet Girl!!! :D So does he ever travel & evangilize? :) Glade your feeling better & BIG CONGRADS ON THE WEIGHTLOSS!!!!!!:cheer: :cheer: See The weightloss angel listened like always :D Im going to go read your Journal. :wave:

musicmama
Fri, Jul-26-02, 15:19
Well, here is the second day after surgery, feeling pretty well,,,not much pain as long as I stay off the foot. Been sleeping most of the day today, as last night I didnt.
I am sticking to the plan except for the water,,,will make up for that later. I think I can find those scales here, I'm sure I have seen em somewhere.
Yes my hubby is a sweetie. ;) As for my age, I am 55, he is 39 and we have been married for 14 years, He has only been preaching about three years and is just now getting out and doing more. He was waiting for the Lord to open doors, and He seems to be opening them all at once!!! :D He is also a manager of a Midas Auto Repair in Indianapolis so he is a busy man!! We dont have any kids between us, mine are all grown and married, 3 of them! My oldest daughter is a LC'er from time to time, she lost a LOT of weight about 6 years ago, but gained some of it back during a stressfultime. She believes in it tho!!
I like that scapbook idea. I bought some scrapbook software, think I may start on that while I am down.
Hey, I just started using Splenda, do we count the carbs in that too,,and Crystal Light? :confused: I am working on those 25 posts,,,not far now!! Cya Lighter :wave:

musicmama
Fri, Jul-26-02, 15:22
Oh,,,just in case you all noticed, I changed my goal weight to 199,,,just so it doesnt seem so impossible, :daze: When I get close to that, I will change it again. Anything to keep me motivated!!! :D

melanie 27
Fri, Jul-26-02, 17:53
Thats Great about the LOrd opening those doors.Thats Great to about your Daughter being an ex LCer hopfully youll win her back over.I think your smart for upping your Goal I started mine at 164 which at the time seemed far off but I knew that wasnt my ultimate goal right Off but it helped me stay focussed. As far as splenda Goes I can have Tons of Splenda & still be in Ketosis so Me myself Dont count it Atkins used to say to count it but since then hes starting to omit the carb count from his products I also dont count Hiddin carbs like most do maybe thats why the weights came off so slow who knows but its never effected me staying in ketosis.Atkins doesnt count hidden carbs either & he's been around this WOE longer the all of us so I trust him on that one. I almost think Maybe were a little paranoid Sometimes. :daze: Ive come this far without counting them So you be the judge.Im sure thow there are some who are sinsitive to them.So test the waters Dont count them & If you stall You no its the hidden carbs.But its not stalled me.I better get off her HUbbys on his way home.See ya latter :wave:

musicmama
Fri, Jul-26-02, 18:20
I had never counted carbs in Sweet n Low before,,,and I was always in Ketosis so I will probably be okay. I just started drinking Crystal light,and I am hooked, its really good!! :D
What vitamins do you take? I take several different ones, but Imake sure there are no sugars in em and they are all natural, You probably dont need as much since you are so young. My youngest daughter is about your age, but she doesnt need to worry about weight, she is the skinny one in the family!!! ;)

Well gotta go, hubby on his way home and friends coming over to visit the sick and afflicted..LOL...guess I better get offhere.I willbeback later thought, trying to get those 25 posts in!!
cya lighter :wave:

melanie 27
Sat, Jul-27-02, 10:42
The lemonade crystal lights the best. :D You should be fine Its never effected me or hubby. I Pm ed you check your private messages. I gotta go we got to go to Costco to get my 11 year olds Eyes rechecked Since she was 5 shes worn glasses so far 4 Drs say shes going to go legally blind by the time shes 16 So Im anxous to see what this DR will have to say today She hasnt seen an eye DR in 2 years now Were hoping & Praying her eye sight didnt get worse keep her in your prayers.Welp better go :wave: Have a Great Weeekend

musicmama
Sat, Jul-27-02, 11:24
Um....I may sound really dumb,,,but how do I check my private messages??? :confused:
I like the strawberry banana crystal light too,,,checked the ketostix today, just barely a change,,,wonder why?? My carbs were down...hmmmmmmmmm
I have a great testimony to tell you of how my granddaughter was healed of Crouzon's Syndrome, as soon as I figure out the Private Message thing!! :D
Well, I will wait for your reply,,,unless I figure it out on my own!!
c :wave: ya lighter

musicmama
Sat, Jul-27-02, 11:44
I figured it out!!! :D Sendin' ya an email!! Thanks :wave:

PAMMYSUE
Mon, Jul-29-02, 13:16
HI EVERYONE :wave:

How's everyone doing. Great I hope. I dont doing to bad. Things have finally come down in my house, baseball season is over. But football season starts this week. Never ending, but I wouldnt have it any other way.

MUSICMAMA: Hope your foot is doing ok. I see you bought a scrapbooking software. Can you tell me where you go it, I would like to start doing scrapbooking, but dont know where to begin. Iam hoping that once the snow flys my life will come down.

Does anyone know anything about the pills called stackers? I saw them at GNC and advertised on TV. Iam taking epredine EFX.
Seems to be working.

Can we drink Crystal Light? Does it have taste? Got to better than all this water.

Have a great day..

Pammysue

musicmama
Mon, Jul-29-02, 16:48
My foot is doing fine,,,a little pain today but nuthin I cant handle. :)
I bought the scrapbook software at Bestbuy, havent done a whole lot with it yet, but gonna. I saw some great books on it at JoAnnes Fabrics and Crafts too. We have a scrapbooks and more store here too, but its a little family owned business.
As for the Crystal Light, I love it!! I tried drinking Diet Rite today, because it has Splenda in it,,but it tasted so sweet I really didn't care for it. Could it be that I am actually starting to PREFER water?!!! :eek:
My son came in today and mentioned that I am really losing weight... ;) and asked me what diet I am on. He said "My wife needs to hear about that, she gets so depressed about her weight." I said let her ask me,,,don't say anything to her yet; let her see that it's working for me.
Hey, I was surfing the web for success stories on this WOE, and there is an awesome one at www.cindyscorner.com, she lost a great deal of weight..check it out, great inspiration! I hope its okay to pass that info on...... :confused:
Well, its starting to storm here, so better shut this down.
Cya lighter :wave:

melanie 27
Mon, Jul-29-02, 19:15
Hi Ladies, Pam Crystal light is Great but its made with aspertame so beware.I wish theyde come out with some made with splenda.Your doing Great Keep it Up. :D

musicmama I tried that web page & it wont come up :( I was looking forward to reading it too! :) your daughter n law will ask you just watch.Ive been busy as its Monday so I dont got alot of time to post.Its supposed to storm out here in Cali Too dont no if it will thow.Welp better get to cookin dinner Oh Got the newest pic taken today of that black outfit I bought It dont hide every thing as good as the last outfit . :wave:

PAMMYSUE
Tue, Jul-30-02, 07:32
I think I looked at Crystal Light and I think that is why I didnt try it was because of the aspertame. Gives me a instant headache. Thats why I dont drink diet pops. Quess I will have to stick with the water. Getting use to it. :daze:

Did come upon a snack food, its ok, you dont eat alot of them. Has anyone tried Pork Rines. The BBQ ones arent to bad.

I have hit another stalled point but it doesnt bother me because I know that it will work. Time to do more exercising.

Isnt it great to finally feel good. My brother is extremely overweight and he finally had a giant scare with a heart attack last month and I think he is finally going to do something. I told him that it takes hitting rock bottom before you get motivated to make this work. Whats great it doesnt take much work to make it work.

Well good day to all.

melanie 27
Tue, Jul-30-02, 10:41
I remember the DAy my hubby was in the store & he discovered he could have pork rinds He was estatic :D He was so proud of hiself lol.I love pork rinds but there pretty high in sodium so I try & stay away from them My body doesnt mix well with sodium makes me swell.But they didnt efect hubby at all.

It does take hitting Rock bottom My Rock bottom was after struggling with Secondary Infertility & perimenopause at age 26 My cycles are normal now of course but still apear to be infertile but now that ive lost all this weight Infertility may actually be a good thing since I decided I didnt want no more now. I hope your brother converts over soon Ill be praying for him. My weight is at a stand still too.I am almost tempted to try the nut fast again. :wave:

musicmama
Tue, Jul-30-02, 14:59
Okay Mel,,,what is a nut fast???? :confused:
I love the pork rinds too,,but dont do em very often cause I tend to retain fluids too. They are good with sour creme tho. Like dip..but be careful! ;)

I agree about hitting rock bottom, I did it a few months ago. I got on the scales and they went higher than they ever had, and I fell into a deep depression that lasted for weeks. My hair was falling out,,,I felt awful most of the time and was having a hard time dealing with aging, especially with Mike 16 yrs younger!! I just knew I was gonna be fat and crippled and bald,,,unattractive
for the rest of my life. Finally one night I went to my Pastor and he prayed for me. It was a few weeks later, that I felt like the Lord was leading to LC, and here I am. My hair has stopped falling out and is growing, I feel great, all kinds of energy and the depresion is gone, and so are 21 pounds!!! Last night my hubby told me I looked beautiful!!! And I only just started!!! Thanks for all the support guys,,you have really been a help.Looking forward to the rest of the journey with ya all!!!

melanie 27
Tue, Jul-30-02, 19:43
In Atkins Book the older one with a Yellow Cover it talks about the Macadamia nut fast its a form of a fat fast getting most of your food from fat helps you get deep into ketosis.I tried it about 3 or 4 months ago when I hit a stall & it worked & I dropped 5 pnds in just a few days .Its a good stall breaker.But make sure you only do it for 3 days at the most as its unhealthy.Also you could try an all meat fast In the stalls section if you scroll back you will find info on fat fasts & Meat fasts there only to be done Atkins said if Your truley stalled or you metabolicaly resistant to weightloss. So I'll wait two more weeks if Im still stalled then I'll no its a true stall & I'll do it If youde like to try it hang on a few more weeks & I'll be your fat fast buddy :D Tomorrow Im going to start using my fit day again to keep track of what IM eating. We have a apostolic function at Magic mountain in september & I wanna look good I'll be seeing alot of old Sis & Bros from my home church that i came out of in Coalinga.Welp I better get :wave:

musicmama
Tue, Jul-30-02, 22:59
Okay, now I know!!! I may try that all meat fast if I get really stuck, that would work for me,,as I am a meat lover and feel deprived without it. Thats why all the diets I tried never worked!!
I can't wait for your first post after you have seen all your old friends from the other church! They are gonna be so shocked when they see you!! :eek:
Tonight at church my Pastor told me he could tell it was working, to keep up the good work. He has been praying for me on this endeavor so I try to keep him posted. I also wore a dress I hadnt been able to wear at all a couple of months ago,and tongiht it was loose!! Felt good! :roll:
Well, tomorrow to the doctor for this foot,,,I have convinced two good freinds of mine to have this surgery done, they need it badly but were terrified of the pain, WHen I told them there wasnt much, they wanna go for it They want my doctor's phone number, won'tbe long till they will want my food plan too!! :D
Well, gotta go get ready for bed.
CYA lighter :wave:

PAMMYSUE
Wed, Jul-31-02, 07:51
HI ALL!!!!

It is so nice to get to work and turn on computer and have some emails from everyone.

This meat fast does sound great!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love to eat meat.
I think I am stalled because I have not been eating 3 meals a day. Been so busy (excuse) that I havent been eating right. Its about time to tell my kids and hubby it is time to slow down. Mom's got a bikini to fit in and mom must eat meat. :D

Has anyone had a problem with their thryroid during the Atkins? I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism before I started the diet and Iam going to go have it checked next month to see where it is now that I am on Atkins.

Not to be nosey but what did you have done to your foot? I may break mine this weekend. My kids said now that I am loosing weight I have no excuse now and I must go roller blading with them. I may be having surgery next week :p

Talk to ya soon,

Pammysue

melanie 27
Wed, Jul-31-02, 10:19
Ive done the all Meat fast & its easy :D but I lost more on the Macadamia fast The good part about the meat fast is I had tons of energy on it versus the nut fast I got tired.

Your too funny & very Brave Pammy :D I dont think I could stand up on those things :D

Well today is day one of counting my food with fitday again.Gotta go inter food. Be back latter :wave:

I updated My web page for ya all Im going to half to fix it tonight again as I missed some capitol letters LOL :D Its got a little more of my story on the first page & since my photos were growing I got a page now just for them. :wave:

PAMMYSUE
Fri, Aug-02-02, 09:12
Hows everybody!!!!!! :wave:

Well everyone wish me luck, Iam going to do the roller blading this weekend. Everyone pray I dont break my butt.

Things are going great, I was thinking this morning, it is so nice to get dress and not be totally discussed by the time you go to work. Nothing fit, everything looked nasty and then when you came home from work you would have 10 outfits laying on your bed you tried them all on and nothing fit. I also noticed that I am not yelling at my kids as much in the morning, cause I am not frustrated anymore. Really makes you wonder why it took so long to find this diet. I only found it because I was up one night not able to sleep because I feeling sorry for myself and the info commercial came on and I said why not cant hurt. God works in misterious ways.

I have to give some of the credit to my husband, he is so supporting and constantly comments on how good I look. Behind every good woman theres a good man :D

Well everyone have a great weekend. :clap:

Pammysue

PAMMYSUE
Fri, Aug-02-02, 09:23
OH one more thing I forgot to mention:::::::

I have been on my scales so much I broke them. I have to go out and buy a new. I think I will get a voice activate one that says:

(1) Honey you look great you dont need to step on me.

(2) WoW your as light as a feather!!!!

(3) Honey you continuing to just amaze me...

Well I can wish...

Pammysue

melanie 27
Fri, Aug-02-02, 09:41
:D thats Funny!!!LOLOLOL ha ha

You be careful Roller blading you crazy lady!!I too have noticed Im in a much better mood since starting this way of Life Before my female hormones were so out of balance i was either Mad,angry,crying,or arguing all the time Now its like for the most part Im in a Great mood .I read that its because it levels your serotonin levels .Any how yes God works in misterious ways Keep up the Great work!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

musicmama
Fri, Aug-02-02, 15:31
Hi again!!! Glad to see you are doing so well Pammy,,,,but be careful with those roller blades!! As to what I had done to my foot,,well,,I went in to have a bunion removed,,and they ended up taking a small bone from each toe and removing the bunion as well,,,,I had what is called hammer toes, where my toes hump up and maked wearing shoes very uncomfortable. Now I am going sandal shopping!!! After I have the other one done that is. There was very little pain,,so if some of you out there need it,,get it done!! The suffering before was worse than the actual surgery!! :rolleyes:
I havent been doing well with breakfast ....i been sleeping late since I have been off work,,and by the time I get up,,its too late for breakfast. So, I just wait till lunch! Gonna have to work on that! :(
Well,,,my nightgown fits looser!! :D
ANyone ver heard of Oxycise?? Its deep breathing exercises that make ya lose inches,,,great for the elderly :( they said. I ordered the program and got it in themail, havent tried it yet. There is a website fo rit they said tho,,,I'll let ya know.....
Cya Lighter :wave:

PAMMYSUE
Thu, Aug-15-02, 07:38
WHERES EVERYONE BEEN........DID EVERYONE JUST MELT AWAY....

Things going great here. Just constantly buzy, buzy. School starts next Friday... :D Been doing that school shopping thing - God grant me patience :eek:

Lost another 3 pounds, Hopefully my stall period is over.

Good day to all,

Pam

musicmama
Thu, Aug-15-02, 10:51
Good to hear from you Pammy,,,and to see that you are still "melting away!" :D
I think everyone has been really busy withthe end of summer stuff,,you know,,,school preparartions, last minute get aways, etc. As for me, I have been stuck here with this foot surgery, although I will be able to go back to work next Thursday!! :thup:
WOnt be able to weigh for two more weeks though.....thats a bummer..it will have been six weeks,,,i better have a good loss!!!!! :( Been sticking right to plan,,,havent cheated once in 7 weeks, except for not gettng all the water down all the time. Gonna start doing some floor exercises today,,,work on the waistline. I have lost a lot of inches in the upper body,,,but the hips are really my worst part..oh well,,,,it'll come off eventually!!!

Cmon eveyone, lets get this thread rolling again!!! :roll: Where are ya???

CYA Lighter :wave:

melanie 27
Thu, Aug-22-02, 18:42
Sorry I havnt posted in awhile ladies..TOM is here & hoping I'll be able to report a new low any day now.My 12's are way to big now :D Just gave away a bunch of my 22's to a lady were winning over to the Lord that was so hard to let go of Ya no the way ya feel when ya give baby stuff away & end up preggo I was going to keep my big cloths :rolleyes: But the Lord gave me peace I wont half to where a size 22 again not to worry. :D So I gave them away with a cheerful heart today knowing that I won't need them EVER AGAIN!!!After Tom leaves I'll get & updated picture of me..Bye ya all Happy loosing :wave:

musicmama
Fri, Aug-23-02, 14:46
Just taking a minute to post......sooooooooo busy here!! I hate moving!!! :thdown:
Hey <Melanie, way to go on the size 12's being too big!!! :thup:
I know how you feel about giving away your clothes...I always hang on to mine too,,but this time I am giving them away as I lose and they dont fit. It is a great feeling. Like you. the Lord has encouraged me that I will have "good success", because He is helping me!!
I think my stall has ended,,,I have HUGE amounts of energy and I have been going to the potty every few minutes!! My clothes are really loose, feels great! I am so excited, cant wait to see what size I am in by Christmas!! Its a 22 now,,,down from a 26, so maybe an 18?? My daughter lives in Michigan and I am anxious for Thanksgivng when they come down , she will be surprised. She is a svelte size 8, maybe I can get her to save me her clothes!!! ;)
We are meeting ourselves coming and going..moving, church sale,,church picnic,,,work,,,so I may not post much in the next few days. Keep up the good work tho,,,,you are an inspiration!!!

PAMMYSUE
Mon, Aug-26-02, 06:58
HEY LADIES......

Glad to see everyone is back on the site.

Things going great here. Had a birthday last week. My husband surprised me with a marque diamond ring. Our 15 anniversary is next month. He also said it was because he was so proud of me and my weight loss. He is so great.

Went to my yearly doctors appointment. (My yearly pick, proding and poking) My doctor was so surprised at my weight loss, he told me to keep of the good work. When I started Adkins, I read all the material about how the fat content of this diet was so bad for you etc etc. I admit I was kind of worried about it. But my blood pressure was 100/58 (down from 120/75) and my Colesteral was 171 and now is 156. So Adkins does work.....

Well last have a great week, got to get back to work.

Pammysue

melanie 27
Sat, Aug-31-02, 12:10
Today I hit my 8th month on this WOE! :D & to celebrate it the woosh fairy took some pnds with her over night & now I get to celebrate my 8th month anniversary 50 pnds lighter then I was 8 months ago & 67 Inches smaller!!!Heres my 8th month photo.The skirt Im wearing I wore on my honey moon you can see me in this skirt on my scrap book page on my web site. welp here it is :wave:

musicmama
Mon, Sep-02-02, 23:35
WOW!!! Thats awesome!! Congratulations Melanie!!! You look great! :D
I have been so busy I havent had time to weigh or measure,,,but I have noticed that my clothes are way big on me now,,,even my nightgowns!! :eek: I have been following the plan all except for the water,,,I got hung up on the fact that McDonalds 43 oz cokes were 53 cents!!! After about three days, I started swelling up....got back to my water in a hurry!!!
Keep it up girl!!!! You look beautiful!!! You inspire me!!!!

Gotta go,,,CYA lighter :wave:

PAMMYSUE
Tue, Sep-03-02, 06:42
CONGRATS MELANIE............................

IAM STILL AT A STAND STILL ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS....

TALK TO YOU SOON.

PAMMYSUE :wave:

melanie 27
Tue, Sep-03-02, 09:43
Try limiting Dairy first that usually breaks up a stall for me.Second are you drinking enough Water?Try signing up for Fitday & keep track of what your eating its Free & also has a graph & other great things its at www.fitday.com see how many Carbs your really eating a day sometimes its more then what we think.I only loose weight in wooshes right after TOM & stall out until the next TOM so its very fustrating but I do no without fail TOM always takes 3 pnds a month from me so at least its something.Hang in there how long have you been stalled now?My last stall was 6 weeks boy that was fustrating.Hope you see a BIG WOOSHHH soon!!!! :wave:

melanie 27
Tue, Sep-03-02, 09:51
Musicmamma~~~Sure do miss ya around here!!! Yeah I here ya we had a BarbQ yesturday so you no now I gotta finish off the soda to get it out of the house :D :rolleyes: Oh well It'll be finished today & tomorrow I'll get back on track.One thing I notice is Ive lost more inches then anything & I weigh more this time wearing a 10 then last time last time I was between 140-150 wearing a 10 so I really think all the protein must help build mucel back up even with out exersise to a certain extent.So remember no matter what the scale shows its the inches that matter thats why I sugested that you take measuremants every where we dont always loose it in our tummys like wed like but it comes from & inch here then an Inch there Ive lost 67 inches but its not all from tummy its from all over.Dont be afraid of the tape measure it can be your best friend when the scales stuck. :D I can't wait for those pictures of you..Miss ya Sis I'll email ya... :wave:

PAMMYSUE
Fri, Sep-13-02, 07:49
WHERE HAS EVERYONE GONE?????????? :(

I FEEL SO ALONE?????????????????? :(

NOONE WANTS TO TALK TO ME ANYMORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

PAMMY SUE :wave:

melanie 27
Fri, Sep-13-02, 09:48
Hi Pammy Im sorry Ive been off the Boards a few weeks just taking a break.I know how ya feel sometimes its days before I get any replys to my posts.I think we all get a little burnt out sometimes & just need a break.I cheated all last week.And feel horrable about it.But I truley needed a breather Ive decided every 3 months Im going to take a week break & relax I didnt binge just a High Carb here & there & not sweating weighing myself.I hope your doing well I'll try & post more ok :hug: :wave:

musicmama
Fri, Sep-13-02, 23:53
Dont fret Pammy!!!!! We are here,,,just a busy time! :D

I been missing everyone too,,,so will try to check in every night before I go to bed. I finally went to the grocery store and am ready to get back to the routine. I have been eating too little lately, gotta get back on track. And the water thing has been bad too,,,,,,sigh,,,,oh well,,,we have had a break,,,now,,,back to the plan!!!

Chat atcha soon!!!

CYA lighter! :wave:

PAMMYSUE
Mon, Sep-16-02, 06:53
:wave:

OH! I knew everyone was still here....

I was just joking, I have not been on much either.

Not much knew here. Weight still the same. I think I am still loosing inches, pants are getting bigger. I problem is finding
time to exercise. I know that sounds like an excuse but I have not time in the morning because I am trying to get my kids to school. When I get home I either have football, soccer or
karate. By the time I get 5 minutes it is 8-9 at night and Iam tired. I think I need to send my family on a vacation, or better yet me on a vacation.

So whats everyone else up to? Boy the summer went fast didnt. But just think by next summer we will all be bathing beautys.

Everyone have a great day.

Pammysue

PAMMYSUE
Mon, Sep-23-02, 14:55
HI EVERYONE!!!

Went off my diet last weekend. Had to . My husband surprised me with a weekend away for our anniversary (15 yrs). He took me to a Chalet in the Hills. Very Very Nice.... Very quiet, relaxing,
with a hot tub etc etc, will stop there. :D

Time to get back to realty. Back to low carbing it. Got to get past this stull period.

Hope everyone is still doing great. :wave:

Talk to ya soon.

Pammysue

MarieC
Tue, Sep-24-02, 12:07
WOW! I just checked out the pictures you posted and WOW! :Party:

If I hit a bump in the road and don't think I can stick to it I'm going to click on your before and after photos and remotivate me!

So pround of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

melanie 27
Mon, Oct-07-02, 15:50
Thank you...

First Goal has been met & now on my way to second goal. 70 inches lost off my body!!! Im now a size 9-10 & feel great Can't believe I made it this far :D Im in this for life!!!!Heres my newest picture taken 56 pounds lighter then my before photo are you ready??? :D

TriciaW
Mon, Oct-07-02, 17:35
I just had to tell you how great you look! You are such an inspiration, thank you for sharing your progress with the rest of us! Have a wonderful day!

PAMMYSUE
Tue, Oct-08-02, 07:19
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Great News ... Melanie

So tell me, what excercise program are you doing. Are you walking, jogging or what. I am going to start going to the gym this week. I have got to do something drastic. I am stalled and have been for over a month. What level of carbs are you at now.
Iam staying right around 30-40 a day and then carbing up on the weekends to about 60-70.

Any advice. Iam getting flustrated.

jus2muchme
Tue, Oct-08-02, 10:20
You Look Great! :thup:

melanie 27
Tue, Oct-08-02, 11:19
Thank you all!! :D

Pammysue~~~~I walk 4 times a week 4-5 miles each time.I have a problem of frequent stalls & the thing ive found breaks me up is contrary to low carb lololol I'll plan a week or two cheat where I have a few high carb foods each day not overloading just bringing my carbs to about 100 for a few weeks then go back whole hog to induction where my carbs are as close to 0 as possable.then bam I loose 5 pnds a week.I dont practice this all the time as I no it could be addictive behavior Ive actually only did it twice but it works.If your careful to not overload on carbs & eat junk food then you wont gain during your cheat I never cheat on Junk food its usually on flour tortias or higher carb veggies or suger free ice cream but never high carb candies & goodies.One thing Ive also noticed is theres one week a month I'll loose thats during Tom & right after.I had a hormonal imbalane before LC so when I do the planned cheat its thrown my cycle off again so be aware if you have pcos or have had delayed Tom that a planned cheat will throw your cycle for a loop but it will level back out.

Advice ~~~hang in there your day will come if you stick with this no matter how slow it gets many times ive trugged along slow as a turtle deppressed it was going so slow but never have I gave up & thats whats got me to where I am today.Hang in there Im excited to see your before & after photos too!!!!!! :wave:

mommac
Tue, Oct-08-02, 22:16
hello melanie 27, i am new to the atkins diet and this web site, but your meesage caught my attention and i have read it from beginning to end and looked at all your pictures and your bio and honestly,
YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave:
just seeing and reading about you ahs made me do alot of smiling knowing that we can do it. now that i have been on the diet for 2 weeks and 2 days, it has been hard for me to give up diet soda, do you think that will hinder me from losing weight. I read somewhere that you should drink half of your body weight in water, and in my case i would litterly float away. so can you please give me some of your greatest tips on the diet so that i can have the same success that you have had.
THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU!!!!!
and if anyone else has any pointers for me please let me know!!!!

Tiggerlou
Wed, Oct-09-02, 07:08
Welcome Mommac!
Here is something I found out really quickly - mentioned in some of the LC books, and true for myself: The Citric Acid found in some LC foods, as in most of the diet pops as well as jello and the like, interferes with ketosis! I did a test just for that purpose, changed NOTHING in my diet other than added a cup of jello...and my loss instantly stopped. So, give it a thought... I did find some sodas that have no citric acid in them, but I am not sure if I can mention brand names here. . . .

PAMMYSUE
Wed, Oct-09-02, 08:11
Hey Melanie,,,

So let me make sure I understand this right. If I start next week and carp up to 100 carbs. Dont eat any chocolate, candy, munchies. But I can eat Carborhydates, Like my Mexican food.
Little bit of Pizza etc. Then try that for 2 weeks, and then carp way down for 2 weeks. To be honest I have been bad on
exercising. I am going to a gym tomorrow and get started there.
I also have a treadmill and started walking 2 miles every other day. I need to try something, I am getting flustrated. I know this diet work, I have seen the results, but I want to hit my goal.
I am envious of you.......lol

Now I did start garbing up on the weekends and I was to have a visit from Tom last week and he didnt show up. You did have problems with that to. Usually I am very regular every 24 days.

I appreciate having someone to talk to who understands.
How do you get those pictures on the website. I will give you pictures.

Mommac: Welcome aboard. You are definitely in the right place.
The way I got off pop, I did it cold turkey. It was tough but I knew it was the only way it would work. I dont miss it. I never thought I would say this but I dont mind water anymore. I drink about 75 ounces a day. I do have to put a Lipton Tea in there once a day though.

Good Luck with your program.

Well Melanie, will talk to you soon.

Pammysue

mommac
Wed, Oct-09-02, 09:39
thank you both for your replies, but let me get back on the soda, i have taken it down to diet and no caffeine, but i do probably need to get off it completely. it is just that i need some kind of flavor. does anyone have any suggestions (and if i put a tea bag in it then i need some kind of sweetner). also, i am trying to convert my family to low carb how do you all handle doing that? i have tried so far but having a teen ager and small children they love burgers fries and chips ect.. should i even impose this on them?

life is what you put in it;
if you put in junk you will receive junk;
if you put in succes you will receive success
http:// :rolleyes:

melanie 27
Wed, Oct-09-02, 11:30
Thank you Mommac~~ In the beggining I couldnt drink diet pop at all it would stall me water tea & crystal light dont stall me.Now that Im so close to goal I drink diet soda on weekends.You would be suprised how much water will help you loose its really true In the beggining youde half to read my journal someone told me drink up on the water because I was stalling already at week four I up my water & woosh would drop 3 pounds over night. I was so over weight I decded to wait to really get involved in exersise tell I was at a comfortable weight which for me is now So im just barely starting to exersise faithfully to tone up.When I was to over weight Id get out of breath & almost pass out from working out. The best thing I can recomend is go read some of the journals of LC who have been doing this awhile it will help you theres alot of tips in the journal & you can see all the ups & downs along the way at first you will experience a big woosh then you can expect it to slow down to 5 pnds or less a month dont expect more then that because if you do you'll think the diets not working when it is & take your measurmants now every where thighs calves bicepts timmy waist hips under bust bust I also measure above my hips I call it my upper tummy lolol ..Every time my weights slowed down Ive lost inches. My before pictures really dont do justice to what I really looked like because right before I started I was bigger then those pictures. Come by & visit my journal anytime you need advice I'll try & help.You'll get there too!!! One reason on my web site I did pictures at differant stages is I would love to see others at differant stages & wonder what Id look like there but theres no one out there who post not only before & after photos but during I love before & after photos they motivate me but Id really like to see more people do pictures during there progress. Marlaines journal has got great photos too!

Pammysue~~~ Yes you got the picture I tryed that CDK thing upping on weekends & that didnt work its not enough time to trick your body what your going to do is trick it into thinking its not on this WOE anymore you need at least a good week or more just be careful to not eat anything you were addicted to before.As far as pizza I limited myself to two pieces .Basically I had diet soda,SF ice cream,Carrots,tortias from taco salads,sauces with carbs stuff like that I stayed away from the foods I was addicted to.I just added to my LC plan.Then yep go back to induction for two weeks then ease back into OWL .. Oh the web site Go too www.geocities.com & you can sign up for a free website you need either a scanner or a digital camera to upload pictures the web builder has a tutorial theres actually a deal that is real simple. Sooner or latter Im going to add the success stories of others I'll let you no when I do .. & you can email your before & after photos & your story & I'll put it on there. Welp gotta go.....Happy LC :wave:

mommac
Wed, Oct-09-02, 20:37
thank you for the advice on drinking the water i will really try harder. i can say that today i have gulped down ~48oz and it was not easy. i did go by some though and it helps alot that i put 4 16oz bottles in the fridge and know that i have to drink them in a day. i hope it gets easier as i go, but if not it is a small trade for being healthier.

PAMMYSUE
Mon, Nov-04-02, 10:25
:wave: :wave:

Hi everyone!!!!!

Just wanted to stop in and say hi....

Thinks going great. Running alot with the kids. But did get to a local gym. Joined and am going 4 days a week. Working with weights and finally getting going on an exercise routine. I have lost 5 pounds ( very slow 5 pounds) but have lost or maybe rearranged quite a few inches.

Hope everyone is doing great.....

Keep up the success...

Pammysue

aisha
Sun, Dec-01-02, 01:11
You have got to be kidding me !
Honey the clothes are different - sorry but it very hard to see the differences in fatloss-why dont you show the body not the clothes..?
Sorry if I disappointed you Im just being honest

musicmama
Sun, Dec-01-02, 15:54
Hi all.!!! Just stopped by to say hi also!! Melanie, as usual you still inspire me!! :D
Hey, I made it through Thanksgiving,,,although I did cheat, but went right back on the WOE afterwards so didnt gain anything. Took a day and a half to get back into keto tho. I got a question about the carbonated waters.......does anybody drink em?? WalMart has some with no carbs, no sodium, no calories,,,just water and carbonation. I got some from Krogers with 10mg sodium,,,but I was looking at the label and read citric acid and sucralose......I bet it stalls me what do ya think?? Ever since we moved into a house with well water, i have had a struggle drinkng straight water. :( .....even though we buy it in a big container to drink. I am gonna have to make myself get back into the habit I know, but like some of you,,I need flavor!! And I think I am addicted to carbonation!
Losing inches,,,and thats a good thing..... :D

CYA lighter :wave:

melanie 27
Mon, Dec-02-02, 10:12
Thank you ...

Add some lemon or drink tea Ive done some exepermenting & water with lemon & even tea with caffiene dont stall me I can't drink water plain either. I squirt some lemon juice in it...

I cheated bad yesturday made it through thanksgiving only to cheat yesturday lolol oh well back to induction I gained 10 pnds of water overnight!!! :eek: My body doesnt like suger at all!!!I have a headache too..Cheating just isnt worth the consequences!!! :wave:

melanie 27
Mon, Dec-02-02, 10:18
Aisha~~~~were you speaking to me???

It doesnt matter what you think really becuase Im sure after loosing 57 pounds there is a defferance!!!!Your the first negative response Ive had so your opinion dont matter any how... I think your relpy was down right rude even if it wasnt to me these boards are for supporting one another not tearing our self asteem down... :mad: How would you like some to tear your self asteem down & stamp on it it doesnt feel good!!!

melanie 27
Mon, Dec-02-02, 10:25
As far as showing my body I dont think its right to expose our bodies for millions of people to see online!!! Im Apostolic & its against my beliefs to imodestly expose my body at all!!! Since your so High & mighty lets see your perfect body!!!!!!

PAMMYSUE
Mon, Dec-02-02, 10:54
:D YOU TELL EM MELANIE !!! :D

Havent talk to you for a long time. Hows it going? I know what you mean about the cheating. I cheated this weekend and I feel horrible this morning, all bloated and feel like I gained 10 pounds. I check I only gained 4 pounds and I am sure that is mostly water. Feel like my body is a sponge and soaks up water were ever it can. I am keeping with my goal. I am still at 36 pounds and 29 inches. Started at the gym last month. Iam going to go gunho these next 3 weeks. Iam inches from going into size 12 pants. Iam going to be in them by Christmas Day.

Hope your holiday was nice.

Talk to ya soon.

Pam

melanie 27
Mon, Dec-02-02, 12:47
Wow almost a size 12 you go girl!!!!!!Thats Awsome!!! Im like a spunge too but I loose water weight fairly quik so I no I'll be back down by wednesday but I hate feeling bloated.. I had a nice thanksgiving at the in laws it was great & I made it through the day only cheating on the filling of a pumkin pie slice. Nothing alse apealed to me... Im post Ovulation so thats why I had intense cravings yesturday Im going to half to keep them in check the next week in a half tell Tom arrives.. Missed ya too Pammysue!! :D

Sorry ya all I just got mad that someone had to critisize me I shouldnt have let it bother me but it did I no I look differant now than at 215 & everyone around me can't stop compliminteing me so who cares what one negative person thanks someone once told me negative people tare down others cause there unhappy with there selves. Aisha maybe you dont understand why every 10 pnds I put a new picture up if you read this whole thread youde no it wasnt for seeing a differance it was because I wondered what I would look like at 180,170,160 ect ect & I thought maybe theres others out there who might wanna see pictures of not just before & after but on the down hill ride also.. It was to inspire others not for critisizm! Maybe Im an Atkins die hard & I go too far but thats what it takes to make this WOE a lifetime change not just a diet..

Welp again Im sorry I got upset..Im sure all my buddies understand... ;) :wave:

TriciaW
Mon, Dec-02-02, 12:54
I totally agree! Please don't let one person dissuade you from doing what you are doing! I see a huge difference especially from your first photo! I "lurk" here often to see your progress as YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION! Thanks for sharing! :wave:

musicmama
Mon, Dec-02-02, 20:31
Honestly Melanie,,,a person would have to be blind not to tell the difference,,,for one thing....lookat your face!! Dont pay any attention to the negative comment,,,you have enough of us supporting you and applauding your success to let that one bother you. Like you said,,,this is all about support, not tearing down. ;)

I have found a low carb buddy at work,,,we are going to start working out three times a week, and be accountable to each other. Lookiing forward to some inches coming off bigtime!! :thup:

Went to the chiropractor today, I had pulled my back out moving furniture :( ..and while he was adjusting me he found a knot on the back of my neck,,,,said for me to go to the doctor because it looks like a fatty tumor,,the kind that grows fast and since it is not in a good place, near my brain stem,,he was concerned. Say a prayer..I am kinda nervous!!

Still being faithful to the WOE!!!

CYA lighter!! :wave:

melanie 27
Tue, Jan-21-03, 12:04
just popped in to give my new stats
62 pounds lost
82 inches Gone forever!!! its been a year & 21 days On Atkins & Im still totally in LOve with this WOE!! I havnt worked out in a very long time & I have New Mucel Mass :D Everyone thinks Im working Out with weights LOL Guess its all the Protein.. Im going to list all the Medical benfits Ive had On this WOE
Was Diebetic now theres no Sign Of Diebetis!!
I also had Irrital Bowl Syndrome for 9 years its totally Gone!!
Have PCOS all symptoms Gone
including Acne,Cysts,Annovulatory cycles,Irregular Long 130+ day cycles now perfect 32 day cycles & Im ovulating again for the first time in years. Theres absolutly NO acne My face looks healthier then ever!
My triglisterides were in the High 300's now in NOrmal range
My good Cholesterol was Low only 25 Now perfect
My heart attack ratio was 6.9 Extremly high now I dont have a heart attack ratio. No one can ever convince Me Low carb is dangerous to my Health Ive seen a Miracle in my Body since the first week on Atkins. When I get to my Ultimate Goal 135 I aim to Give Atkins my success story. God & Atkins gave me back my life!!! Thank you both!!!Heres my newest picture taken today in a size 8 suit!! its a little blury my camera batteries are low. Happy & Healthy weightloss!!!!

TriciaW
Tue, Jan-21-03, 12:39
Congratulations on the size 8 suit! All of the additional health benefits are sure worth making the life change. You should be so proud of your accomplishments. I look forward to seeing your success story on the Atkins site :wave:

melanie 27
Thu, Jan-30-03, 14:46
Thank you Trish

Still havnt heard back from Atkins Guess they probably get alot they gotta review. Oh well If I dont make it Im still doing my part spreading the word through my web pages. Weve all seen so many +++++ chages in our bodies & health. I saw Atkins on the view they got me so mad :mad: There so criticle of this WOE The old saying shouldnt Mock it tell you try it comes to me. I ordered Atkins for Life and am looking forward to the rest of my Life now that I have Hope! Welp better get just thought Id Pop in & thank you Trish for your reply :D Happy Loosing!!! :wave:

musicmama
Sun, Mar-16-03, 23:35
Melanie,,,where are you??? I am worried!!!!

Check in and let us know whats up!!!! :confused:

Deshukel
Mon, Apr-07-03, 13:50
Melanie -- I agree with most! You are an inspiration.. hope you are doing well. Also to disagree with prior post-- You can so see a body change even with the clothing difference. You look marvelous, I'm sure you feel great too! More power to you! Sometimes people say things because they are feeling bad about themselves, or jealous. Let's just pray for her and her well being..

Keep up the great work. Hope the exercise and baby stuff is going well.

Kelly :thup:

thebigman
Fri, Apr-11-03, 06:12
Hi Melanie,
don't really know how I got here, but congratulations on all your success, I visted your website, and you truly inspire me.

You have done great and to me as a newbie still in the first weeks of induction, you have shown just what a great blessing will come from sticking with this plan over an extended time.

thanks for your ethusiasm and commitment.

Graeme

gawdess
Fri, Sep-26-03, 13:14
Congrats to you!

Archie
Sat, Sep-27-03, 08:57
Hi Melanie,
Was surfing through some success stories here and noticed how long this thread had been around. I took a look at your web site and when I first saw your latest after picture I thought it was one of your daughters! When I finally discovered in the latter part of the thread that it was you now I was blown away! I can only imagine how good you must feel! You are an icon of inspiration! Thanks! :sunny: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :sunny:

mom24
Mon, Oct-13-03, 21:30
Hi, I am new to this site and was wondering if you were pentecostal?I am.I hope you don't mind me asking.

melanie 27
Wed, Jan-18-06, 14:59
Im back after 2 1/2 yrs away I achieved my biggest goal which was to get pregnant with # 4 & I did she's now 2 & I'm now ready to get back down to my goal weight Atkins is the only way Ive ever been able to loose weight & keep it off for so long I stayed down to 170 until September of last year then threw making candy for the holidays I GAINED 35 PNDS !!Im not sad or depressed about it because reading my success story again gave me inspiration that I CAN DO THIS AGAIN!!!I'll check in once a month & let you no where I'm at :)

fedup101
Wed, Jul-05-06, 18:20
way to go, keep up the good work. The white stuff is not worth it.

bet_davis
Thu, Jul-06-06, 00:34
wow, that was great!!! i hope i cpuld also do that to lose some weight..

Kesmai
Fri, Jul-28-06, 17:04
I could never go without bread :( It is just so tasty and delicious. How did you do it?

current
Sat, Sep-02-06, 06:37
A fantastic achievment! I just started LC Atkins yesterday, found this forum, and reading comments like yours are very encouraging...Hoping I have the ongoing success that you have...