PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Denise and I'm a low-carb friend for life!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

AKADenise
Mon, Feb-06-12, 18:15
Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I'm new to this website, but not new to low-carb...just celebrated my two-year anniversary on Atkins. Love. Love. Love having my life back.

I read alot, so am looking forward to getting to know you all...learn more...find more great recipes...and maybe share some tips along the way. I'm satisfied with my weight, but would really like to lose about 20 more pounds...if and when that happens...I will be very happy.

Denise

Larson
Mon, Feb-06-12, 18:22
Hi, Denise. what an amazing weight loss! :) Am full of admiration.Did you go all the way up to 20 carbs or did you stay lower than that?

Liz53
Mon, Feb-06-12, 18:28
Hi Denise - it is so nice to see you here!

Suezeb
Mon, Feb-06-12, 18:32
:) hiya there, friend!

Lois55
Mon, Feb-06-12, 18:42
It's so nice to see another familiar name.

red512
Mon, Feb-06-12, 18:55
Well, hello! Fancy seeing you here. :)

CorrineH
Mon, Feb-06-12, 19:03
Great to see you Denise!

Suezeb
Mon, Feb-06-12, 19:03
Well, well well! It is old home week. :)

janeth
Mon, Feb-06-12, 19:14
Hi, I'm Janeth (pronounced Jane - eth). I've been low carbing for almost 8 months. Happy with my progress. I'm Learnin!
Nice to see familiar names.

Labhrain
Mon, Feb-06-12, 19:14
Hi, Denise! Nice to see you here.

Corrine, good to see you, as well.

AKADenise
Mon, Feb-06-12, 20:11
Larson...started at 20 net carbs, religiously...probably 3-4 months. Gradually added...actually did fine. Pretty consistent loss for one year...long story that taught me oats and grains are fine for maintenance, not for weight loss. Stalled for one year...still happy where I am. Ready to go for the last 20 now. Thanks for your interest. Best wishes to you...best plan ever. I'll be your cheerleader!!!

Tikib
Mon, Feb-06-12, 20:47
Good to see you Denise. You have done so well. Gosh!

ijedic
Mon, Feb-06-12, 21:04
:wave: Hi Denise!

donnamo
Mon, Feb-06-12, 23:22
Welcome, Denise :wave: It's great you've come to a place where you already have friends. You'll get lots of support looks like. Have fun and good luck :)

Buttoni
Tue, Feb-07-12, 14:07
HELLO DENISE!! And to all of you old Atkins buddies. I recognize all your names! Not even going to ask what happened, as I think I already know. Tweaking the program to meet your needs and goals is not frowned upon here. All programs and variations thereof are welcomed non-judgementally. And best of all, there's no snarky posting here EVER, that I've seen in over two years. :)

I've been a member since long before I left Atkins forums. I can say you'll definitely like it here. Supportive, well-informed members willing to help you fine-tune to get to your goals. Just ask and you'll get all kinds of experienced advice on how to get there. :)

billbill1
Tue, Feb-07-12, 14:12
Haven't I seen you some place before?

knorris47
Tue, Feb-07-12, 14:14
Hi all!! I dont want to fill up the 10 letters but by now i have lol

AKADenise
Tue, Feb-07-12, 18:56
OMG Peggy...so great to see you again. I have missed you!! Good to hear this is a great place. Just what I was looking for...

AKADenise
Tue, Feb-07-12, 18:57
hi, everyone...thanks for stopping by and putting out the welcome mat

Lois55
Tue, Feb-07-12, 19:02
Peggy & Karen! I'm so happy to see you again! And thanks so much for the welcome Peggy. :bhug: :bhug:

BW2010
Tue, Feb-07-12, 19:11
Hi Denise! Nice to "see" you!

iloveec
Wed, Feb-08-12, 10:36
Hi! :wave: Welcome!

nonna53
Wed, Feb-08-12, 11:06
:wave: Hi denise,,sorry I'm a little late with my welcome.

But WELCOME :cheer:

AKADenise
Wed, Feb-08-12, 16:09
hey, jan...thanks! And iloveec, nice to meet you.

janjfree
Wed, Feb-08-12, 16:23
Oh my gosh, Denise is here! So Glad!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKADenise
Wed, Feb-08-12, 19:11
hey, jan...did you get my message? Just thanking you for yours...it meant a lot to me.

janjfree
Wed, Feb-08-12, 19:44
No Denise, I didn't get your message (just checked too). But I'm so glad you are here. You are in the group of smart, saavy, compassionate women I met on the "other" site, and I would hate to lose our connection.

Zookeeper2
Sun, Feb-19-12, 20:57
Hi, Denise, Buttoni, and all the other familiar names -- I feel right at home!

Bellanina
Mon, Feb-20-12, 00:22
Hi, and welcome Denise! :wave: And not to hijack, but wow! Lookit all the Atkins forum members! What the heck happened over there! :D

gonwtwindo
Mon, Feb-20-12, 00:47
I don't know what the heck happened where you all came from but I'm happy to see you all here. This is a great place. I've been here a few years (well with a pretty long period of disappearing - heh) and have met so many great friends. Lots of support and info here.

Welcome!

AKADenise
Mon, Feb-20-12, 13:22
Just like with our low-carbing...sometimes you just have to change things up a bit...thanks for the warm welcome!

askwhy456
Wed, Feb-22-12, 09:55
I don't know what the heck happened where you all came from but I'm happy to see you all here. This is a great place. I've been here a few years (well with a pretty long period of disappearing - heh) and have met so many great friends. Lots of support and info here.

Welcome!

You are so right and thank you and everyone else on this forum that has been so welcoming to us! I have only been here a short time (2 weeks +/-) but with the mix of old and new friends this feels so much like 'home'. There is so much info available on LC that I feel that I have logged into a library! It's LC heaven!