PDA

View Full Version : Arrugh!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Eadreel
Tue, May-07-02, 09:26
Dang, I seem to have gained 5 lbs..... :mad: I have been following atkins and on induction since 4-24-2002. I should be loosing......grrrr. Maybe it is muscle.<hope> We will see where I am at the end of the week.....

Nicole

Talon
Tue, May-07-02, 10:36
It could be any number of things - water weight retention (which usually gets me for a few pounds), still unprocessed food in your system, etc. I've had weeks where I have gained and gotten really depressed - until I understood and beleived all those natural and predictable reasons. :)

I've found for me that weighing myself everyday was very very counterproductive - I am now weighing in on Sunday mornings, period. I would just obsess over the little gains that happen naturally and would get discouraged.

I know some other forumers who weigh once a month, some only weigh when the go to the dr's office. It is what you think is best for you.

Have you been staying at your carb level? If you eat more carbs than allowable for you, ontop of the higher fat we eat in this diet.. that could spell disaster - for you weight and your health.

Hang in there!

ldypgmr
Tue, May-07-02, 18:57
I agree...I also weigh at most once a week on Sunday morning. I don't worry if I miss a week or two.

A more important indicator to me is my measurements. As long as the measurements or the weight goes down, I am happy. I have lost inches and gained pounds...it's no big deal. Make sure you are taking your measurements as well.

Hang in there,

Dee :wave: