PDA

View Full Version : [BFL] My first week

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Paul123
Sat, May-04-02, 23:20
Hi,
I picked up the BFL book last saturday read it sunday, and I have taken this progam for a little test drive this week.
I ate the six meals a day, did the cardio (HIIT), and the u&lbwos like it calls out in the book. I lost 3 lbs, and I feel much stonger than I did a week ago. I feel the work outs give me structure that I really needed. I was also getting reckless with my nutrition before. The BFL book set me in the right direction. Now the more information I can get the better.
I wont be taking any challange, but I will adopt this exercise & nutrition program. I'm just not buying into the whole EAS products. (they are a little over-priced, and the taste :thdown: imo) pro preformance (gnc) works for me. Anyway when I get in the best shape of my life, it will be worth more than any material prize.

Paul

judy130
Wed, May-08-02, 06:28
That's terrific! I feel the same way about the actual exercises and am enjoying them a lot. I'm also in my second week.

However, like you, I find the protein powders very expensive. We have a GNC here but their prices seem much higher in the UK. It cost me a fortune the first week just to buy the EAS shakes (one pack of 20 sachets). I then bought just a plain protein powder which was a bit cheaper. One Myoplex snack bar is about three dollars your money - is this the same for you? I wonder if the UK prices are over-inflated.

Anyway, good luck and hope you get the results you are after.

Judy

TeriDoodle
Wed, May-08-02, 08:03
Paul!! Congratulations on your commitment to improved health! I think you'll be amazed at how much stronger you feel in just a few weeks. It's highly addictive! Finally!!....a GOOD addiction!! :)

Oh no, Judy ....I think Myoplex bars here are about US$1.50-1.75....still too high, in my opinion, but they are convenient!

Is there an online distributor that will ship int'l?? Have you checked netrition.com (link on the lower right corner of your screen)? We just bought (in bulk) 12 lbs. of GNG whey protein powder for US$60.00....that's about 360 scoops I think.....Just FYI.

judy130
Thu, May-09-02, 09:54
Thanks, Teri. I'll look into it.

Judy

Paul123
Thu, May-09-02, 10:26
I find it disturbing how exspencive it is to be healthy.
Though if you shop around you'll find a way to get what you need at an afordable price.

I get my meal replacement shakes for $1.40 us a piece at GNC, but thats with a GNC gold card and the buy one get one 1/2 off sale that they have on their pro preformance brand.

EAS has a 35% off sale on myoplex stuff, and you can get the bars online for a little over $1.00 us a piece. I think they are $13.00 to $14.00 for a box of 12. You can find out more At the EAS web site (http://promo.eas.com/myoplex/maymadness/) .

Before you buy bulk I would make sure you like the taste of the product your buying. What is the use of 10 boxes of health food if you can't stomach the taste.
I know, I have a bag of nitro-tech strawberry bars in the frig that are uneatable to me.

Have a great day,
Paul

TeriDoodle
Thu, May-09-02, 10:42
Oh, don't you worry about THAT!! We have used the GNC protein regularly for a month or so now....we like it fine! :)

yes, it is more expensive to be healthy and eat healthy things..... why do you think most Americans are so fat and UNhealthy?? It's cheaper!!!